Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey Fan Reviews (28)

• People actually like her?

What is it about Mariah Carey that people like? I for one can't stand her. The woman can't sing, her voice sounds like someone is scraping their fingernails on a chalkboard, and she certainly can't act, her movie "Glitter" and it's soundtracks were humongous flops. With these examples, her career should be going downhill - and fast, but unfortunately it isn't. If someone thinks she so great, is it because of how she looks? If that is the case, I have news, Mariah isn't all that pretty, the only reason why she is still around is because of her behavior after "Glitter" came out. In my opinion, Mariah Carey just needs to drop out of sight, because nobody would miss her.
  • Drop dead gorgeous, but...

Mariah Carey is one of the sexiest and most beautiful women on the planet. Seriously. As far as looks are concerned there are very few women who could even hope to hold a candle to her.

But...

She's supposed to be a singer, not a supermodel. I don't understand why she feels the need to hit super high notes at apparently random points in her music. Is she just trying to prove to us that she can do it? She may have a beautfiul voice, but this need to scream during her songs, as well as the fact that there seems to be little difference from one song to another, leaves little doubt in my mind that she is simply overrated. Insanely gorgeous, but overrated.

As far as her acting is concerned, her panning over her acting in Glitter was very much deserved. I'd say she should stick to singing, but I'm not so impressed with her in that department either.

So, as a singer/actress, I give her a 5 out of 10, which I think is generous. As far as her looks, I'd probably give her a 20 out of 10.
  • Great singer only.

Full of herself.
  • her voice is not that great.

i'm sick of how people are saying she has a voice like an angel. she doesnt, have you heard it. its like she's screaming or something. i mena its okay but not great. if you want a voice like an angel check out celine dion. mariah's voice cannot be compared to celine or even madonna's. mariah is beautiful, and does have some great songs to her credit, but she cannot act. nor can she dance. but i supposed she's a better actress than madonna. still, i think mariah is a bit overrated. mariah is worthy of the status of pop diva, but not so great as janet, celine, or madonna.

• Mariah Carey is a pretty good singer.

7.3
    Mariah Carey is a pretty talented singer. My only song I like from her though is "We Belong Together." Other than that, I do not listen to her music. She is very pretty though and she has talent to sing. I am a small fan of Mariah Carey. She is not bad, but she is also not the best. There is not much else to say about her. If she really wants to, I think she can act a little bit. When she performs, it is not that great. All she needs to do is practice performing. She is not a great performer, but an awesome singer.
  • She okay i guess.

7.6
    She can't dance u should of saw her shake it off video she was on the blechers and all she was doin' was bouncin' like she was a fool. She can sing and she is pretty, but she can't dance. i think them shoes was hurtin' her feet 4 real u know what im sayin'?
  • She seems to be turning into another Britney wanna be.. releasing music only for popularity and money.

7.7
    Having a history of no play - classics. With englulfed passion and innuendo... much has been expected of Mariah in terms of vocals. Although she seems to have chosen newer, more generic beats to earn some quick cash. Maybe since she wasn't selling tremendously well. Either way, she has an excellent voice, although, I find her ballads much more impressive.
  • Very Talented

7.8
    Mariah Carey is a very talented singer. The songbird released a movie called "Glitter" back in 2001. Sadly, her soundtrack cd became a total fall because it was released on September 11, 2001. Mariah Carey is very beautiful and talented. Unlike some singers Mariah Carey has been able to hit very high notes and that makes her more talented than some. Mariah has been making music for more than ten years. Mariah has also made a voice appearence on Disney's "The Proud Family". Mariah was playing herself but with a sick animal. So she takes the animal to the vet.
  • Mariah is Hot!

I've been following Mariah Carey for many years, starting in 1989. I saw some of her videos and some of those videos are very sexy. I myself am in love with her and I written some letters to her. I supported her all those years. Even her movie was a flop, I just can't abandon Mariah. Iwas one fan who stuck by her. I'm glad that she's back on track again. I've following her career and I'm still by her side. she's in her 40's and still sexy, even by that age. She's hot! Red Hot! I love you Mariah! keep up the good work!
  • mariah can sing her a** off

mariah can sing very well while these new comers *ahem ciara, ashanti, j lo* have no talent at all. they may be able to dance, or they may be ok, but if you're gonna be in the music industry you should be better than just "ok" mariah has been out for the longest and it still one of the best.
  • Mariah Carey is a true inspiration.She is the type of artist that has a different song for every single mood that you may be in.

This 39 year old is brilliant.She came to this earth March 27 and she was born in New York.Mimi is the best dedicated singer i have seen.Compared to the sociaty today that includes singers even exposing themselves.She is the only one next to Christina Aguilera that has mantained themselves serious.What I like about Mariah is that her music is made for your specific mood.She is a great singer,and really knows how to hit those high notes.She has not have any children and has had numerous relstionships.She has won grammy's and has a great future ahead if she continues.My personal favorite songs are "I Don't Wanna Cry" and "Love Takes Time". I like "I Don't Wanna Cry" because the song is stating that no matter how much you cry,its not going to bring you back to where you used to be.I love "Love Takes Time" because its stating that relationships don't always work out.Still you cant belive that,that person is gone.You feel empty and that gap that is in your heart is getting repaired while you are ready to move on.That you realize that you don't want to be there by yourself.That you keep on wondering that what did you do wrong and that suddenly you feel down and cold.You feel like you are loosing your mind.The video is black and white and it represents that "Love Takes Time".I love the notes that she hits and that it really compliments her voice.The song is besically saying that you are regreting anything stupid you may have done to have caused you to feel empty and imcomplete.These songs are great I highly recommend them.Mariah Carey is great.
  • Mariah Carey is underrated and GORGEOUS!!

I like Mariah Carey because she has a beautiful voice, when singing Don't Forget About Us I just have to dance and sing along. Her music isn't really my style, but she is WAY BETTER than many other artists. Her kind of music is different than the kind I like, but I love her singing. Also, she doesn't think being stick-skinny like other celebrities is a good idea. She is way better than many other singers. She has a beautiful face, beautiful hair, beautiful skin, a beaufiful body, and I know, and I have heard that she is very, very nice.
  • Mariah Carey is a gorgeous women who looks really sexy. What I,de give to go out on a date wit mariah carey because she,s really beutiful not just on the outside but in the inside. She seems like she has a great personality and manages to keep a great att

I,ve always loved mariah carey she is really a sweet person. The song we belong together was graet and i loved it couldnt have been better because it showed dat she knows how to express herself. Mariah Carey is really a beautiful women and unieque in her own way. I would love to go out with mariah Carey on a date, because she is a beautiful and gorgeous women and her personality is great to. She has a great body and figure and manages to keep in shape is which is great. Everytime she shows up to the awards and stuff she has on great outfits and stuff and has her own image. And thats why I like mariah carey....
  • Mariah is VERY talented.

Mariah Carey is one of America's best female singers. We all know that "We Belong Together" captures us all and was her strongest song.

Mariah has been in the biz for a while now but has just now shown how actually great she could be. "It's Like That" is also a really good song of hers. Along with "Fantasy" and "I Give My All". We all know that she is so awsome! :)
  • Mariah Carey is the most amazing singer in our generation.

I always remember Mariah being on top. Mariah will go with the flow...go with whats hot right now. She is always making music that fits in with the time. She has the most amazing voice I have ever heard. Whenever I hear her song, I get goosebumps! She has always been one of my favorite singers. Her music is very inspirational and moving. Also, Mariah has a very unique look. She is just an all around great person and performer. She also stays out of the media gossip...you never really hear anything bad about her or something stupid that she did.
  • Mariah Carey has been known for her being the biggest selling female since the early 90's and for her singing range (4 octaves and 2 notes)

Mariah Carey is very much loved but people dont know what a good person she really is she does everything for her fans and even perfoms when she is sick. But people do not realise this and they think she is just a diva but she is a real person that is very kind and if you remember her appearence on Opera in 1997 when she sang butterfly and they were showing her at her camp racing the kids and fishing with them which shows that she gives to her fans and she is not a diva people say she is.
  • Sexiest women alive. Great singer & inspiration.

Mariah Carey truely the most beautiful women I've ever seen. She's been my celebrity crush as long as I can remember. She's a great singer & inspiration to women everywhere. She's the greatest female singer I know of. If there's anyone better (which I doubt there is), then I don't know her. She's the queen of pop, basically. Nick Cannon, Tommy Mottola, & anybody else who's been with her are very lucky. My favorite songs of hers are "I'll be Loving U Long Time", "Bye Bye", "We Belong Together", & any other song she's done by her. Any woman singer fails in comparison to her. I'll Be Lovin U' Long Time, Mariah Carey!!
  • Mariah is fabulous of course, but her birth date is wrong. She was born on March 27, 1970.

What can I say about Mariah? She is talented, beautiful, fabulous and the greatest diva of all time! I have been a fan sice day one, and will ALWAYS be a fan. My love for Mariah has even inspired my family members and my significant other to become a fan! She's just that fabulous!
  • She's set the bar high, and anyone who doesn't like doesn't know talent!! there's so many young girls copying her. She's truely one AMAZING ARTIST!!

What more can you want from a female singer, she's listed as the all time best selling female artist!! With her amazing talent and caring personality who wouldn't like her. She's just absolutely amazing!! She sings like no other person out there. She knows how to use her voice well and not get too carried away with it. She's so underrated I believe cause it seems so many people don't like her, it seems in today's world people who are real and honest are the ones that get hated on the most. Madonna is so fake and plastic it's not funny and no one disses her, I'm not a afraid of Madonna, Mariah must be doing something right if she can sell multi-platinum albums and still get #1 singles!! I believe she'll stand the test of time, there are others I wish wouldn't stand the test of time like talentless Madonna but hey can't always get want you want.
  • Mariah Carey is one of my favourite Artists of all time!

I cannot name a song or an album that i do not like by Mariah Carey!

She has such an amazing voice and passion that it would be difficult not to feel the same emotion while she performs.

one of my favourite albums are music box and fantasy!

favourite songs are hero and melt away!
  • mariah carey is a very sexy hot woman. with a lovly voice. is is also one of my idoles. go on girl keep doing your think mariah.

mariah carey is one of the most beautiful, hot, sexy, talented women,and i look up to her. her voice is like a angel. keep doing what up do baby girl. i like that you came back and you came back strong and stayed strong. i love you girl.hurry up with the next albulm. mariah carey is the queen of singing. (after witney houston. no matter what if shes on crack that my girl)hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

i love you girl. keep doing your thing. keep your head up
    remember to always keep god first.
  • Mariah Carey is amazing!

Okay, I love Mariah! She is truly an extraordinarily talented singer. My absolute favorite Mariah Carey songs are Hero, I'll Be There, We Belong Together, Shake It Off, Don't Forget About Us, It's Like That, and of course her new song, Say Something.
    Mariah Carey also has a vocal range of 8 octaves. She can reach notes a bird can't reach. I don't know how anybody could say she has no talent. I mean, seriously. If you consider a woman with an 8 octave vocal range talentless, well then I must be lower than talentless, because I have a vocal range of 3 octaves. Seriously y'all. I mean, if you don't like her, you don't like her, but she isn't exactly what you would call talentless. A talentless person wouldn't get to be a singer at all.
    I love Mariah Carey's music. She has AMAZING talent!
  • Talented & Georgous ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The most talented singer ever.And also very beautiful!Mariah Carey is absoulutley awesome. Good songs by her include Don't Forget About Us, We Belong Togeather, Hero, Never Too far, and many more ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I hope Mariah Carey comes to Greenville South Carolina sometime in the near feauture.

GO MARIAH ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • she is an amazing singer!

mariah carey is one of my fave singers!she has ans amazing voice!she is very pretty!NOT hot cuz im a girl!my fave song of hers is dont forget about us!that is my fave song of hers!she is an amazing singers and i think she is really good at the high notes!i just wish i could have her voice but i cant!i have a good voice but still need 2 work a little on the high notes cuz sumtimes theyre 2 high and my voice fades away!well,i just think she is an amazing singer!i put that in there like 5 times!
  • mariah is good her songs is blowing up the charts very week # 1 back to back syhe is leading the music world she has a real good cd that made her the most selling femal singer in the world she is on top she is very good good cd!

weel mariah carey is off the hook now but i think this is going to be her last song i like do to the fact i only like the first 3 songs on her cd she is keep coming out with new songs on the radio but thay are not on her cd she is blowing up countdown trl,bet,radio disney
  • alot of people think shes sluty but who cares there nothing wrong with being sluty and shes not ! She has a beaitful voice and I jsut love her music !

Mariah has very classic style and she has an auhmazing voice ! She has like 7 albums and she finally on top again! I think it'd be really cool if her and Ciara went on tour together , I would so be there ! wouldnt you ? well you should be there that is if they do
  • So Sexy

Mariah Carey is so talented. She can act, sing and dance. Her voice just makes me want to sing even more. Her dancing is just incredible, and when she acts it seems like she's another different character. Also, mostly all of her hit songs have been on the top of the Billboard chart. She just recently debuted an album called "Emancipation of Mimi" it sold over 1 million copies. Thats how much of a singer she is. She is so charming! And she shines just like a star and she her single "Shake It Off" just came out with a new video.
  • Mariah Carey? Excellent!

Mariah Carey has an excellent voice. The song that really captured me was "We Belong Together."
    That song is awesome! We all know Mariah Carey (aka MiMi) has been famous for all of her other work in the 90's. Mariah Carey has really touched me with her songs and I believe she will continue to be big in the future. It at first seemed like she had lost her touch. Because she took a little break. She came back stronger than ever with a voice that could make anyone love her. I know I alread have, still do and wil forever to come!