Majel Barrett

Majel Barrett Fan Reviews (4)

• I do not keep up with the Hollywood news so I did not know Majel Barrett had passed away. The whole sci-fi world will miss her. We are greater because of her and less now that she is gone.

Did she best work on Star Trek NG but I feel will be most remember for keeping Gene's work going. She took over for Gene when he passed away and became the new heart of not only the Star Trek World but all of the other of Gene's works. I never heard anything negative about Ms. Barrett, which in itself, say a lot about her. There are never any sci-fi events in my area but what I have heard Ms. Barrett was well liked and loved my the fans. She seem to have known her role and used it for the betterment of Star Trek.
  • They need to update her biography

She unfortunately passed away.
    The biography fails to mention that.
    She died of leukemia December 18, 2008, shortly after finishing work for the upcoming JJ Abrams Star Trek movie.
    Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad.
  • When watching Star Trek, who could forget nurse chapel? The nurse with a thing for vulcans. The ansewer? No one...

Don't you just love good acting? Majel Barett had small background roles but always acted to the fullest. Anyone, trekkie or not, could appreciate her talent. She gave Nurse Chapel her character, kind, sensitive, loving, etc. And her other characters were amazing as well. Gene roddenberry knew she had a lot of potential. He was right. Let's not forget the animated series either! She gets her much deserved attention in picture form as well. Not to mention the love of her life Spock!(But we all know her heart belongs to star trek founder Gene Roddenberry) After her passing away, Star Trek just won't be the same. RIP Majel Barret!
  • Majel is definitely the queen of scifi.

Either love her or hate her, Majel Roddenberry is a key player in the Star Trek universe ... personally, I adore her.

She's strong, intelligent, talented, and has a great sense of humour. On top of that she tries to maintain Gene's memory and his vision for our beloved Trek universe. I have a great deal of respect for her, and I hope that we get to see more of her in the future.