Mae Whitman

Mae Whitman Fan Reviews (26)

• One of the best voice actresses of my time...

I really admire Mae as she began acting ever since she was born. To the age of three, and now age 18, she has really worked hard to recieve all of her awards and fame. I love her voice best in the show Avatar: The Last Airbender, a show on Nick. Katara is infact, my favorite character, in chich Mae Whitman voices. I admire her character, adaptable, kind, and an excellant bender. Mae Whitman has really brought Katara's voice to life, ever since the show Avatar has been opened and aired. Every since then, I've been watching more TV then ever!
  • Mae Whitman is such a talented actress. I wish I was like her. She's soooo pretty and nice. Mae's fabulous.

Mae Whitman is such a talented actress. I wish I was like her. Mae is sooooo pretty and nice. One of my favorites just like the rest of the Avatar cast. Very Talented. She makes such a good Katara and on American Dragon: Jake Long, she makes a great Rose. I hope she doesn't ruin her life like Lindsay and Britney. Well, she's too nice to even ruin her life. Mae is a role model to young girls if you ask me. I wish that I'd see her more often on Nick and Disney. It's as if they never want to show her. Good luck Mae!
  • You rock Mae Whitman!!!!

I became Mae\'s 1# fan when I saw her in State of Grace!!! She is a magificent and wonderful actress and has a beauiful voice!!!! I enjoy seeing her act in movies and on Tv! So far, she is doing roles on State of Grace as, Avatar as Katara, and Rose in American Dragon: Jake Long! Rose, Katara and are my favorite characters in her hit shows!!! She is becoming more famous and known in her carrer as an actress!!!! You rock!!!
  • Mae Whitman is great!

Mae Whitman is a voice actress to many different TV shows. She voices Rose/Hunts Girl in American Dragon: Jake Long. Katara in Avatar: the last Air Bender. She voices both parts so well! She puts a lot of emotion, thought, and talent in her work! She also use to provide her voice in Teacher's Pet, and Johnny Bravo. Mae Whitman is a beautiful and talented voice actress, enough said!
  • I Love Her Acting!!!

What can i say? Katara, Katara, Katara. This woman made my second favorite character in Avatar: The Last Airbender (my favorite cartoon) enjoyable to watch. As Imafreek said two posts ago, " I see Mae as an actress who knows how to emote, get into character, and go from innocent to serious no

It seems like whatever show she seems to star in, turns out to be something to watch again. I hope she continues to have success in her career. I hope she makes an appearance in Legend of Korra. One of my favorite voice actors ever!!!

• Great Acting over the past four years!

I love your voice as Katara!
  • she is so awesome

Mae whitman had begun her carreer with a tyson chicken commercial...which she beat her mom out for. after that...she started to become even more talented and work with many movies and shows. her talents grew in acting. she starred in two great shows: avatar and american dragon on disney channel ....i think....
    i love her voice on american dragon with rose and she really brings the character to life and she does the same with katara...the waterbender and crush of avatar aang on avatar the last airbender. she was perfect for the role. does anyopne else agree with my review ?
  • grand voice of katara

Thanks to her, we got to experience all of our favorite characters fully. Since cartoons in themselves do not look human, the only things that bring their stories and ideas to life are through the voice. She has been getting her hand--er voice-- in all the right shows. Making many immensely popular and riding the upcoming stardum of them. But don't get me wrong, this amazing actress deserves every bit of it. From range to technique she could put so many women out of voice work if she dedicated herself fully. Not to mention she is as gorgeous as each of the characters she plays.
  • Katara! Sweet!

From that two word summary, you can tell that she voices katara from the series avatar the last airbender. she's voices it very well, but other then avatar the last airbender, she does other stuff too.

Mae Whitman was born in Los Angeles, California on June 9th, 1988. She has lived in Los Angeles all of her life. Mae started her acting career at the age of six. Just like when most people started. She stared in many pilot episodes and then went into some movies.

From there she recorded some songs for a movie and then got the biggest role yet, the one for voicing katara on avatar the last airbender. overall, she's a super talented person and well be remembered by all the katara fans.
  • She brings so much emotion to a character that it fits so well!

I first knew her from my all time favorite show Avatar The Last Airbender played as Katara a Motherly Waterbender. She has a very nice voice and I didn't know she was rose from American Dragon Jake Long. There's just something about her that makes the voices different, sure she sometimes use the same voice but there's just a spark every time I hear her. Her Grunts, Screams, "Hiyaa's!", and everything is so darn perfect. I also saw her on "The Jungle Book" Movie playing "Shanti" man she really played like a little girl! I also see she's an awesome actress! Because I saw her on Boggeyman2! she was a psycho girl! and she didn't even sound like her roles! I heard that she's gonna be in The Tinkerbell movie and I'm going to watch it because she's in it. Overall she's a pretty, awesome, nice, Actress/Voice Actress
  • Mae Whitman, one of the talented voice actors on the popular show Avatar: The Last Airbender.

When watching an animated series, one expects to hear quality voices from the characters. At least I do anyway. Well, with Mae Whitman and her alter image, Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender), you get just what you're looking for. Katara is a beautifully drown character with a feisty personality, yet nurturing at the same time. Such a character equally deserves a voice that matches, and borrowing Whitman's lovely voice box is a perfect match. I've seen shows where the characters are drawn to have a certain look, but as soon as they speak, that look is lost because they sound awkward. As I said, this is not one of those cases. Check out the show for yourself and listen to the brilliant cast as they blend well with each other. Mae Whitman has a beautiful voice and I hope for all the success with her life. Keep up the good work, Mae.
  • One of the best American Voice Actresses of our era.

• She is the perfect girl for the job as Katara!!! Freakin Awsome!! Both Mea, and Katara look great, so she has the right role for her!!! LOL...

She is the perfect girl for the job as Katara!!! All in All, I don't know all her history, but she is a GREAT ACTRESS!!! The Creator's made a very wise dicision casting her in the show with Jack De Sena, they both have Nickelodeon expirience.. she has a beautiful voice, I almost wish they would cast her in the Avatar Movie they are coming out with, Plus not to mention hat she has movie expirience her self... she has truly been a success, her job and Avatar has both turned out great, I think she has done a great job, and I hope to see another great job in Book 3 Fire, and what ever else she is goes for in the future!!!! jbrianjr...
  • One of my all time favorites...

Mae Whitman is a superb voice actress. I know she doesn't really change her voice much for the different characters she voices, but her voice always seems to be perfect for the character anyway. I think it's funny how she does voices on two of my favorite shows. One of them is American Dragon: Jake Long. Rose is one of my favorite characters and I love how Mae's voice can fit Rose's personality. Another show is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Katara is my favorite character on that show. Her voice isn't very different from Rose's on American Dragon, but it still fits her personality. I'm also really suprised that Mae was the President's daughter in Independence Day. I know her role was minor and she was little, but she was pretty good in that movie and she is still a good actress now. Hopefully, she'll get bigger and more famous roles in the future.
  • she great with voices also pretty hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she great with voices also pretty hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont want too feel in dont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel indont want too feel in
  • Wow. Thats really all I can say. Wow.

Wow she is one of the best voice over people i've ever heard. I watched johnny bravo and liked her as the little squirt that annoyed johnny.(her name escapes me) But I think it is amazing that she can go from a ninja that is supposed to slay her friend to a girl who can "bend" water. Just think her voice is perfect for both of them. Personally I think she should have gotten higher jobs but I'm glad she didn't otherwise I would watch two less t.v. shows. My caps off to you Mae for you are one of the greatest.
  • She's friggin' awesome. Need I say more?

Mae Whitman is a rare breed of voice actress. (and actress) Everything she does is practically perfect. She's absolutely wonderful and plays her characters perfectly. My favorite character of hers is Katara the waterbender from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Katara is such a funny and great character because of Mae Whitman. She's just so talented. I think she should be bigger, even though she has had quite a lot of work. Her appearances in Johnny Bravo and American Dragon: Jake Long are also fabulous. Mae Whitman is one of my favorite voice actresses and is a very talented actress who deserves more recognition for her talent.
  • Talented, good, i dont know what to say!

Mae is a really talented girl!I just love her voice! She plays in my favorite show in the world! Avatar: The last Airbender!! She just has to keep going with her job because she\'s soooo good! I hope she doesn\'t get out of the job! Way to go Mae Whitman!
  • She is by far one of the greatest voice actresses I know, can do any role, and sometimes I have to be reminded that it is her when she performs, she's that good, also I heard that she could sing

Most recognized for her roles as Katara in "avatar the last airbender," and Tinkerbell in the recent movie..... well, "Tinkerbell", and Rose/Huntsgirl the under-appreciated "American Dragon: Jake Long", I see Mae as an actress who knows how to emote, get into character, and go from innocent to serious no prop.

and with that, She can also sing... I know, she isn't exactly "famous" for it, and I never could find full versions of the Christmas songs she performed, but from the demos I've heard from her songs, she's talented, and deserved to at least sing again sometime... (which I was hoping for in the Tinkerbell movie).

Still,she is an incredible actress
  • With varying roles from random-crying-girl-in-the -background to the hot, lead girl in a popular animated show, I think her range of work takes a lot of skill. And since no one's perfect, I gave her a 9.5.

With varying roles from random-crying-girl-in-the -background to the hot, lead girl in a popular animated show, I think her range of work takes a lot of skill. I have read her profile on imdb, and I know imbd isn't exactly accurate, but oh well. She has gone from such little roles, to having so many lines and important parts. In Avatar: The Last Airbender, in which she plays Katara, she is absolutely wonderful. She always hits the right mood. I personally don't think that the writers of the show could have picked anyone better than Mae Whitman. I hope that once Avatar is over that she will be cast as a very important character in many other movies and shows. She deserves it. As of right now, she is only going to be in future American Dragon episodes and 3 movies to come out in 2008:

Nights in Rodanthe
    Spring Breakdown
    Tinker Bell

I'm not sure how major her roles are in the first two are, but she is the lead actress in Tinker Bell apparently. And just for that I think I'm going to go see that movie.
  • With varying roles from random-crying-girl-in-the-background to the hot, lead girl in a popular animated show, I think her range of work takes a lot of skill. And since no one's perfect, I gave her a 9.5.

With varying roles from random-crying-girl-in-the-background to the hot, lead girl in a popular animated show, I think her range of work takes a lot of skill. I have read her profile on imdb, and I know imbd isn't exactly accurate, but oh well. She has gone from such little roles, to having so many lines and important parts. In Avatar: The Last Airbender, in which she plays Katara, she is absolutely wonderful. She always hits the right mood. I personally don't think that the writers of the show could have picked anyone better than Mae Whitman. I hope that once Avatar is over that she will be cast as a very important character in many other movies and shows. She deserves it. As of right now, she is only going to be in future American Dragon episodes and 3 movies to come out in 2008:

Nights in Rodanthe
    Spring Breakdown
    Tinker Bell

• Amazing how she can convey so much with her voice.

We have not seen Ms. Whitman as an actor in a live action show, but her voice acting as Katara and Rose certainly have shown us through her own talents how much can be conveyed with a voice.

Thank you to her parents for allowing us to enjoy her work. It must be difficult for any parent of a talented child to know if getting into the entertainment business is beneficial or detrimental.

As Ms. Whitman grows, we look forward to experiencing her talents for as long as she is in this business. We also hope talented writers and producers continue to write and cast her in interesting parts.
  • She might not the prettiest girl in the world, but she sure know how to act and that\'s what important.

Mae Whitman isn\'t the prettiest girl in the world. But one thing to say about her, this girl can act. When I first heard her voice in the Jungle Book 2, I thought she was older. I thought she was a senior actress, but she\'s only older a few months than me. After that I started to watch her movies, and I had to admit that she wasn\'t just good, she was excellent. I really like her. Too bad she played at that awful tv show Teacher\'s Pet. She\'s confident and quite independent. I don\'t see any reason why people should hate her or compare her with other actors.
  • Very talented, works great with Zach and Jack in Avatar.

A very talented actress and voice actress. I must see some of her movies. Her voice is perfect for the role of gentle, kind Katara in Avatar. She sounds like her character in real life, which is a very good thing for a voice actor/actress. Sharing this talenst with Zach Tyler and Jack DeSena, she is sure to have a very promising future for Avatar and voice acting.
  • I don't know what it is, but she has a voice that expresses great emotion.

It seems she has already accomplished much as a character in many of her appearances on televison shows and in movies. I espicially like her in Avatar. Her role as Katara is very entertaining, and the voice she has fits her role nicely, no whiny, or irritating voices. Her character is actually someone that you really want to hear. Her experience shows, Avatar has demonstrated she can express feeling and mood in her speech.
  • Beyond exceptional voice work.

7.8
    She does exceptionally well as Katara in Avatar,with American Dragon as a runner-up.However,she puts some of the things into Katara that I would like to see in Rose (from American Dragon) and I personally like Rose better.You know...she pretty with flaws and has the two different idenity thing (evil and good) going on.I believe we'll see more of talents in season two of ADJL,as well as her continueing success in Avater:The Last Airbender. ^_^