Mariska Hargitay

Mariska Hargitay Fan Reviews (68)

• This is one of the most amazing women of all time. She is living up well to her mmother's name.

Mariska Hargitay is just the perfect woman. She is extremely smart and funny. She is obviously gorgeous. She is fluemt in four languages: English, Hungarian, French, and Italian. She says she fakes her way through a lot of it. She is extremly dedicated to her roles. She researched for her part as Olivia Benson on Law and Order SVU. She went through 40 hours of training to become a real rape councilor. She has inspired so many women and has enjoyed and cherished every minute of it. She is so greatful to be able to comfort and help these people through such a dark stage in their life's. She co-founded a foundation for raped and sexual abused women and children called the Joyful Heart Foundation. Every summer she takes some of the members of the Joyful Heart Foundation go to the Bahamas to swim with dolphins as a reconnecting and spiritual therapy for them. Mariska is an excellent woman adn I think every women wants to be her. She never gives up and she also shows rape vidtims as well as America that no matter how hard the battle you can always make it.
    God Bless you Mariska Hargitay.
  • This woman is unbelievably talented!

Mariska Hargitay is one of the primary reasons behind the success of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Her hard-hitting role as Olivia Benson is not only believable but magnetic - drawing viewers in to the hit series in greater and greater numbers. The 2004 Golden Globe Award was entirely deserving. Now, let's just hope the Emmy voters give credit where credit is due as well.
  • Mariska Hargitay is definately the lead behind Law and Order: SVU.....

Mariska Hargitay is definately the lead behind Law and Order: SVU. She seems able to help anyone out of anything. She can be calm and helpful when you need it and ready to kill the perps if they deserve it. She can calm down the victims. I feel sorry for the losses she has endured on the show with losing her mom, encountering a rapist who knew about her mom, trying to deal with the hard cases.....
    I need her courage as well as the fluency with Spanish ((even if it's a script)(LOL)). She can definately say that she was a lead role on SVU because she is perfect for the hardedge/softedge, razor/feather, night/day different for the circumstances detective.
  • One of the best actresses on TV. She should have three emmys by now.

She is the only reason I watch SVU. The academy needs to wake up at give her the recognition she deserves. She is beautiful and talented. A rare combination these days.I Hope there is more good things to come for her. She makes the show for me every week. period.
  • She is the best actress on primetime television. She knows how to hold her own and creates Olivia Benson as a multi-dimensional character. You really get to know her as you watch the show. You sometimes sympathizes the stuff she has to put up with.

I think she is now getting her props. She is not only been on the People's list of Beautiful People and is now nominated for an Emmy. It is about time. I look to her as the greatest character on the male-dominated show and field. SHe is the best. Mariska is the best!!
  • I have a new religion: Mariskaism! Basically it's me worshipping you, Queen Mariska, Goddess of my days and nights!

Why did it take me so long to turn on to SVU? I should have been watching all along. This lady has it all. Who could resist a lady who is sexy, tough, compassionate and savvy all in one? It's hard to believe it took Ms. Hargitay this long to get a starring role in a TV show. May she never disappear from my TV screen for the remaining days of my life!

I hope that Ms. Hargitay will soon get her own starring role in a big-screen movie, and her own comedy show. I can see that she can make anybody laugh, and I think she wants to be able to flash that smile more than she can on SVU. Can Lloyds of London insure her smile? It would be worth at least $20 million!

I love you, Mariska!
  • She is the coolest dresser ever she should have her own clothing line and also she needs to be used more used because that girl can act she should be an actress forever.

Mariska Hargitay has the coolest outfits on tv and off of tv.she should have her own clothing line .I know that I would but some cloths like hers.Like the one where she had to look for a girl in a club type thing and her hair was awsome but her cloths were all that, they always are.Now for the underused thing she isn't in the show enogh because she is the best actress ever and she has a wonderful point of view she gives the character alot of life.Her and Christopher meloni are great actors but I don't think that they should hook up on the show it would be to weird if that did happen and he doesn't look like the type of person that she would hook up with on the show.But she is the bomb on the show.Watching this show made me like law stuff.Mariska you are the coolest ever.
  • Mariska rules Law and Order: SVU. No more need be said.

I was never a Law and Order fan until I saw Mariska Hargitay in Law and Order: SVU. Without her, it would be a good show. But with her, it's an excellent show. And the few episodes that are Benson-free, I never find them half as entertaining as other episodes. I think an Olivia Benson spin-off is in order for the future.
  • From her good looks to her brilliant acting, Mariska has it all.

I’m serious. Mariska has got it made. She is gorgeous, she has a handsome husband, a loving dad, and she has talent. I definitely give Mariska two thumbs up all the way. I want to see more of her this year. This is her year and no one elses. It’s her time to shine. (By the way, Who cares if she didn't win the Emmy, the third time's a charm!)
  • Everyone's favourite detective. Finally a strong female lead, who is renowed for her subtlety, but yet can deliver power house performances.

She has the ability to become the character and involve the audience to actually believe her performance and react of her actions. Quite a feat for a television actor, and a very deserving nominee and winner of multiple critically aclaimed awards.

She is the one actor, who is the relation of a famous Hollywood actress, who has not milked her family connections. She has earned her position through talent.

Mariska is destined to be even bigger than she already is, she has the chameleon ability to potray any character.
  • Mariska Hargitay plays one of the most compelling female cops in television history. Her portrayal of Detective Olivia Benson does everything an actress is supposed to do. She makes you feel for the character and it really shows us that she should have wo

One of the brightest television stars. The fact that her character is the primary focus of the show, shows that dick wolf and the producers of the show have all the faith in her. She is my favorite television actress right now and my favorite female cop on all crime related shows I watch.
  • You love her and feel sorry for her all at the same time.

You love her and feel sorry for her all at the same time. Mariska has so many talents there are really no good words to describe what she can do. First of all her character in L&O SVU is incredible. She can bring tears to your eyes by how she plays her characters. She makes you believe she feels what is written for her character. You want to jump through the TV and give her a hug and tell her it is all gonna be okay. You find yourself cheering for her. She makes you believe in every situation she is in. A real professional.
  • I love her, she is such a great actress, she also shows that you can be pretty and smart.

I love her, she is such a great actress, she also shows that you can be pretty and smart. I love svu and how cool it is. Lots of my friends don't understand how watching this show helps you stay safe, so I am glad I get it, it is a great show and Mariska is a great actress and should get the recognition she deserves.
  • mariska hargitay is the BOMB she rock\'s ....shes complettly amazng im so happy she\'s goign to be a mom she desevers it!!!!

seh rocks thats all their is to it she rock\'s..umm yeah and i ..i dont knwo what to say just that she\'s the best gosh dang actress iv ever wached on tv!!!! and i hope to see her in more tv shows ....in fact she said she sheduled a apperance on ellen here go to her site in her fan questioin area www.mariska.com
  • How could you not Love her???

Mariska Hargitay is one of the most wonderful actresses in Prime time television. She is extremely talented...and I think that she really helps women identify with there inner strength..because if she can make in a man filled occupation then any woman can...her character in Law and Order has definatly evolved since starting on the show...and although she plays an extremely strong person she also shows her emtions and is feminine. Over all she is an inspiration and proves that no matter how hard the situation anything can be accomplished, and 90% of the time there is a solution to the problem if you just look hard enough
  • Mariska Is One Of The Best Actresses On TV Today!

Talented, Gorgeous, And Most Of All Compassionate, Mariska Is One Of My Favorite Actresses. The Way She Portrays Olivia Benson On SVU Is So Impressive! She Also Has A Great Heart. Her Site Is Very Insperational! Cheers To Mariska For Being An Amazing Actress And A High-Quality Example Of What An Excellent Person Is!
  • One of the most talented and beautiful actresses ever!

One of the most talented actresses ever! Shes not like most actresses today that are completly plastic and a snobby. Shes 42 years old and one of the more beautiful people in hollywood and she seems like the type of person that you could just hang out with her and you would never know shes a celeberty. She has to try to over come her mothers legicy as being a \"sex symbel\" and she certinlly has, although she probally could be one if she tried hard enough to. Shes a kind hearted women, and a great actress. Shes been through so much and shes still helps others so much.
  • She's absolutely wonderful!

Mariska Hargitay is the reason that I watch SVU! She\\\'s the most interesting to watch, because out of all of the other actors and actresses on the show, she is the one who is able to pull off a full range of emotions. I think so many people can relate to/love watching her character mainly because it doesn\\\'t seem fake when Olivia cries on the show. Many people can relate to that. And to top it all off, Mariska is so beautiful, and she started a foundation that helps victims of sexual assault.

I hope she stays around for awhile!
  • Talented and beautiful!

Very talented and beautiful. After playing mainly supporting roles from Falcon Crest to ER, she got the biggest break in playing Detective Benson in Law & Order SVU as also not just playing tough but also playing sympathetic and knows how to deal with people.
    I will miss her for the first few episodes when she leaves to give birth to her son. But I know that she will be back!
  • She is beutiful and realy talented!

Mariska Hargitay is one of the most talented people in hollywood now. She is talented and beutiful. She is one of the only reasons why i watch Law & Order now. I think that she is really gorgous for her age of 42 and she is definitally better than most actresses in hollywood now. She is really talented i mean she seems like one of those laid back type of people she seems like the type of person you can talk to and hang out with and just have tons of fun with them. I think that she is one of few actresses that are real and cool. She would be really cool to hang out with (it seems like it).
  • "Best Thing Since Namco Created Jun Kazama in 1996" A charming actor with a website drawing of her with a badge clipped to her belt (better watch out--she'll take you down to the station if you tick her off). I've said this many times: Mariska Harg

"The Best Thing since Namco Created Jun Kazama in 1996"

MY SCORE: 9
    There are certain songs that remind me of Mariska, ranging from "Carnival Town" by Norah Jones to Nina Williams' stage theme (original arcade theme) from Tekken 2, basically the percussion solo part, and Nina's arranged theme (PlayStation) from the popular fighting series created by Namco (Tekken in 1994 (1995 on PlayStation), Tekken 2 in 1995 (1996 on PlayStation). This is one of the types of actors that will not let you down, and Mariska Hargitay is no exception.

But there was this funny story I had in February of this year. As I was trying to rewrite the words "Jun Kazama" in my journal while watching TV with my little brother, I could hear "Silent Assassin-cool headed mix" in my head, and I was ultimately forced to write a little about Mariska, but my hands hurt after playing Ridge Racer 64 (stage 6, reversed tracks) and losing to a light-blue car. Then Spring Break rolled around, and I was at my father's house with fast-access DSL and typed "Mariska Hargitay" in the Google search box (I STILL have it up there now!)

MARISKA HARGITAY: LOOKS/ON-SCREEN = MY SCORE: 40/41
    She may be prettier than Glenn Close or Meryl Streep, but when she's on L&O: SVU, she means business. I had to dock a point because she looks 45. In my R.A.C.E.R. 41 series, I have a character loosely based off the life of both Mariska and Olivia: Wendie Phoenix (and my answer to Nina Williams from Tekken, but without the flashy clothes and assassin with the aikido-fighting stile, but I gave Wendie a purple coat--and she's a detective!). I might have caught Mariska Fever like many L&O: SVU fans watching her show on NBC and USA just as I'm writing this. Maybe Mariska Hargitay is one of the main reasons why everyone flocks over to L&O: SVU after American Idol is done (sorry, Ryan).

MARISKA HARGITAY: "OLIVIA BENSON" ANALYSIS = MY SCORE: 41/41 "PERFECT!"
    What can I say? I'm speechless. Listening to Nina's arcade theme in Tekken 2 will not get over the feeling I get watching Olivia crack cases every night on SVU. I believe that Olivia helps women feel a lot stronger, including the reviewer myself. As the author of this review, I feel stronger as I'm watching SVU and get some ideas for upcoming stories, since I aspire to become a well-known writer of fictional stories for teenagers and young adults. And if Jun Kazama is ever kidnapped or murdered in New York, it'll always be up to Det. Olivia Benson (yup, that's you, Mariska, you foxy detective, you!) to solve the case and arrest her murderer (like that'll ever happen, since Jun Kazama was created by Namco in conjunction with the Tekken series back in 1994 (Jun Kazama broke out in '95)) If I compared Olivia to WWWC officer Jun Kazama, Olivia would win hands down. Whether the villain in SVU looks like someone ranging from Chester Bennington to Bam Margera, Olivia will always have her hands full arresting the person responsible for a kidnapping or a murder.

MARISKA HARGITAY: DURABILITY/FAN BASE = MY SCORE: 41/41 "PERFECT!"
    There IS nothing to say! I'm about to have a tear come out of my eye. Mariska Hargitay is in one word, "saiko". (That's the Japanese word for awesome, BTW.) Just look at all the Yahoo! and MySpace groups (even LiveJournal) about Mariska, and you'll find a lot, even fan-made YouTube videos! Mariska is just saiko (Japanese word for "awesome"). My advice: Watch SVU. You could learn a thing or two from Olivia. 'Nuff said. But one has to wonder if there are Japanese fans of Mariska Hargitay or L&O SVU? Only time will tell. Just keep going west, Mariska.
  • Mariska Hargitay is beautiful & a talented actress.

Mariska Hargitay portrays Detective Olivia Benson. She is very beautiful, talented and overall an outstanding lead actress for the show. I think her character is a good strong role model for all women out there, never giving up without a fight and standing up for what she believes in. I think that she is really gorgeous for her age. She is just an amazing actress!
  • This show wouldn't be nearly as good without her.

When I watch SVU i take it for granted that she will be in every episode but there are some she is barely in and I find that it is harder to watch without Mariska. She adds works so well with Chris Meloni that i can't imagine the show without her. My mom once said that Mariska really does a good job in SVU and she's her favorite and after I thought about i agreed with her. Because although Chris is good in SVU Olivia is also good and both need to be in the show for it to be really good. I just can't imagine SVU without Mariska.
  • She is my favorite person off of all the Law and Orders!

She is my favorite person off of all the Law and Orders!
    If she was not on Law and Order Special Victims Unit it would not be the same it would be boring and a horrible show she is my favorite off of Law and order she is the best the best my favorite person my favorite favorite! I love her and i can't belevie that she had at baby! well do not no what else to say so bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye!
  • Mariska Hargitay Rox

Mariska Hargitay is like the best actress ever!!Shes a rolemodel to lotz of ppl...ME!!And she is 42 and looks sooooooo pretty and shes really funny I mean if you have watched her on the t.v show "The Veiw" with co-star Chris Meloni you would never be able to take them two seriously again they are really funny and seem like great people to hang out with but like I was saying...she must be really really really good actress cause on The Veiw she is like a kid!!!But you gotta love her!!And she just had a baby like June 28th and look at her....shes still prettier than like anyone!!!
  • Mariska Hargitay is not only beautiful AND talented, she is giving and selfless too!

Mariska Hargitay is my favourite actress because she went above and beyond the role of Det. Olivia Benson on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. She started "Joyful Heart Foundation" (JHF) for the survivors of sexual assault to heal using dolphin-human therapy. Not only has she started her own foundation, she speaks out for the survivors of sexual assault everywhere, and is on many boards and committees. As to her talent in acting, she is a great actress in the way that L&O:SVU would not be the same without her. She is amazing in her roles and has won a Golden Globe and has nominated for many different awards numerous times. She is passionate and caring as Det. Olivia Benson and is passionate and caring in real life as well. I think Mariska Hargitay is an amazing actress and person, which is why she's my personal favourite!
  • She's the best ! my favorite actress !!! and an inspiration for me !!!!!!!

She\\\'s awesome! I enjoy the show and inspires me to go into criminology...I plan to study in a lab for computers under the influence of police and detectives. I encourage her to continue and to never leave the show.From a scale of 1-10 I would rate a \\\" 11 \\\" haha..I don\\\'t miss a day or night. I\\\'ll even watch some repeat shows just because they\\\'re so good and yet you can learn a lot from the Law & Order show. She\\\'s very beautiful and talented. She\\\'s of course a great actress and can perform well. I love everything about her !
  • Mariska is a crazy actress! She acts is mostly dramas.

Mariska is an awesome actress! And that was proven by her winning an Emmy for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series. On Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, she shows special chemistry with the other actors/actresses. She really knows how to do her job. I would definately like to see more of Mariska Hargitay other than her current role which she is doing an excellent job with that. Not many people take the chance to acknolwedge a wonderful actress like Mariska. She is very strong going through a pregnancy and the death of her father at the same time. Mariska, we love you!
  • She is well known as Olivia Benson in Law and Order:SVU.

Mariska Hargitay, is not olny an amazing actress but she is also an amazing person. She is someone I look up to not only as a fan, a young adult, an acterss but also someone who as inspired me not only through my own acting but as a women and she is someone I have great respect for. She is not only a role model for women every were, she is a person who can change someone's life through her acting on SVU and being the wonderful person that she is. Even though I have not met her she is someone who has a big heart and is so selfless and I would be honoured to meet her and it would be an even bigger honour to be able to work with her. She makes me want to be a better person and a better actress.I look up to her for that and everything that she has done. I know that she has help shaped the person I am today and the person that I will be in the future. I am proud she say that she is one of the many who have inspired me to act and to be a better person. If I can be half the person and actress she is today I know that I have achived two of the most important goals in my life. She helps me see that there are many things in life to look foward to, and she as made me feel better as a women as well. Keep up the good work!!
  • Hi Mariska Hargitay you are one of my Favorite actress in law & order. Why did you leave? I think you and detective Christopher Meloni make a good team. Please come back! I don't think detective Casey Novak can handle your job.I hope you come back to

Hi Mariska Hargitay you are one of my Favorite actress in law & order. Why did you leave? I think you and detective Christopher Meloni make a good team. Please come back! I don\'t think detective Casey Novak can handle your job. For the past two weeks Dani Beck has been in your place. But i think you should be there with detective Elliot Stabler. I have eveyone watching the show and everyone loves you and detective Elliot Stabler together. I along with a lot of my family want you to come back to law & order. See you soon.
< 1 2 3