Matthew Broderick

Matthew Broderick Fan Reviews (6)

• Flat and boring.

He's really not that great of an actor...he showed some promise in the 80's but from the 90's through he's played the same role over and over again with the possible exception of Leo Bloom. All of his characters have been the same or he plays them the same way: he's always the normal nerdy guy stuck in weird situations. I'll admit he uses good facial expressions but his emotions are robotic which doesn't help make his characters seem any different from the other. I mean, let me ask you this...what was the difference between his character in The Cable Guy and Godzilla?
  • Stars in several of my favorite movies.

Matthew Broderick is one of my favorite actors. He is so funny! One of my favorite movies of all time is Ferris Bueller's Day Off. He was perfect as Ferris Bueller! I don't think the directors could have picked a more natural or funny guy. Another favorite movie of mine is Godzilla. I wasn't going to watch that movie because it looked scary, but when I saw Matthew was starring in it, I thought I would give it a shot and watch it. I loved it! It was great. The only thing I regret about Matthew, is that he doesn't star in many movies. He does act in a bunch of movies, but not many that I hear about.
  • An actor with comedic charm. Highly talented and plays a variety of roles.

In my opinion Mr. Broderick is an extremely underated actor. People always connect him to Ferris Buellers Day Off and it is a great movie, but think about some of his other films where he plays darker or more grown up roles. Some of these films are Election, Glory, and You Can Count On Me. Then there is Matthew Broderick the voice actor. In movies like The Lion King where he gives us the voice of Adult Simba he is very expressive and he brings a lot of emotion to the character. Altough he is primarily known for his film work Mr. Brodrick is also a very talented stage actor. He has done plays such as Biloxi Blues and Brighton Beach Memoirs both by Neil Simon, and for Brighton Beach Mr. Broderick won his first Tony award for best featured actor in a play. He can also sing and dance. Mr. Broderick co-starred with Nathan Lane in the smash hit The Producers the new Mel Brooks musical. He won his second Tony award (best actor in a musical) for the major revival of the Loesser and Burrows musical How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying or H2$ as it was shortened to. These are only a few reasons why Mr. Broderick is my favorite actor.
  • empty

Matthew Broderick is a true actor. You really believe that he got into acting because he loves it for what it is. You'll never see him in any tabloids and you won't hear any gossip about him. In his roles, you sense more realism than many other actor's who are considered more talented than he. Of all of his roles in all of his movies, my favorite has to be "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."
  • great actor

Matthew Broderick is a talented actor, he has been in a few movies: War games, Inspector Gadget, and Godzilla, well those are the movies I've seen him in. He's a very talented actor, any part that he has played was great, all 3 movies I saw him in where funny.
  • YAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say about Broderick? He is one of the coolest actors in the world!!! When I saw Inspector Gadget I thought the role was very good for him. At first I thought he was alright, but after seeing Glory, man I think him and Denzel Washington ROCKED!!!!!!!! I only find it sad that Broderick and Washington's characters get killed in the end. If only they won. You rock Matthew Broderick!!!!!!!! Rock on!!!!!!!