Mariska Hargitay

Mariska Hargitay Fan Reviews (68)

• Mariska Hargitay, Seriously Underrated.

I first seen Mariska Hargitay in ER, many years ago and never really played that much attention to her, and I only knew her as Mark Greene girlfriend. She left after a couple of episodes and the show continued.

Then in 1999, a brilliant new TV show called Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (SVU), started. This was the third spin off to the original Law & Order and in my eyes a hundred times better, if not a thousand.

It was as SVU began airing and I began watching it that I noticed what an amazing actor Mariska was. She is the reason that I watch SVU (and also for Chris Meloni). She plays Olivia Benson, a child of rape. Her mother was raped and her mother decided to keep the baby and Olivia was born. She has her mothers last name as they do not know who the rapist (her father) was.

Mariska is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay. Sadly Jayne, Mariska's Mother, was killed in a car crash, when Mariska was just three years old. Her father Mickey died last winter (2006).

Mariska is not only an amazing actor, she is now an amazing wife to Peter Herrman and mother to August Herrman.

She has talent that can make you, laugh, smile, cry, make you feel her pain and lose with her and make you feel her happiness with her.

She has also been in a few movies, but my favourite movie she has been in is, Plain Truth. She plays a character completely different to Olivia Benson, which is nice to see.

To summarize I think that Mariska Hargitay is completely underrated and is an amazing woman. She is even a rape counsellor. Basically she is amazing! SO listen to me when I say go and buy all of her movies, her old ER episodes and most definitely the Law and Order: SVU Box sets!