Larry David

Larry David Fan Reviews (12)

• What can you say... he's Larry David!

Larry is a great actor, producer and writer for his numerous shows such as Seinfeld and Curb your Enthusiasm. It shows Larry's comedic gift when he writes and thinks up on the spot lines for his show Curb your Enthusiasm.

Larry has a genious mind when it comes to acting in a TV show. When he goes on set for his show or gets ready for sketches, he always makes the audiance laugh or atleast chuckle! Larry works very well with the other cast members he is placed with. Larry and Jeff are perfect friends on screen, and makes it fun for the audiance to watch.

Great person! Check out his works!
  • Larry David.......ahhhhhh what more can I say. perhaps the funniest man of the 20th and 21st century.

I can not get enough of CYE. Larry has put the nation in a reality check. If more people could only be like Larry David the nation would be happy and always smiling. When I turn my set on to watch one of his CYE episodes on HBO. I know I am guaranteed a good hardy laugh. I forget my troubles and really enjoy a quality show. Thank you HBO for bringing CYE to my living room every Sunday. Thank you Larry David, for inspiring so many comedians today. Life is so hard, without laughter we have nothing. Larry David you are good for my soul.
    Lori Gerage
  • Pure genius of Comedy

Larry is a top notch comedian. He is such a natural, very few comedians can make me laugh like he can. I often sit through a stand-up comedy show without a laugh, but Larry is so brilliant I have to watch out I don't laugh to laud and disturb the neighbours, LOL! I just saw the movie "whatever works" and had a ball, because of Larry, hes totally awesome! I mean he could deliver a complete bombshell of a communication in a complete subtle way, or describe something about life, cynically, but be so brilliantly stated,it's undeniably true.
  • Larry's Amazing Comedy and Life

Larry David: a true pioneer of ground breaking, irreverent comedy. Not many comedians in history have pushed the envelope as much as Larry. The amazing thing about him is he once presumed he would be homeless. He thought he would find a a nice out of the way spot in New York City to make his homeless home. How did he go on to become so successful is the big question. He will tell you his big break was knowing Jerry Seinfeld, which is in part true. But maybe there was a little destiny and fate involved. Of course, scientists would tell you the universe is far too random for fate - what do you think?

A great biography on Larry explores the question:

www.TheLarryDavidStory.com
  • Overated.

1.5
    Not very funny.
  • A true comic genius, up there with the greats

Larry David is one of the few true comic geniuses of our time. His work on Seinfeld was cutting edge and his current show, Curb Your Enthusiasm, is just as funny.

Many people say they don't get his humor, but I say what is there to get? It's just automatically funny, you don't need to understand anything in order to laugh at him. Those that don't get his humor are either stupid or accountants. An example: in an episode of CYE, Larry is accused of being a self-loathing Jew, he responds with "Hey, I may loathe myself, but it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm Jewish." That is simple, easy-to-understand comedy.
  • The man behind 2 hit shows

Larry David you are a genius.

Who would have thought a show about nothing would be so hilarious. Now there are a million shows out there that are about something, but they will never be anywhere near as good as Seinfeld was.

It was always a big ask doing another sitcom when there has been so much success with his previous show.

There was a lot to live up to be Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the funniest things on TV at the moment! He stars in this show which is proof that hes got the talent in front of the camera as well as behind it.
  • Larry is a one of a kind!!!

Larry David's comic genius is amazing. When you watch an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm alot of people think "I could have come up with that." If that was the case we would all be writers and live on the beach like Larry. The fact of the matter is that writing about real life is probably more difficult than fiction. His powers of observation are also evident in Seinfeld. Lets hope Curb Your Enthusiasm continues it's run on HBO because no other comedy comes close.
    Larry rocks!!!! Larry rocks!!!!! Larry rocks!!!!! Larry rocks!!!!! Larry rocks!!!!! Larry rocks!!!!! Larry rocks!!!!!
  • Larry David is best known for being the co-creator of 'Seinfeld'. He gained even further fame with his HBO show 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. Long before his 'Seinfeld' reign, Larry was making people laugh on the late-night comedy show 'Fridays', wrote for 'S

Larry David is a genius! He is a great, great man! He is the funniest man in the universe! There isn't anyone better than him, don't bother looking! From 'The Seinfeld Chronicles' (which I saw) on, I have been a fan of everything Larry since I was a young girl.
  • A comical genius!!

Larry David has fulfilled my need for comedy with his hit long time running show 'Seinfeld' and his newer great show 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. The shows are both great in the sense that they are funny, original, and about nothing! The shows are almost identical In My Opinion. Seinfeld had greater characters, but I love the fact that Larry David is the main character in 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. He is absolutely brilliant! 10/10!
  • This man is god.

Well, what can I say? Larry David is the my kind of person. He just doesn't care, and I love him for that. If he thinks someone s being rude, he'l tell them. People think he is such an a-hole but if everyone followed the rules of Larry David, the world would be a much better pace. The man is a genius, a legend and a top bloke.

He has created two shows that are classed as 'classics', in Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. They both ran/are running for a long time, and loved by the public. How many 'comics' can boast that record?
  • No person on television has the sheer creativity or true comedic raw talent as Larry David. He is certainly timeless and it is evidenced by the type of content that he tackles in "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

When I first saw "Curb Your Enthusiasm," of course I found it humorous. Many people do. However, I have repeatedly watched the episodes over and over (both on DVD and on television), and I have to admit that I have almost always found something new that I never noticed before that has brought me more enjoyment to these episodes. Obviosuly, I am also a big "Seinfeld" fan as well. I think that David's humor is an acquired taste for people. Not everyone that I have shown the show to has liked it. Yet, many people don't want to admit that they do evil things when the reality is that we have, we do, and we will continue to do so. In my opinion, the show epitomizes that fact without being afraid to in a hilarious way. Being as abrasive as Larry David is on the show is almost as embarrassing as a stranger walking in on you while you're on the toilet. However, somehow we survive and some of us can go on to tell about it. Unfortunately, I have been walked in on by a stranger while I was on the toilet at work. Twice. It is uncomfortable and very embarrassing, but it makes a good story. "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is kind of like that. I have to say that "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is wonderful because not only does Larry do things that makes us uncomfortable while watching it but he also defends himself for what he does and why he does it. Larry doesn't think that he is a horrible person. Even while watching it, I can't say that I agree with everything that he does. As a wife, I think that I would be a lot more like Susie is on the show toward him than as his wife Cheryl is with him. Nevertheless, I know that there are some things that I have certainly done that only my husband would be understanding about... or sometimes not-so-understanding about. And sometimes life really sucks. Sometimes it seems like everything bad is happening just to us. There are days that are just so terrible that you wonder if they are going to get any worse and then you get a flat tire. Or, in Larry's case, you get a flat tire when you're on the way to have a meeting to do work that you're kind of dreading and while driving there you're pretending to shoot at some kids in the backseat with your finger and their large Norseman father stops and gets out of the car, threatens you, and then flattens your tire. It's Murphy's Law. This is why Larry David is a timeless, original comedian. He makes us feel like we are not alone in the kind of world that we live in and he doesn't apologize for being a jerk when he has to be. Even though Larry has millions of dollars, he still has to go through the same crap that the rest of us do. Larry David makes some of us feel okay about how we live and gives us the opportunity to laugh about it. Bravo, Mr. David!