Mariska Hargitay

Mariska Hargitay Fan Reviews (65)

• I LOVE U <3

I love u because it so amazing and I think that up got a. Big heart with all the kids
  • Great actress.

Alittle overated.Gets too many emmy noms.
  • One of the most beautiful women on TV!!!

Mariska Hargitay is my one of my favorite actors in the world! She is a beautiful woman, and should DEFINATELY be a little more recognized.

Mariska plays Olivia Benson on SVU. She does an EXCELLENT hob at it, too. Mariska is definatly a good role model, just from doing this role on TV. She has shown that you can be a beautiful woman, and still kick some a$$. Mariska is the founder of the 'Joyful Heart Foundation'. I think that it is wonderful that she has started up something for rape/assult/abuse victims, and that she has learnt something from SVU.

Mariska is a beautiful woman. I hope she gets a little more recognized for her work, because she really deserves it.

10/10!!
  • Overrated is a kind word.

Mariska Hargitay is one of the most overrrated actresses I have ever seen. Her character is the most overrtaed I've seen of any Law and Order series. I think that she isn't as good as Christopher Merloni and she gets too much attention unfairly overshadowing him. Her character in the series is really wooden and she acts like she is hot stuff. I just can't stand her character as it is unfair for her to get all the attention when most of the others are clearly better actors. I think the media has fallen in love with her, for some reason I will NEVER know. Either way, I compare her to Tom Green, Kim Kardashian, and Paris Hilton in terms of acting ability. Thank you.
  • amazing actor

Mariska is a awesome actor, was bad enough when Christopher left the show, but now that Mariska is leaving it as well, I have alread stopped watching it, very sad, they were amazing together and a real joy to watch, not mention the sex appeal of both, WOW, good luck hope you guys find another primetime network weekly show would be great to see you together again

• Mariska Hargitay is such a wonderful actress.

Mariska Hargitay is such a wonderful actress. The main reason I watch Law and Order SVU is because she is in it. Her acting is top of the notch stuff. When she cries I want to cry as well. Her crying actual seems real and not fake like a lot of other actresses. I think she is very beautiful. I have seen articles about her in magazine and she sounds like a really great person. I'm surprised that she isn't in more movies because she is so great at what she does. She is such a role motel for young girls and so is her character Olivia. I have watched SVU for years now and I was pretty young when I started to watch it. I look up to her now and realize that woman in the media should be more like her.
  • Mariska Hargitay:Brilliant Actress

The first time I ever saw Mariska act she was on Falcon Crest, I was 14 and my mother told me all about Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay.I found it all fascinating but kinda didn't think about it anymore.Then i saw where Mariska was going to be in a new show called Law and Order:Special Victims Unit in 1999 well to be honest I didn't think the show would be for me.When I would see an interview with Mariska I would read it or watch it very casually but I would never watch the show.Then in August 2002 I was bored one Friday night and decided to watch a rerun on NBC.Let's just say I never stopped,this show and this actress is addictive.I told my mother the next day that Mariska had turned into the most talented and beautiful actress and how amazing her work on this show was.I have been a fan every since.She is one of the absolute best.
  • An amazing actress!

"Detective Olivia Benson" is a great actress. I've loved watching her character develop from the start of the show until now. It's a credit to the writers, of course, but also to Ms. Hargitay's incredible acting abilities. She covers every nuance with amazing grace, beauty, talent, and stamina. I've also read about her in various women's magazines, especially after she had her baby, and she seems like a really cool person in real life as well. (Too often people mistake a person's role for who they are in real life when, in actuality, they may be nothing alike.) Ms. Hargitay says being a mom is her favorite role. Well, if she's as great a mother as she is an actress. then her child is one lucky kid.
  • The greatest actress of her time!

Mariska Hargitay is an amzing actress, and a phenomenal person. She strives to not just be remembered for her acting, but for the good she does on and off the screen. For the one person who said she was over rated, you are dead wrong. She does everything NOT to be over rated. Comparing her to Paris Hilton is like comparing a rock to a computer. Complete and total oppisites. She participates in charities and tries her best to help people. She also does amazing acting, and her character, Olivia Benson, is very believable and almost as awesome as Mariska. No matter what idiots say, we will always be her fans.
  • benson! duh.

1/2 of the benson/stabler duo. honestly, where the heck would svu be without them? svu = my favourite. i used to sneak downstairs to watch this too [as well as ER] as a kid, and hide behind the sofa. i honestly grew up with l&o - its been around as long as i have, and this spin off is the best. maybe even better than the original? i think she puts so much into bensons character, no one else could possibly pull it off. she's wonderful, and extremely talented. i hope the reports of her ailing health are untrue - or, at least, not as bad as they're made out to be. idk if l&o: svu could survive without her.
  • Such an amazing person.

Mariska Hargitay is absolutely amazing. She is brilliant as Olivia Benson on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. I saw her as Cynthia on ER before that, and the two characters are polar opposites, but she plays them both remarkably well. That just shows how great of an actress she truly is. The fact that she founded the Joyful Heart Foundation amazes me even more, knowing that she cares so much about people and is willing to put her effort into helping others. I really admire her and view her as a role model.

Mariska is truly a remarkable woman, through and through.
  • Mariska Harigtay is just simply brilliant She is just beautiful inside and out. She helps with rape victims on and off the show, which i found so incrediable nice. She is just an amazing actress and deserves another Emmy for her preformace in Undercover.

I started watching Law and Order SVU because of Mariska she is such a talented actress. I have now followed her career for about 2 years now. I have seen every movie she has been in. I just love the movie Plain Truth. She is a devoted wife and Mother to a very cute son named August. I would give just about anything to meet her. I love the fact that she deals with rape victims on and off the show. There are not many actress who would take their work one step farther. She deserves another Emmy Award for her perfomace in UNDERCOVER. i was on the edge of my seat all night long!!
  • While she was raised in the spotlight, I don't believe it ever really affected her. She is a first-rate actor and I enjoy watching her.

Mariska Hargitay is one of America's finest actors since Claudette Colbert. I would love to see her on the big screen someday. I enjoy watching her on Law and Order and think she does well in her role as Olivia. She comes across as someone who really cares about her 'co-workers' and sends the message that she will not take any guff from anyone. Mariska was lucky enough to have parents who could really act and taught her well. It's too bad she didn't get to know her mother better. She missed out on so much because of the loss.
  • AMAZING!!!:)

Mariska Hargitay is one of the best actresses ever. I watch Law and Order SVU as often as possible. I love crime shows, and have one favorite on each show... NCIS- Cote de Pablo, Criminal Minds- Paget Brewster etc.) She is a beautiful person inside and out. The character she plays on SVU gives me hope and faith that the situations I go through can be manageable. Her son August is absolutely adorable! Mariska could definately have her own show. She is very popular already, but I still think that people don't see all of her talent. Mariska Hargitay is amazing!!!
  • Amazing actress + person!!!

I love Mariska Hargitay! ... she is amazing on SVU! She is so great at capturing the character of Olivia Benson.

I think she is so admirable for starting the Joyful Heart Foundation and giving back, because of how starring in SVU affected her. She helps victims to stay strong and get through the trauma they experienced. She brings Olivia Benson to life in a different sense, although she isn't out there busting "perps", she is still helping the victims each and every day with the Joyful Heart Foundation. She is a wonderful role model, and stays humble, even with all the fame.
  • Mariska Hargitay is a wonderful actress who has worked her way up from low-budgeted horror films to starring in a high-rated series on NBC.

Mariska Hargitay, making $400,000 an episode for her work on Law and Order Special Victims Unit, is one of the top female earners on television. She is a highly respected actress not just for her series, but also because of the charity she runs known as 'The Joyful Heart Foundation', that helps rape victims. Mariska truly cares for these people and her foundation has helped thousands of rape victims. Her mother is famed blond bombshell Jayne Mansfield (killed in a 1967 car crash, Mariska was in the backseat asleep) and her father is one time Mr. Universe, Mickey Hargitay (died of multiple myeloma Sept. 14th, 2006). As an actress her first film was 'The Ghoulies' when she was 21. She went from there to other teen flicks made-for-tv movies, and guest-starring on various television shows throughtout the '80s and '90s. Law and Order Special Victims Unit was not the first series she starred in. TV series' 'Tequila and Bonetti' and 'Prince Street' were both failed television shows that Mariska Hargitay starred in. She didn't hit it big until Law and Order Special Victims Unit came along and that's when Mariska really got a chance to spread her acting wings. In real life, Mariska is seen somewhat as a comedian. She's even quoted saying, "I'm more like Lucille Ball...". Her character on SVU (Olivia Benson) is almost quite the opposite. Olivia is the product of rape and takes her job very seriously as a detective in the Special Victims Unit. Hargitay's role on this series is serious and she makes us believe it every step of the way. She is able to portray a bad-ass detective fighting crime and bringing down rapists and pedophiles with her brilliant acting skills. She has made her own name for herself and isn't just 'Jayne Mansfield's daughter' anymore.
  • she is an amazing actress that deserves a lot for how amazing she is!

mariska hargitay is an amazing actress. i love her role in law and order svu. she does such a good job! i love watching her because she is so great at what she does! she is just plain amazing! i dont know what else to say about her! i am really hoping that i get to meet her one day because that would definetly be one of the coolest things in my life! i am actually watching her on law and order svu right now! ha ha ha. i think she deserves another Emmy for her acting. she is so amazing.
  • Mariska Hargitay, Seriously Underrated.

I first seen Mariska Hargitay in ER, many years ago and never really played that much attention to her, and I only knew her as Mark Greene girlfriend. She left after a couple of episodes and the show continued.

Then in 1999, a brilliant new TV show called Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (SVU), started. This was the third spin off to the original Law & Order and in my eyes a hundred times better, if not a thousand.

It was as SVU began airing and I began watching it that I noticed what an amazing actor Mariska was. She is the reason that I watch SVU (and also for Chris Meloni). She plays Olivia Benson, a child of rape. Her mother was raped and her mother decided to keep the baby and Olivia was born. She has her mothers last name as they do not know who the rapist (her father) was.

Mariska is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay. Sadly Jayne, Mariska's Mother, was killed in a car crash, when Mariska was just three years old. Her father Mickey died last winter (2006).

Mariska is not only an amazing actor, she is now an amazing wife to Peter Herrman and mother to August Herrman.

She has talent that can make you, laugh, smile, cry, make you feel her pain and lose with her and make you feel her happiness with her.

She has also been in a few movies, but my favourite movie she has been in is, Plain Truth. She plays a character completely different to Olivia Benson, which is nice to see.

To summarize I think that Mariska Hargitay is completely underrated and is an amazing woman. She is even a rape counsellor. Basically she is amazing! SO listen to me when I say go and buy all of her movies, her old ER episodes and most definitely the Law and Order: SVU Box sets!
  • Check out the review... who needs a summary, anyway? lol

Obviously, Mariska Hargitay is gorgeous, as I put under the classification. But under all that beauty, she's an amazing actress, role model, and person. She's absolutely my all time favorite actress. My most favorite thing about her is her personality. She's not fake, which is definately what I love about her the most. She brings humor to anything, and everything, and obviously loves to laugh. I also love what she's doing with the Joyful Heart Foundation, as well. It's most definately a way out for the surviving, strong women in a rape crisis. She makes them feel like they have a second chance worth fighting for, and puts a smile on each their faces---which is another thing she does best. All in all, she's an amazingly talented woman that deserves every great opportunity that comes her way. I truly love this woman.
  • she is amazing

she is a amazing actress and person. she gets so into to what she wants to do. i give her my upper most props. i am so glad she won the emmys. in the show her and elloit should so totally hook up.

i dont no wat to type now but it has to be up to 100word so the rest is random letters.
    i afdm sdf lj;jkjdsc dkfj df jdfk dmckl djkfjd sdjfkjsd fkdcmckdhfsdjfk dkdfjksckm fc mxk cnmcljm m m i u j g oo g ki g kl g k g k g k g io t j vf m u v m v j n
  • Mariska is my all time favourite actress.

She is so much more than an actress and gives so much to others. I respect Mariska for her achievements such as founding the Joyful Heart Foundation. She is a breathe of fresh air in a world which appears so artificial, she is making a difference to many lives. I first saw Mariska in SVU and have since backtracked to watch all her other screen appearances, and acting just keeps getting better and better. As Olivia she has grown the character into a woman that many look up to and wish they could be more like. Mariska is an essential cog in the wheel that is SVU!
  • i love her!!!

she is so awesome i love her so much she is the best actress on the best TV show ever:Law and Order SVU i never miss a episode! i like freak out every time her and costar chris meloni aka elliot stabler get close or touch eek im so excited i hope we get to see some of her more awesome acting this season! i pretty much have seen her in ever tv or movie she has ever been in i gotta admit i didnt liek her too uch on the 80's she was weird i would deff rather see her now =]
  • Mariska Hargitay is an extremely talent actress!

Mariska Hargitay is one of my role models. She isn't just an amazing, gorgeous actress. She has been through so much in her life. She had the strength and the will to carry on. She is such an inspiration to me as well as many others. Mariska's character Olivia Benson on Law & Order: SVU, is all about hope, courage, belief, and power. That's what her character is real life emulates as well. Mariska is the founder the Joyful Heart Foundation, which aids victims of abuse. She is also involved with other charities that are focused on helping others. She gave birth to her first son, August in 2006 and also won the 2006 Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress a Drama Series.
  • Mariska Hargitay.... Talented Actress, Advocate for victims or Rape and Sexual Abuse. Founder & President of the Joyful Heart Foundation. My Guiding Light and Inspiration to fight and be Fearless in the face of my past. Courage, Love, Hope surrounds her.

Mariska Hargitay.... When you hear this name you know you are about to see a quality performance as well as probably learning something very important. This is a lady who gives more time to what she truly believes in than any other celebrity I've heard of in a very long time.

Her aura exudes Friendship, Caring, Love, Courage, Peace, Harmony and supporter of what she believes in. More than that Mariska Hargitay is very much a Family First lady. With a husband like Peter Hermann and their son August who can blame her.

Never the less she always has time to share her talents and voice to help others and raise awareness for various causes. Autism, The More You Know, Joyful Heart Foundation to name just a few.

Mariska is a Guiding Light & support in the face of darkness and fear. Mariska maybe a celebrity but she is one genuine, gifted, talented and Caring individual. Rare in many people these days.

In brief terms: Mariska Hargitay Rocks. A True Gift from God.
  • -olivia-

obviously, most people know mariska hargitay from her most famous role as detective Olivia Benson on Law and Order: Special Victims Until. SVU really boosted her career. she's one of the cast members that has been on board since the beginning. her on screen barely there romance with detective elliot stabler pulls in viewers. I, myself, tune in cause i love the court room scene, i love to see how they can figure out who did it. Mariska recently because very famous and starting appearing in magazines and commercials. i love that with all her work, and raising a child she finds time to take a stand for self esteem and anti prejudice articles. she isnt afraid to stand up for what she knows is right and thats what i love about her. cant wait to see what she does in the future!
  • An absolutely wonderfull person

Marishka is the best actress on tv. Their is no denying that her skills as an actress and a person are far above ordinary. Her character Olivia Benson is wonderull and original. She always creates this personality with the character, making it more belivable, and real. The people she plays on tv make them seem like ordinary people you would meet on the streets. That's how good she is. She's amazing. I would like to see her get a little more fame though, u hardly ever hear anything about her, I want her to be recignized for what she does. And besides from acting, she works for charities, and other orginizations too. This all proves that she is a very amazing person. Way to go Mariska!
  • Not only is Mariska beatuful, but she is also very giving.

She is such an inspiration to many people. She is the founder and president of The Joyful Heart Foundation, which helps abuse victims. She decided to start this foundation because she would be apprached by people on the street, because of her role as Detective Olivia Benson on NBC's Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, and they tell her private information.

Mariska is the daughter of two ledgends. Her mother, who died when Mariska was only three years old, was ledgendary Jayne Mansfeild. Her father was body builder Miklos "Mickey" Hargitay.

Mariska went through a lot in 2006. She won an Emmy, and she gave birth the her first child, August. Through all of this, her father was with her. Her father, Miklos "Mickey" Hargitay passed away in September of 2006. Mariska was very close to him, but was glad that he could see his grandson.

Now splitting her time between twelve hour work days on the set of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit and leading The Joyful Heart Foundation, Mariska still finds time to spend with her husband, Peter Herman, and baby, August, who she calls her "Good Luck Charm".
  • Mariska Hargitay is my all time favorite actor.

She is amazing as an actor. She has so much talent. And she's nice and beautiful and funny too. I started liking her after I became addicted to Law and Order Special Victims Unit but it wasn't until i found out more about that I realized what an amazing person she is. I love how she started the Joyful Heart Foundation, to me, she's so caring and compassionate. I'm very happy she finally got married and started a family. She totally deserves it. And she finally won an emmy :D yes she definately deserved that too. Basicly, she's an amazing amazing person and a great role model for young girls.
  • Mariska Hargitay is a very talented actress who does an excellent job on L&O SVU & Lifetime movie.

Mariska Hargitay is one of my favorite actresses. She does an excellent job of portraying Olivia Benson. I think they should go more in depth of what happened to Olivia as a child. Mariska done a great job on the movie Lake Placid and on the Lifetime movie Plain Truth. I am really happy to see she won a grammy in 2006 for her role as Olivia Benson.
    Motherhood seems to have agreed with her as well, she seems so happy since her baby boy August was born. I am also glad she and Christopher Meloni received raises because Law & Order SVU would not be the same without either one of those two. I think the founding and work Mariska has done with the Joyful Heart Foundation makes her even more special.
  • Mariska is absolutely brilliant!

I am a huge fan of Law and Order, specifically Special Victims Unit. I love all the characters in it, but my favorite of all time is Mariska Hargitay. She is absolutely gorgeous, and so is her husband and baby! And did I mention, she is VERY talented? I do not even feel as if I'm watching a TV show when I'm watching her act. She makes it very real! I would love to see her perform in more things, movies, etc. I think she is a role model because she is not only beautiful, she is smart and sincere.
< 1 2 3