Mariska Hargitay

Mariska Hargitay Fan Reviews (68)

• Overrated is a kind word.

Mariska Hargitay is one of the most overrrated actresses I have ever seen. Her character is the most overrtaed I've seen of any Law and Order series. I think that she isn't as good as Christopher Merloni and she gets too much attention unfairly overshadowing him. Her character in the series is really wooden and she acts like she is hot stuff. I just can't stand her character as it is unfair for her to get all the attention when most of the others are clearly better actors. I think the media has fallen in love with her, for some reason I will NEVER know. Either way, I compare her to Tom Green, Kim Kardashian, and Paris Hilton in terms of acting ability. Thank you.
  • GOOD for You

Best of luck in your future endeavours Mariska.

pinkpanther1
  • AMAZING!!!:)

Mariska Hargitay is one of the best actresses ever. I watch Law and Order SVU as often as possible. I love crime shows, and have one favorite on each show... NCIS- Cote de Pablo, Criminal Minds- Paget Brewster etc.) She is a beautiful person inside and out. The character she plays on SVU gives me hope and faith that the situations I go through can be manageable. Her son August is absolutely adorable! Mariska could definately have her own show. She is very popular already, but I still think that people don't see all of her talent. Mariska Hargitay is amazing!!!
  • -olivia-

obviously, most people know mariska hargitay from her most famous role as detective Olivia Benson on Law and Order: Special Victims Until. SVU really boosted her career. she's one of the cast members that has been on board since the beginning. her on screen barely there romance with detective elliot stabler pulls in viewers. I, myself, tune in cause i love the court room scene, i love to see how they can figure out who did it. Mariska recently because very famous and starting appearing in magazines and commercials. i love that with all her work, and raising a child she finds time to take a stand for self esteem and anti prejudice articles. she isnt afraid to stand up for what she knows is right and thats what i love about her. cant wait to see what she does in the future!
  • From ER to Law and Order: SVU, I think Mariska has carried on the legacy of her late mother, Jayne Mansfield proudly. She now has a well-deserved Emmy on her mantle to prove it! The no-nonsense Olivia is a FAR cry from ER's demure Cynthia.

Now that Mariska is back from maternity leave, I look forward to seeing how her character of Olivia will evolve after being away from her partner for awhile. The "I would give you one on my kidneys" line from a recent episode shows that absence DOES make the heart grown fonder! :)
  • She is the best actress on primetime television. She knows how to hold her own and creates Olivia Benson as a multi-dimensional character. You really get to know her as you watch the show. You sometimes sympathizes the stuff she has to put up with.

I think she is now getting her props. She is not only been on the People's list of Beautiful People and is now nominated for an Emmy. It is about time. I look to her as the greatest character on the male-dominated show and field. SHe is the best. Mariska is the best!!
  • I LOVE U <3

I love u because it so amazing and I think that up got a. Big heart with all the kids
  • An amazing actress!

"Detective Olivia Benson" is a great actress. I've loved watching her character develop from the start of the show until now. It's a credit to the writers, of course, but also to Ms. Hargitay's incredible acting abilities. She covers every nuance with amazing grace, beauty, talent, and stamina. I've also read about her in various women's magazines, especially after she had her baby, and she seems like a really cool person in real life as well. (Too often people mistake a person's role for who they are in real life when, in actuality, they may be nothing alike.) Ms. Hargitay says being a mom is her favorite role. Well, if she's as great a mother as she is an actress. then her child is one lucky kid.
  • Mariska rules Law and Order: SVU. No more need be said.

I was never a Law and Order fan until I saw Mariska Hargitay in Law and Order: SVU. Without her, it would be a good show. But with her, it's an excellent show. And the few episodes that are Benson-free, I never find them half as entertaining as other episodes. I think an Olivia Benson spin-off is in order for the future.
  • Mariska Hargitay is a very talented actress who does an excellent job on L&O SVU & Lifetime movie.

Mariska Hargitay is one of my favorite actresses. She does an excellent job of portraying Olivia Benson. I think they should go more in depth of what happened to Olivia as a child. Mariska done a great job on the movie Lake Placid and on the Lifetime movie Plain Truth. I am really happy to see she won a grammy in 2006 for her role as Olivia Benson.
    Motherhood seems to have agreed with her as well, she seems so happy since her baby boy August was born. I am also glad she and Christopher Meloni received raises because Law & Order SVU would not be the same without either one of those two. I think the founding and work Mariska has done with the Joyful Heart Foundation makes her even more special.
  • Mariska is a crazy actress! She acts is mostly dramas.

Mariska is an awesome actress! And that was proven by her winning an Emmy for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series. On Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, she shows special chemistry with the other actors/actresses. She really knows how to do her job. I would definately like to see more of Mariska Hargitay other than her current role which she is doing an excellent job with that. Not many people take the chance to acknolwedge a wonderful actress like Mariska. She is very strong going through a pregnancy and the death of her father at the same time. Mariska, we love you!
  • This show wouldn't be nearly as good without her.

When I watch SVU i take it for granted that she will be in every episode but there are some she is barely in and I find that it is harder to watch without Mariska. She adds works so well with Chris Meloni that i can't imagine the show without her. My mom once said that Mariska really does a good job in SVU and she's her favorite and after I thought about i agreed with her. Because although Chris is good in SVU Olivia is also good and both need to be in the show for it to be really good. I just can't imagine SVU without Mariska.
  • Law & Order: SVU

Mariska you are doing a great jove. You have gone from ordinary detective to Lt. I think you are really good for this role.

Thank you and I hope to see more of your on Law & Order: SVU
  • Beautiful and talented

Mariska is a great actress and an admirable human being. Add to this an extraordinary beauty, the result of a privileged genetics. And I most admire in Mariska is its simplicity, humility and authenticity. All coming from this woman's is true, genuine.
  • Great actress.

Alittle overated.Gets too many emmy noms.
  • One of the most beautiful women on TV!!!

Mariska Hargitay is my one of my favorite actors in the world! She is a beautiful woman, and should DEFINATELY be a little more recognized.

Mariska plays Olivia Benson on SVU. She does an EXCELLENT hob at it, too. Mariska is definatly a good role model, just from doing this role on TV. She has shown that you can be a beautiful woman, and still kick some a$$. Mariska is the founder of the 'Joyful Heart Foundation'. I think that it is wonderful that she has started up something for rape/assult/abuse victims, and that she has learnt something from SVU.

Mariska is a beautiful woman. I hope she gets a little more recognized for her work, because she really deserves it.

10/10!!
  • amazing actor

Mariska is a awesome actor, was bad enough when Christopher left the show, but now that Mariska is leaving it as well, I have alread stopped watching it, very sad, they were amazing together and a real joy to watch, not mention the sex appeal of both, WOW, good luck hope you guys find another primetime network weekly show would be great to see you together again

• Mariska Hargitay is such a wonderful actress.

Mariska Hargitay is such a wonderful actress. The main reason I watch Law and Order SVU is because she is in it. Her acting is top of the notch stuff. When she cries I want to cry as well. Her crying actual seems real and not fake like a lot of other actresses. I think she is very beautiful. I have seen articles about her in magazine and she sounds like a really great person. I'm surprised that she isn't in more movies because she is so great at what she does. She is such a role motel for young girls and so is her character Olivia. I have watched SVU for years now and I was pretty young when I started to watch it. I look up to her now and realize that woman in the media should be more like her.
  • Mariska Hargitay:Brilliant Actress

The first time I ever saw Mariska act she was on Falcon Crest, I was 14 and my mother told me all about Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay.I found it all fascinating but kinda didn't think about it anymore.Then i saw where Mariska was going to be in a new show called Law and Order:Special Victims Unit in 1999 well to be honest I didn't think the show would be for me.When I would see an interview with Mariska I would read it or watch it very casually but I would never watch the show.Then in August 2002 I was bored one Friday night and decided to watch a rerun on NBC.Let's just say I never stopped,this show and this actress is addictive.I told my mother the next day that Mariska had turned into the most talented and beautiful actress and how amazing her work on this show was.I have been a fan every since.She is one of the absolute best.
  • The greatest actress of her time!

Mariska Hargitay is an amzing actress, and a phenomenal person. She strives to not just be remembered for her acting, but for the good she does on and off the screen. For the one person who said she was over rated, you are dead wrong. She does everything NOT to be over rated. Comparing her to Paris Hilton is like comparing a rock to a computer. Complete and total oppisites. She participates in charities and tries her best to help people. She also does amazing acting, and her character, Olivia Benson, is very believable and almost as awesome as Mariska. No matter what idiots say, we will always be her fans.
  • benson! duh.

1/2 of the benson/stabler duo. honestly, where the heck would svu be without them? svu = my favourite. i used to sneak downstairs to watch this too [as well as ER] as a kid, and hide behind the sofa. i honestly grew up with l&o - its been around as long as i have, and this spin off is the best. maybe even better than the original? i think she puts so much into bensons character, no one else could possibly pull it off. she's wonderful, and extremely talented. i hope the reports of her ailing health are untrue - or, at least, not as bad as they're made out to be. idk if l&o: svu could survive without her.
  • Such an amazing person.

Mariska Hargitay is absolutely amazing. She is brilliant as Olivia Benson on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. I saw her as Cynthia on ER before that, and the two characters are polar opposites, but she plays them both remarkably well. That just shows how great of an actress she truly is. The fact that she founded the Joyful Heart Foundation amazes me even more, knowing that she cares so much about people and is willing to put her effort into helping others. I really admire her and view her as a role model.

Mariska is truly a remarkable woman, through and through.
  • Mariska Harigtay is just simply brilliant She is just beautiful inside and out. She helps with rape victims on and off the show, which i found so incrediable nice. She is just an amazing actress and deserves another Emmy for her preformace in Undercover.

I started watching Law and Order SVU because of Mariska she is such a talented actress. I have now followed her career for about 2 years now. I have seen every movie she has been in. I just love the movie Plain Truth. She is a devoted wife and Mother to a very cute son named August. I would give just about anything to meet her. I love the fact that she deals with rape victims on and off the show. There are not many actress who would take their work one step farther. She deserves another Emmy Award for her perfomace in UNDERCOVER. i was on the edge of my seat all night long!!
  • While she was raised in the spotlight, I don't believe it ever really affected her. She is a first-rate actor and I enjoy watching her.

Mariska Hargitay is one of America's finest actors since Claudette Colbert. I would love to see her on the big screen someday. I enjoy watching her on Law and Order and think she does well in her role as Olivia. She comes across as someone who really cares about her 'co-workers' and sends the message that she will not take any guff from anyone. Mariska was lucky enough to have parents who could really act and taught her well. It's too bad she didn't get to know her mother better. She missed out on so much because of the loss.
  • Amazing actress + person!!!

I love Mariska Hargitay! ... she is amazing on SVU! She is so great at capturing the character of Olivia Benson.

I think she is so admirable for starting the Joyful Heart Foundation and giving back, because of how starring in SVU affected her. She helps victims to stay strong and get through the trauma they experienced. She brings Olivia Benson to life in a different sense, although she isn't out there busting "perps", she is still helping the victims each and every day with the Joyful Heart Foundation. She is a wonderful role model, and stays humble, even with all the fame.
  • Mariska Hargitay is a wonderful actress who has worked her way up from low-budgeted horror films to starring in a high-rated series on NBC.

Mariska Hargitay, making $400,000 an episode for her work on Law and Order Special Victims Unit, is one of the top female earners on television. She is a highly respected actress not just for her series, but also because of the charity she runs known as 'The Joyful Heart Foundation', that helps rape victims. Mariska truly cares for these people and her foundation has helped thousands of rape victims. Her mother is famed blond bombshell Jayne Mansfield (killed in a 1967 car crash, Mariska was in the backseat asleep) and her father is one time Mr. Universe, Mickey Hargitay (died of multiple myeloma Sept. 14th, 2006). As an actress her first film was 'The Ghoulies' when she was 21. She went from there to other teen flicks made-for-tv movies, and guest-starring on various television shows throughtout the '80s and '90s. Law and Order Special Victims Unit was not the first series she starred in. TV series' 'Tequila and Bonetti' and 'Prince Street' were both failed television shows that Mariska Hargitay starred in. She didn't hit it big until Law and Order Special Victims Unit came along and that's when Mariska really got a chance to spread her acting wings. In real life, Mariska is seen somewhat as a comedian. She's even quoted saying, "I'm more like Lucille Ball...". Her character on SVU (Olivia Benson) is almost quite the opposite. Olivia is the product of rape and takes her job very seriously as a detective in the Special Victims Unit. Hargitay's role on this series is serious and she makes us believe it every step of the way. She is able to portray a bad-ass detective fighting crime and bringing down rapists and pedophiles with her brilliant acting skills. She has made her own name for herself and isn't just 'Jayne Mansfield's daughter' anymore.
  • she is an amazing actress that deserves a lot for how amazing she is!

mariska hargitay is an amazing actress. i love her role in law and order svu. she does such a good job! i love watching her because she is so great at what she does! she is just plain amazing! i dont know what else to say about her! i am really hoping that i get to meet her one day because that would definetly be one of the coolest things in my life! i am actually watching her on law and order svu right now! ha ha ha. i think she deserves another Emmy for her acting. she is so amazing.
  • Mariska Hargitay, Seriously Underrated.

I first seen Mariska Hargitay in ER, many years ago and never really played that much attention to her, and I only knew her as Mark Greene girlfriend. She left after a couple of episodes and the show continued.

Then in 1999, a brilliant new TV show called Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (SVU), started. This was the third spin off to the original Law & Order and in my eyes a hundred times better, if not a thousand.

It was as SVU began airing and I began watching it that I noticed what an amazing actor Mariska was. She is the reason that I watch SVU (and also for Chris Meloni). She plays Olivia Benson, a child of rape. Her mother was raped and her mother decided to keep the baby and Olivia was born. She has her mothers last name as they do not know who the rapist (her father) was.

Mariska is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay. Sadly Jayne, Mariska's Mother, was killed in a car crash, when Mariska was just three years old. Her father Mickey died last winter (2006).

Mariska is not only an amazing actor, she is now an amazing wife to Peter Herrman and mother to August Herrman.

She has talent that can make you, laugh, smile, cry, make you feel her pain and lose with her and make you feel her happiness with her.

She has also been in a few movies, but my favourite movie she has been in is, Plain Truth. She plays a character completely different to Olivia Benson, which is nice to see.

To summarize I think that Mariska Hargitay is completely underrated and is an amazing woman. She is even a rape counsellor. Basically she is amazing! SO listen to me when I say go and buy all of her movies, her old ER episodes and most definitely the Law and Order: SVU Box sets!
  • Check out the review... who needs a summary, anyway? lol

Obviously, Mariska Hargitay is gorgeous, as I put under the classification. But under all that beauty, she's an amazing actress, role model, and person. She's absolutely my all time favorite actress. My most favorite thing about her is her personality. She's not fake, which is definately what I love about her the most. She brings humor to anything, and everything, and obviously loves to laugh. I also love what she's doing with the Joyful Heart Foundation, as well. It's most definately a way out for the surviving, strong women in a rape crisis. She makes them feel like they have a second chance worth fighting for, and puts a smile on each their faces---which is another thing she does best. All in all, she's an amazingly talented woman that deserves every great opportunity that comes her way. I truly love this woman.
  • she is amazing

she is a amazing actress and person. she gets so into to what she wants to do. i give her my upper most props. i am so glad she won the emmys. in the show her and elloit should so totally hook up.

i dont no wat to type now but it has to be up to 100word so the rest is random letters.
    i afdm sdf lj;jkjdsc dkfj df jdfk dmckl djkfjd sdjfkjsd fkdcmckdhfsdjfk dkdfjksckm fc mxk cnmcljm m m i u j g oo g ki g kl g k g k g k g io t j vf m u v m v j n
< 1 2 3