KoRn

KoRn Fan Reviews (3)

• KoRn is an intense, highly talented band with legions of fans worldwide, though the band also has played a key role as an innovator.

KoRn is without a doubt one of, if not the, most important bands to the boom of the so-called "nu metal" movement that gave rise to bands such as Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Adema, and others.

Frontman Jonathan Davis is a very talented, unique singer whose tightly crafted lyrics and distinctive voice and singing style, which of course includes the grunts, groans, and scats for which he has become known. Virtually all of his lyrics and their subject matter revolve around personal experiences and situations Davis has seen over the course of his life, a fact that likely allows many of the band's fans to relate to the band's music. James "Munky" Shaffer adds great guitar melodies through the distinct characteristics of his playing style, one of which is the way he bends the strings and slowly releases them to create the effect of a guitar going out of tune. Fieldy is the highly talented bassist with several highly unique playing styles and techniques. One of them is a clicky, percussive sound, which can easily be mistaken for a kick drum on numerous songs. His base lines typically go over the guitar lines, thereby adding another dimension to the base. And then there is David Silveria, the shy member of the band (according to Jonathan), who began playing drums at age nine. Silveria is a highly accomplished drummer – just listen to "It's On", "Chi", "F_get", or "Falling Away From Me", just to site a few of the songs on which he does such an outstanding job.

In addition to their musical contributions, KoRn was one of the first bands to capitalize on the popularity boom of the internet in the mid-1990s. The band used the internet for communication and interaction with its fans, behind the scenes images and videos, live internet broadcasts, and marketing, just to name a few.

KoRn's seventh studio album, entitled See You on the Other Side, leads in a somewhat different direction than previous albums, but is also gives the band an opportunity to experiment, expand, and open the flood gates of creativity, which may or may not be something subsequent albums utilize too. And though the loss of Head, who went to join a flock of sheep, in 2005 will certainly have some affect on the band, the remaining four members are determined to continue on this journey they began as teenagers back in Bakersfield, CA in 1994.
  • Korn is without a question one of the most popular bands in the world. Jonathan Davis continues to write great lyrics that all us hardcore fans crave and can't seem to get enough of.

Korn is without a question one of the most popular bands in the world. Jonathan Davis continues to write great lyrics that all us hardcore fans crave and can't seem to get enough of. Yes their sound has changed over the years, coming into the scene with hardcore riffs and even heavier screams, but the great bands have to change (for the better). Once young and full of anger, Korn now has set that aside and matured into a band that is simply about making good records and pleasing their audience. Sure we all know that Korn's greatest album was their first self titled album "Korn", but even with that said Korn still keeps releasing albums that are hits such as "Follow the Leader" and "Issues". No doubt that without them and the Deftones the world of Hard Rock would've never been the same. These two bands single-handedly paved the way for all these new bands like, Staind, Disturbed, Godsmack, and Linkin Park. Keep on rocking it and we'll keep on listening.
  • Luv ya!!

I luv u guys!! Me, mom, and Step dad listen to u guys when we can!!! when Im mad I listen to u and u clam me down!! I luv ur songs some of them relate to me!! I live with my dad and step mom and I cant listen to u im only aloud to listen to u in Nj with my mom!!! I wish I could see u in concert!! I would like to have everything u guys sell and get ur signatures 2!!!! My lil bro Jack whos only 1 falls asleep with ur music!!! Thats how good u r when a baby falls asleep in ur music!!! Well Ill write more later!!!!!! ;-p luv Sam xoxoxoxoxo