Kelly Bishop

Kelly Bishop Fan Reviews (11)

• who doesn't like Kelly Bishop?

fell in love with Emily Gilmore on the Gilmore Girls and Fanny from Bunheads. love these characters Kelly Bishop played.

• Kelly Bishop, I wish she was my Mum.

I absolutely love Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore. She embodies the role. With a sassy, get it done and do it correctly, professionalism. She exudes and drips class with every bit of her tongue. But can not help letting out her unique individual flairs... her haughtiness is overcome by her insecurities. And a tender heart beats underneath her pearls and cashmere. I applaud this actress... Simply put, she's my favorite. I wish she did more and i wish when I watched dirty dancing I payed a bit more attention I mite just have to watch it again and try to spot her out.
  • Classic and amazing!

There are few actors in this world that can make you love yet hate the character they are portraying at the same time. Kelly Bishop is one of the actresses that can. Although I am only familar with her as the character Emily Gilmore on Gilmore Girls, I see she is an amazing actress. She makes you pity her and loath her, something hard to make a viewer do. Kelly has the most talent on the set of gilmore girls. While Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel are also superb actresses, Kelly Bishop's role is harder to portray yet she does it better than anyone else could.
  • Ja som sa narodila 28.feb, takze je to moj clovek...Charakter postavy je nervny, ale ma svoj hoch styl.

Pani bishop je ako moja grandmum, ale she lives in own world.Ma vsetko naprogramovane atesi sa zo svoje noblesy. Nechcela by som byt riadena touto pani, aj ked trochu mam tento problem doma. Musi tu byt az sto slov.Neviem pisat v english a v slvak language uz nemam slov.Takze pani vie byt aj na silu mila, aj ked by vrazdila.Musi si udrzat riadny odstup, aj ked najradsej by sa kazdemu hodila okolo krku a vyslahla emocie do plena. To by bolo great. Ulavilo by sa jej a mohla by dalej hrat tu chladnu malomestiacku a terorizovat svoju rodinu, v nasom meste je takychto grandmums vela.Enede schluss.
  • Wow, she's amazing!

She is absolutely my favorite character in Gilmore Girls, and seems like an awesome person outside of it too. The things her character says basically make me puke from laughter. She and Richard are a great couple on the show! Too bad she can't ditch her real hubby and marry Ed.
  • Kelly does a fantastic job!

Kelly is perfect for the role of Emily Gilmore on Gilmore Girls. I give Kelly Bishop a ten on her performance as Emily Gilmore. Her acting has to be top notch to make that character believable. Kelly and Emily are two different people. I have seen Kelly in interveiws, and she seems nothing like her character. She seems so nice and sweet. Emily can be mean somethimes. She and Ed Herrmann have a nice on screen connection. Kelly and Lauren on the other hand are great together. Their timing is just pheonomenal. It is so beleivable that they could have a relationship like that. Well done Kelly!!
  • Kelly Bishop is one actress I wish I had known more about, seen more and hope she continues to act throughout her life. The world deserves it!

Kelly Bishop is fabulous as Emily Gilmore.I wish I remembered her from Dirty Dancing and now I will have to watch it again. Ms. Bishop's subtle nuances to her performance as Emily Gilmore are just excellent and hilarious. She has made the "family dinners" my favorite part of the show. I love her devotion to Richard and, in her subtle yet so noticiable way, her love for her daughter and then how she can be so outwardly enthusastic about Rory.
    My all time favorite moment is when Rory hosted the DAR USO themed dinner and after Richard found out that Rory had indeed been "crushed", Kelly's character Emily, calmly sent her husband Richard out for a quick stroll to calm down and then turned toward the "crusher's wife", with the most realistically wicked, revenge-filled look in her eye and as a spirited yet composed lioness, protected not just Rory, but in turn, her entire clan. The turn from Richard and the look in her eye...that one moment was by far my favorite moment of every Gilmore Girls episode. Only an incredibly gifted, talented actress could have pulled off that "one moment". I will respect her always for that...as well as the way she plays her character in general. But thanks for the "moment", Ms. Bishop. Keep being the Emily that the show must have to be as good as it is. As far as I'm concerned, Edward Herman is not the only one that should be getting a "special appearance by" billing. You are equally talented in your own right, and as you play that role...unsurpassed by any other matriarchal character I've yet to see on television or film. Thank you for sharing your talent with me, with us...your fan and viewers.

• An amazing actress who can portray Emily Gilmore like nobody else could

She's an amazing actress and I don't think that anybody could portray Emily Gilmore like Kelly can.. I've seen her in Dirty Dancing and she was great in that one too but I like her best as Emily Gilmore

She can portray every aspect of that woman perfectly. She can make her vonerable(?), she can make her the annoying mother who messes with her daughters' life all the time...

and she does it amazingly... :)
    She really deserves an Emmy, a nomination would be fine already
  • Talent and Luck.

Kelly Bishop probably had a wee bit of luck along the way, but I have seen this woman perform on Broadway, as well as on film and TV. She is one heck of a talented actress, capable of really investing truth and reality into a variety of different characters. Kudos to Kelly Bishop!
  • The embodiment of Class, Sophistication, Haughtiness, and Heart.

I absolutely love Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore. She embodies the role. With a sassy, get it done and do it correctly, professionalism. She exudes and drips class with every bit of her tongue. But can not help letting out her unique individual flairs... her haughtiness is overcome by her insecurities. And a tender heart beats underneath her pearls and cashmere. I applaud this actress... In the episode, The Reigning Lorelai, from season 4, Kelly Bishop displays her amazing range. I believe the soul of Emily Gilmore comes through, with all her zaniness on display, but also her immense pain. She becomes human in this episode, and Kelly Bishop is definitely the one who slid that character out so well that you could feel each emotion filtering through her pores. Simply put, she's one of my favorites.

-P.S. Forgive the double posting, though there are a few edits, but I used my brother's account by mistake. :/
  • Embodiment of Class, Sophistication, Protectiveness, and Heart.