Kevin Sorbo

Kevin Sorbo Fan Reviews (10)

He's just great!The only who could do such a wonderful work as Hercules and Dylan Hunt. He's always welcome as a guest star. I love his movies.Prairie Fever,Last Chance Cafe,Walking Tall 2 and 3, Avenging Angel,Fire From Below, Something beneath and all the others... It's really a shame that things went wrong with the TV series Bobby Cannon. We would love watching it. I really miss him in a TV series! And by the way, he's a wonderful person, always giving support to events and foundations that take care of children. I wish more actors did such things! We really need more Kevin Sorbo! Carmen, Rio Grande do Sul,Brazil
  • Great actor - not so good at directing

7.9
    Having only watched Andromeda and the odd episode of Hercules, I have to say, he can act. This is rare in a guy with brawn, but Andromeda cast three actors with both muscle and acting talent. (The guys who player Tyr Anasazi and Telemachus Rhade being the other two). Unfortunately, there was a noticeable shift when Mr. Sorbo became more influential over the direction of the show. It seemed like less of an epic and more like Hercules - Sorbo beating people up and being an all round stock character. In fact, most of the characters turn from 3D to 2D. This is because Sorbo's influence made Robert Hewitt Wolfe, the original developer, leave the show, and it suffers greatly.

In summary, from what I've seen with Andromeda, Mr. Sorbo is an excellent actor, which is a strength he should stick with. He limited himself by influencing the direction of Andromeda rather than acting well, which could've made it as big as other big Sci-Fi shows.
  • Was awesome in the show Andromeda, and in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

A native of Mound, Minnesota, Kevin Sorbo stars as Dylan Hunt in the science-fiction/action hour sensation, “Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda,” based upon an idea from the late "Star Trek" creator's archives. Since its debut in 2000, “Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda” has been the number one action hour in first run syndication and is entering into its third season. Kevin quickly rose to international stardom in the title role of the hit series, “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.” Beginning as five two-hour telefilms in 1993, the popularity of the made-for television movies resulted in the January 1995 launch of the weekly one-hour series, which became a breakout hit. Quickly becoming the number one first-run program in syndication, the innovative action hour revitalized the entire action/adventure genre on television and prompted two spin-off series. Kevin also directed two episodes of the show, and co-wrote one installment.
  • an excellent actor in both in Andromeda, and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

A native of Mound, Minnesota, Kevin Sorbo stars as Dylan Hunt in the science-fiction/action hour sensation, “Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda,” based upon an idea from the late "Star Trek" creator's archives. Since its debut in 2000, “Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda” has been the number one action hour in first run syndication and is entering into its third season. Kevin has also been named the third most bankable star in syndication, behind Regis Philbin and Oprah Winfrey.

Recently, Kevin was cast as the lead in the independent feature “Clipping Adam” for first-time director Michael Picchiottino. Kevin will play Father Dan, a freethinking priest who helps a young boy cope with the death of his mother and sister.

Kevin quickly rose to international stardom in the title role of the hit series, “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.” Beginning as five two-hour telefilms in 1993, the popularity of the made-for television movies resulted in the January 1995 launch of the weekly one-hour series, which became a breakout hit. Quickly becoming the number one first-run program in syndication, the innovative action hour revitalized the entire action/adventure genre on television and prompted two spin-off series. Kevin also directed two episodes of the show, and co-wrote one installment. In 1997, Kevin made his feature film debut with "Kull the Conqueror,” a prequel to “Conan the Barbarian.” Kevin has also appeared on several hit television shows such as “Dharma & Greg,” “Just Shoot Me,” “Cybill,” “The Commish,” and “Murder, She Wrote.” In addition to acting, Kevin is the spokesperson for “A World Fit for Kids,” a non-profit organization that provides gang, drug and dropout prevention programming to kids at risk. In his role, Kevin raises awareness of the importance of mentoring and acting as a positive role model to the youth of our country.
  • An excelent actor in both Andromeda, and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.

• I thought he played a great Hercules and a great Dillan Hunt, I just wish he was doing another tv show.

I first started watching Kevin Sorbo on Hercules when I was a kid. I became a big fan of his and was sorry to see Hercules end. Than I started watching Andromeda mainly because Sorbo played in it, but it quickly became about the whole cast because they were all great.

I really miss seeing Kevin on tv and wish he were starring in another tv show. I saw him guest star on Dharma and Greg, but that just isn't enough for me, I would like to see him in a starring role on something. I think he does really good sci-fi and wouldn't mind seeing him do more of it. Andromeda just didn't last long enough in my opinion!! Maybe he could do some Andromeda movies or something.
  • Hero, Strength, Vulnerability

I started watching Kevin in his Hercules series, and I've liked him in everything I've seen him in since. I think he portrays the Hero very well. He shows a strength as well as a vulnerability in his acting performances and never goes over the top. I felt that he did a fantastic job as Dylan Hunt in Andromeda, and I continually look forward to watching that in syndication. I think he's got great comedic timing, so I'd like to see him in a comedy of some sort in the future, therefor I'm looking forward to seeing what he does next.
  • He was a great actor who made a poor choice which wrecked a promising career.

He was probably my favorite actor ever. I personally loved him in Hercules the Legendary Journeys. That was my favorite TV show of all time. The only problem was that he left that show to go do Andromeda, even though they wanted to continue running Hercules. At first I liked the show but around season 3 it started getting really hard to follow. If he would have just stayed on Hercules he would probably be more well known. Back when that show was on, if people didn't watch it they had at least heard of it. Nobody knew what Andromeda even was. He only made one movie, Kull the Conqueror, which did not make much money, but was still better than alot of movies I've seen. If he would just try another movie, maybe he could return to his former glory.
  • kevin sorbo has been on two major series as far as i can tell, Hercules, and Andromeda. I beleve these two are about as far from eachother as you can get. it is hard now-a-days to find an actor that can break out of a rut like that.

his acting is about as good as any other sci fi/ action adventure star of this day. i personally feel he will find now and interesting parts and make the pure gold by the simple fact that he has a name most people know good enoght to trust he would not pick a crapy series.
  • Talented and versitle actor can play any kind of roll, have seen him in comedy as well as drama and science fiction. Family man and a humanitarian for the children. I hope to meet him in person someday so I can let him know how much I enjoy watching him.