Mary McDonnell

Mary McDonnell Fan Reviews (6)

• Hugh Thomas

I wish to make a comment about Mary McDonnells glasses. I am a retired optician with thirty years of experience in the field. I am also an actor in community theater and local film producrtions. Ms. McDonnell is a very attractive actor (actress) and should be fitted with a more suitable frame so as to enhance her face and eyes. The frame sits so low on her nose and exposes too much area betweem the top of the frame and her eyebrows. When she is in a medium distance shot her eyes are totally blocked by the top of the frame. If it is the direrctors intent to make her into a negative or confrontational character he doesn't need to compromise her looks. Her superior acting ability will do the job nicely. The person who selected those particular frames needs to go back to school.
  • Presidential.

Mary McDonnell is a well rounded actress who has played a wide variety of roles. She will always be remembered for her performance in “Dances With Wolves”, no she is the President of the remainder of human civilization tagging along with Battlestar Galactica.

The President Roslin character is an excellent addition to the Battlestar Galactica story line, as it provides a counterpoint to Edward James Olmos’s Commander Adama. She was an insignificant cabinet member when everyone above her, including the president, were killed in the cylon attack.

Mary McDonnell plays Roslin’s initial reluctance and gradually increasing competence and self assurance as President remarkably well. Only a truly powerful performer could go toe to toe with Edward James Olmos without folding and Mary McDonnell does that in almost every episode without fail.
  • Mary McDonnell portrays Laura Roslin in BSG. She is the secretary of Education attending the retirement ceremony of the Galactica. This not only saves her life but propels her to the Presidency.

I decided to give the reimagined BSG a chance when I saw the Mary McDonnell and Edward James Olmos were in the cast. From what I've seen of her work the only way she would be involved in this project was if it was well written and had great story development. I've been a fan since "Dances with Wolves" but "Passion Fish" is what made me really take notice of her work. I recently watched a scifi channel Q&A and it was nice to have an actress with the accolades she's received say out loud that it's ok to be scifi fans. I hope that an EMMY nod is given before BSG is done.
  • great actor

I am so gald they decided to keep her around and not kill her of, she is brillant in the role of president, I love this charecter, I love her as an actress she plays every role with such emotion
    I hope that she stays on TV a long time with this show, she deserves the positive attention
  • Major Crimes

Excellent crime drama that only improves with each show. each character plays well with each other and Rusty adds a new dynamic which brings out a different part of the characters. Sarg, Rader demonstrates an admirable relationship with Rusty. I hope she adopts him.
  • Marry McDonnell currently plays Laura Roslin on Battlestar Galactica (2003).

I must admit that I only discovered the tallented actress Mary McDonnell just a few months ago, and I really wish that I had discovered her sooner. In my opinion, Mary McDonnell is one of the best actresses in Hollywood. Not only is Mary\'s performance as Laura Roslin on Battlestar Galactica (2003) intriguing, but Mary is also a very fascinating person when she\'s simply being herself. Mary really shines in the role of Laura Roslin, a woman who is a very strong leader. She was an excellent choice as an actress for a strong female lead character. I owe the makers of Battlestar Galactica (2003) a big thank you for introducing me to the gem that is Mary McDonnell. One of my personal hobbies is to write scripts for TV shows, and if I ever actaully get to have them made into a real TV show, I really want Mary McDonnell to be a part of my projects. I would feel truly honored to have Mary participate in one of my creations. Here's to hoping that Mary McDonnell is around for many more years to come.