Leo Laporte

Leo Laporte Fan Reviews (3)

• Leo keeps it simple for the rest of us.

In a world where technology grows increasingly more complicated, it is refreshing to have an individual who takes this technology and breaks it down so everyone can enjoy it. Leo Laporte is one of those people.

His energetic yet simple approach to technology allows people to enjoy computers, televisions and ipods more, no matter what their age. Many technology "gurus" feel that computers are "their's" and that certain bits of information should only be shared with their elite group of tech buffs. Leo Laporte believes that technology should be used by everyone, and that you shouldn't be afraid of it.

I first caught Leo's work on his show The Screen Savers. He was like the cool parent that got excited over the newest computer release or the latest news about the internet. What I really liked was the way he would take calls and simplify his answers so that non-tech people could understand it. Not only that, but he would give multiple options on how to solve the problem. Also, when an interview was getting a little to technical, he would guide it back to basics. I then watched his Call for Help which spent an entire hour devoted to solving people's technology related problems. Unfortunately, due to a network buy-out and later a network "demographic" overhaul, Leo's shows were cancelled in the United States. Now Laporte's fans can find him on the internet with his weekly podcasts.

So if you ever need help with your Personal "Confuser", all you need is Leo to help you out.