Mariska Hargitay

Mariska Hargitay Fan Reviews (68)

• Amazing actress + person!!!

I love Mariska Hargitay! ... she is amazing on SVU! She is so great at capturing the character of Olivia Benson.

I think she is so admirable for starting the Joyful Heart Foundation and giving back, because of how starring in SVU affected her. She helps victims to stay strong and get through the trauma they experienced. She brings Olivia Benson to life in a different sense, although she isn't out there busting "perps", she is still helping the victims each and every day with the Joyful Heart Foundation. She is a wonderful role model, and stays humble, even with all the fame.
  • One of the most beautiful women on TV!!!

Mariska Hargitay is my one of my favorite actors in the world! She is a beautiful woman, and should DEFINATELY be a little more recognized.

Mariska plays Olivia Benson on SVU. She does an EXCELLENT hob at it, too. Mariska is definatly a good role model, just from doing this role on TV. She has shown that you can be a beautiful woman, and still kick some a$$. Mariska is the founder of the 'Joyful Heart Foundation'. I think that it is wonderful that she has started up something for rape/assult/abuse victims, and that she has learnt something from SVU.

Mariska is a beautiful woman. I hope she gets a little more recognized for her work, because she really deserves it.

10/10!!
  • Such an amazing person.

Mariska Hargitay is absolutely amazing. She is brilliant as Olivia Benson on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. I saw her as Cynthia on ER before that, and the two characters are polar opposites, but she plays them both remarkably well. That just shows how great of an actress she truly is. The fact that she founded the Joyful Heart Foundation amazes me even more, knowing that she cares so much about people and is willing to put her effort into helping others. I really admire her and view her as a role model.

Mariska is truly a remarkable woman, through and through.
  • Mariska Harigtay is just simply brilliant She is just beautiful inside and out. She helps with rape victims on and off the show, which i found so incrediable nice. She is just an amazing actress and deserves another Emmy for her preformace in Undercover.

I started watching Law and Order SVU because of Mariska she is such a talented actress. I have now followed her career for about 2 years now. I have seen every movie she has been in. I just love the movie Plain Truth. She is a devoted wife and Mother to a very cute son named August. I would give just about anything to meet her. I love the fact that she deals with rape victims on and off the show. There are not many actress who would take their work one step farther. She deserves another Emmy Award for her perfomace in UNDERCOVER. i was on the edge of my seat all night long!!
  • While she was raised in the spotlight, I don't believe it ever really affected her. She is a first-rate actor and I enjoy watching her.

Mariska Hargitay is one of America's finest actors since Claudette Colbert. I would love to see her on the big screen someday. I enjoy watching her on Law and Order and think she does well in her role as Olivia. She comes across as someone who really cares about her 'co-workers' and sends the message that she will not take any guff from anyone. Mariska was lucky enough to have parents who could really act and taught her well. It's too bad she didn't get to know her mother better. She missed out on so much because of the loss.
  • Mariska Hargitay is a wonderful actress who has worked her way up from low-budgeted horror films to starring in a high-rated series on NBC.

Mariska Hargitay, making $400,000 an episode for her work on Law and Order Special Victims Unit, is one of the top female earners on television. She is a highly respected actress not just for her series, but also because of the charity she runs known as 'The Joyful Heart Foundation', that helps rape victims. Mariska truly cares for these people and her foundation has helped thousands of rape victims. Her mother is famed blond bombshell Jayne Mansfield (killed in a 1967 car crash, Mariska was in the backseat asleep) and her father is one time Mr. Universe, Mickey Hargitay (died of multiple myeloma Sept. 14th, 2006). As an actress her first film was 'The Ghoulies' when she was 21. She went from there to other teen flicks made-for-tv movies, and guest-starring on various television shows throughtout the '80s and '90s. Law and Order Special Victims Unit was not the first series she starred in. TV series' 'Tequila and Bonetti' and 'Prince Street' were both failed television shows that Mariska Hargitay starred in. She didn't hit it big until Law and Order Special Victims Unit came along and that's when Mariska really got a chance to spread her acting wings. In real life, Mariska is seen somewhat as a comedian. She's even quoted saying, "I'm more like Lucille Ball...". Her character on SVU (Olivia Benson) is almost quite the opposite. Olivia is the product of rape and takes her job very seriously as a detective in the Special Victims Unit. Hargitay's role on this series is serious and she makes us believe it every step of the way. She is able to portray a bad-ass detective fighting crime and bringing down rapists and pedophiles with her brilliant acting skills. She has made her own name for herself and isn't just 'Jayne Mansfield's daughter' anymore.
  • she is an amazing actress that deserves a lot for how amazing she is!

mariska hargitay is an amazing actress. i love her role in law and order svu. she does such a good job! i love watching her because she is so great at what she does! she is just plain amazing! i dont know what else to say about her! i am really hoping that i get to meet her one day because that would definetly be one of the coolest things in my life! i am actually watching her on law and order svu right now! ha ha ha. i think she deserves another Emmy for her acting. she is so amazing.
  • This is one of the most amazing women of all time. She is living up well to her mmother's name.

Mariska Hargitay is just the perfect woman. She is extremely smart and funny. She is obviously gorgeous. She is fluemt in four languages: English, Hungarian, French, and Italian. She says she fakes her way through a lot of it. She is extremly dedicated to her roles. She researched for her part as Olivia Benson on Law and Order SVU. She went through 40 hours of training to become a real rape councilor. She has inspired so many women and has enjoyed and cherished every minute of it. She is so greatful to be able to comfort and help these people through such a dark stage in their life's. She co-founded a foundation for raped and sexual abused women and children called the Joyful Heart Foundation. Every summer she takes some of the members of the Joyful Heart Foundation go to the Bahamas to swim with dolphins as a reconnecting and spiritual therapy for them. Mariska is an excellent woman adn I think every women wants to be her. She never gives up and she also shows rape vidtims as well as America that no matter how hard the battle you can always make it.
    God Bless you Mariska Hargitay.
  • benson! duh.

1/2 of the benson/stabler duo. honestly, where the heck would svu be without them? svu = my favourite. i used to sneak downstairs to watch this too [as well as ER] as a kid, and hide behind the sofa. i honestly grew up with l&o - its been around as long as i have, and this spin off is the best. maybe even better than the original? i think she puts so much into bensons character, no one else could possibly pull it off. she's wonderful, and extremely talented. i hope the reports of her ailing health are untrue - or, at least, not as bad as they're made out to be. idk if l&o: svu could survive without her.
  • Check out the review... who needs a summary, anyway? lol

Obviously, Mariska Hargitay is gorgeous, as I put under the classification. But under all that beauty, she's an amazing actress, role model, and person. She's absolutely my all time favorite actress. My most favorite thing about her is her personality. She's not fake, which is definately what I love about her the most. She brings humor to anything, and everything, and obviously loves to laugh. I also love what she's doing with the Joyful Heart Foundation, as well. It's most definately a way out for the surviving, strong women in a rape crisis. She makes them feel like they have a second chance worth fighting for, and puts a smile on each their faces---which is another thing she does best. All in all, she's an amazingly talented woman that deserves every great opportunity that comes her way. I truly love this woman.
  • She's the best ! my favorite actress !!! and an inspiration for me !!!!!!!

She\\\'s awesome! I enjoy the show and inspires me to go into criminology...I plan to study in a lab for computers under the influence of police and detectives. I encourage her to continue and to never leave the show.From a scale of 1-10 I would rate a \\\" 11 \\\" haha..I don\\\'t miss a day or night. I\\\'ll even watch some repeat shows just because they\\\'re so good and yet you can learn a lot from the Law & Order show. She\\\'s very beautiful and talented. She\\\'s of course a great actress and can perform well. I love everything about her !
  • You love her and feel sorry for her all at the same time.

You love her and feel sorry for her all at the same time. Mariska has so many talents there are really no good words to describe what she can do. First of all her character in L&O SVU is incredible. She can bring tears to your eyes by how she plays her characters. She makes you believe she feels what is written for her character. You want to jump through the TV and give her a hug and tell her it is all gonna be okay. You find yourself cheering for her. She makes you believe in every situation she is in. A real professional.
  • Everyone's favourite detective. Finally a strong female lead, who is renowed for her subtlety, but yet can deliver power house performances.

She has the ability to become the character and involve the audience to actually believe her performance and react of her actions. Quite a feat for a television actor, and a very deserving nominee and winner of multiple critically aclaimed awards.

She is the one actor, who is the relation of a famous Hollywood actress, who has not milked her family connections. She has earned her position through talent.

Mariska is destined to be even bigger than she already is, she has the chameleon ability to potray any character.
  • One of the best actresses on TV. She should have three emmys by now.

She is the only reason I watch SVU. The academy needs to wake up at give her the recognition she deserves. She is beautiful and talented. A rare combination these days.I Hope there is more good things to come for her. She makes the show for me every week. period.
  • I LOVE U <3

I love u because it so amazing and I think that up got a. Big heart with all the kids
  • Law & Order: SVU

Mariska you are doing a great jove. You have gone from ordinary detective to Lt. I think you are really good for this role.

Thank you and I hope to see more of your on Law & Order: SVU
  • Beautiful and talented

Mariska is a great actress and an admirable human being. Add to this an extraordinary beauty, the result of a privileged genetics. And I most admire in Mariska is its simplicity, humility and authenticity. All coming from this woman's is true, genuine.
  • Great actress.

Alittle overated.Gets too many emmy noms.
  • Mariska Hargitay is such a wonderful actress.

Mariska Hargitay is such a wonderful actress. The main reason I watch Law and Order SVU is because she is in it. Her acting is top of the notch stuff. When she cries I want to cry as well. Her crying actual seems real and not fake like a lot of other actresses. I think she is very beautiful. I have seen articles about her in magazine and she sounds like a really great person. I'm surprised that she isn't in more movies because she is so great at what she does. She is such a role motel for young girls and so is her character Olivia. I have watched SVU for years now and I was pretty young when I started to watch it. I look up to her now and realize that woman in the media should be more like her.
  • she is amazing

she is a amazing actress and person. she gets so into to what she wants to do. i give her my upper most props. i am so glad she won the emmys. in the show her and elloit should so totally hook up.

i dont no wat to type now but it has to be up to 100word so the rest is random letters.
    i afdm sdf lj;jkjdsc dkfj df jdfk dmckl djkfjd sdjfkjsd fkdcmckdhfsdjfk dkdfjksckm fc mxk cnmcljm m m i u j g oo g ki g kl g k g k g k g io t j vf m u v m v j n
  • Mariska is my all time favourite actress.

She is so much more than an actress and gives so much to others. I respect Mariska for her achievements such as founding the Joyful Heart Foundation. She is a breathe of fresh air in a world which appears so artificial, she is making a difference to many lives. I first saw Mariska in SVU and have since backtracked to watch all her other screen appearances, and acting just keeps getting better and better. As Olivia she has grown the character into a woman that many look up to and wish they could be more like. Mariska is an essential cog in the wheel that is SVU!
  • i love her!!!

she is so awesome i love her so much she is the best actress on the best TV show ever:Law and Order SVU i never miss a episode! i like freak out every time her and costar chris meloni aka elliot stabler get close or touch eek im so excited i hope we get to see some of her more awesome acting this season! i pretty much have seen her in ever tv or movie she has ever been in i gotta admit i didnt liek her too uch on the 80's she was weird i would deff rather see her now =]
  • she is great!

As i have written in the shows review, she and he fellow co-stars make the show, expecialy her.... but no really they are all really great but they way her presents on screen attracts your eyes so you cant look away, is amazing. i have never seen another actress or actor have such an effest on their fans. i have spoken to some other fans and they just love her. Of course the do she is amazing, but she knows that. Just look at that girl from Make a Wish Foundation, she burst into tears when she finially got to meet the person she admired the most after her mothers death. (that person is Mariska).

well now i am done lol

nicole
  • Mariska Hargitay is not only beautiful AND talented, she is giving and selfless too!

Mariska Hargitay is my favourite actress because she went above and beyond the role of Det. Olivia Benson on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. She started "Joyful Heart Foundation" (JHF) for the survivors of sexual assault to heal using dolphin-human therapy. Not only has she started her own foundation, she speaks out for the survivors of sexual assault everywhere, and is on many boards and committees. As to her talent in acting, she is a great actress in the way that L&O:SVU would not be the same without her. She is amazing in her roles and has won a Golden Globe and has nominated for many different awards numerous times. She is passionate and caring as Det. Olivia Benson and is passionate and caring in real life as well. I think Mariska Hargitay is an amazing actress and person, which is why she's my personal favourite!
  • I have a new religion: Mariskaism! Basically it's me worshipping you, Queen Mariska, Goddess of my days and nights!

Why did it take me so long to turn on to SVU? I should have been watching all along. This lady has it all. Who could resist a lady who is sexy, tough, compassionate and savvy all in one? It's hard to believe it took Ms. Hargitay this long to get a starring role in a TV show. May she never disappear from my TV screen for the remaining days of my life!

I hope that Ms. Hargitay will soon get her own starring role in a big-screen movie, and her own comedy show. I can see that she can make anybody laugh, and I think she wants to be able to flash that smile more than she can on SVU. Can Lloyds of London insure her smile? It would be worth at least $20 million!

I love you, Mariska!
  • Mariska Hargitay is definately the lead behind Law and Order: SVU.....

Mariska Hargitay is definately the lead behind Law and Order: SVU. She seems able to help anyone out of anything. She can be calm and helpful when you need it and ready to kill the perps if they deserve it. She can calm down the victims. I feel sorry for the losses she has endured on the show with losing her mom, encountering a rapist who knew about her mom, trying to deal with the hard cases.....
    I need her courage as well as the fluency with Spanish ((even if it's a script)(LOL)). She can definately say that she was a lead role on SVU because she is perfect for the hardedge/softedge, razor/feather, night/day different for the circumstances detective.
  • This woman is unbelievably talented!

Mariska Hargitay is one of the primary reasons behind the success of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Her hard-hitting role as Olivia Benson is not only believable but magnetic - drawing viewers in to the hit series in greater and greater numbers. The 2004 Golden Globe Award was entirely deserving. Now, let's just hope the Emmy voters give credit where credit is due as well.
  • Mariska Hargitay is a very talented actress who does an excellent job on L&O SVU & Lifetime movie.

Mariska Hargitay is one of my favorite actresses. She does an excellent job of portraying Olivia Benson. I think they should go more in depth of what happened to Olivia as a child. Mariska done a great job on the movie Lake Placid and on the Lifetime movie Plain Truth. I am really happy to see she won a grammy in 2006 for her role as Olivia Benson.
    Motherhood seems to have agreed with her as well, she seems so happy since her baby boy August was born. I am also glad she and Christopher Meloni received raises because Law & Order SVU would not be the same without either one of those two. I think the founding and work Mariska has done with the Joyful Heart Foundation makes her even more special.
  • She is the best actress on primetime television. She knows how to hold her own and creates Olivia Benson as a multi-dimensional character. You really get to know her as you watch the show. You sometimes sympathizes the stuff she has to put up with.

I think she is now getting her props. She is not only been on the People's list of Beautiful People and is now nominated for an Emmy. It is about time. I look to her as the greatest character on the male-dominated show and field. SHe is the best. Mariska is the best!!
  • -olivia-

obviously, most people know mariska hargitay from her most famous role as detective Olivia Benson on Law and Order: Special Victims Until. SVU really boosted her career. she's one of the cast members that has been on board since the beginning. her on screen barely there romance with detective elliot stabler pulls in viewers. I, myself, tune in cause i love the court room scene, i love to see how they can figure out who did it. Mariska recently because very famous and starting appearing in magazines and commercials. i love that with all her work, and raising a child she finds time to take a stand for self esteem and anti prejudice articles. she isnt afraid to stand up for what she knows is right and thats what i love about her. cant wait to see what she does in the future!
< 1 2 3