Matthew Fox

Matthew Fox Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Still the best and deepest character on LOST.

I considered Matthew Fox to be a good leading man on LOST, but the recent season finale just put him over the top. I saw him on a few POF eps, but didn't care for the show so I didn't really pay attention. He has good screen presence and he carries his dialogue well. What really struck me in his recent work is his intensity! The second half of the season 3 finale was by far his best acting in the series. Even with some rushed dialogue, he pulled it off in great fashion. Now this might just be my love for the show talking, but compared to the other actors on LOST, Matt takes the cake.

If anything, Matt knows how to play characters naturally. He played a drugged out loser to perfection in this latest episode. Little things like spaced out eyes and nervous ticks were done with great care. I can honestly say that if it weren't for Jack and Kate (Another underrated actress), LOST wouldn't be on any more. I love the show, but it was getting pretty weak near the beginning of Season 3. Not to mention their great on screen chemistry.

I would love to see Matthew get more work outside of LOST, but as for now, keep up the good work.
  • Great actor

Really great actor in LOST, I think he brings a lot to the set and he should have a really great career after LOST because of its massive sucess. I think he possible could be replaced easily however, which is sad because he is a good actor but his character is not suited to him. I KNOW lots of people will probably disagree with me there but you know... I would like to see him vary his acting in other shows or maybe films to see how good of an actor he is.It may be the script writing but I don't think he is anything like his character in real life.
  • Great Actor!

I Love Matthew Fox, His Acting Techniques Are Great. I've Only Ever Seen Him In Lost And a Little In Part Of Five But I'm Basing This Review On Lost. You Can Really Tell Jack's Emotions And Matthew Makes Jack a Hero Even When He Isn't a Hero Within The Losties. That's a Sign Of a Great Actor. Well Done Matthew Fox. *Claps Hands*
  • I love him!

I really love him! He's a great actor! He is really good in lost too! that's where I first saw him. He plays his character very good and he is really good in showing his emotions. You can really see if he's happy or not. I love when actors are good in that because then you are really in the story. He's my favourite actor in lost!
  • empty

Great actor. His filmography is not the best around, but I think that he is really cool as Jack in Lost, and the three movies (probably more) he has made along his career, have been good, and I think that it is just the start of a great start. I love Matthew Fox.
  • Great Talent

Matthew fox is now my favourite charcater on TV. The way he plays Jack in "Lost" is great he has the atitude and the personality spot on and always act the the best of his abilities. I hopr to late see him get lead roles in movies and more TV hits. But for the time being i would like to see him stay on "Lost" and keep his role as jack shepard. He is Luck because he gets to act "Lost" on a tropical island filled with wildlife. Usually when you think of acting you think of a studio with 10 carmeras around you and coke cans on the floor, but nope not for him and the island.
    He is also a lucky guy getting to work with the acters that he works with. Together "Lost" is 10/10 for me and always will be.
  • Review

Known best, and sometimes only, as Jack Sheppard on the hit series Lost. Mathhew Fox has tried to reach the big screen as well, co starring in the recent box office hit We are Marshall. However, the biggest problem Matthew has is that no character he ever plays will live up to Jack Sheppard. Matthew Fox was born to play Jack Sheppard on Lost and he does it with the intensity and integrity that makes it exciting to watch him act on Lost from week to week. Many people think that he could have been cast better, however there is no one better to play Jack Sheppard then Matthew Fox and I think his performance on the show over the past couple of seasons has been amazing. I think that Matthew Fox should be getting a lot more oppurtunites to appear in movies. I think We Are Marshall was a decent start with him, but I think he hasn't even hit his prime yet
  • When i started to watch Lost..

When i started to watch Lost, i liked Sawyer much more than Jack. But after season 1 Jack has become my favourite character . And the reason why i prefer Jack to other characters is because he's played by Matthew Fox. It's not just handsome and clever person. Matthew Fox is one of the most talented actors, who has a great charism and such a beautiful style of acting. That's all i can say. He's just great.
  • Matthew Fox is a beautiful beautiful beautiful man who is taking on a great television character on a spectacular show. Props to Foxy!!!

Matthew Fox is hott. He is talented and he works hard on his leading character on LOST. I love watching him tackle this difficult character, Jack Shepard, who struggles with his leadership role, his past demons, and the feelings he has about being on this island (and for Kate, cuz they belong together.) Especially after the 2/22 episode, Stranger in a Strangeland, Foxy proves his character out to be rounder than we thought - more than just a Dr., more than just a guy who cries a lot, and more than just a guy who yells a lot. Jack Shepard gets sh*t done. End of story. His acting on LOST makes me wanna go out and rent Party of Five and Haunted so I can catch up on past Foxy experiences. His guest spot on Saturday Night Live was pretty funny too.
  • empty

Matthew Fox has always been a great dramatic actor as he got his start in television. Now that he's resurrected his career on the hit show "LOST," Fox got a co-starring role, opposite Matthew McConaghey in "We Are Marshall." He did a wonderful job in that powerful movie.
  • Matthew is best-known for playing Jack Shephard in "Lost" and Charlie Salinger in "Party of Five." He debuted as a director with the feature "Lucky Bugger." He and his family currently reside in Hawaii, near the set of "LOST."

I think he is the hottest star in the List cast, and that kate shoukd totally give him a try. I also think that he should have more and more oppertunities that just going on a couple movies and lost, because he is a very talkented actor and should have a very big career with his portray of Jack Sheppard on lost, he will probally get more career oppertunities in tome but for now he is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot on lost. If they get off the island then he will look twice as good as he does with the dirty sexy doctor on the island.
    TOTALLY LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • empty

Matthew Fox is brilliant in Lost. In season 1, I liked him the most, in season 2 he got a little too serious and I liked him less and I hope in season 3 he won't be too serious.
  • So awesome!

there would be no lost with no Matthew! He is the perfect character for the person he plays for lost! he is strong, willing to take control and be a leader in a situation where everyone is in a panic state! He not only can play the part but he is so believable when he is on the screen. Sometimes I'm watching lost and i forget I'm at home and I'm not on a deserted island (or so some think...) and i just get lost in the great performance of the characters of lost. Matthew is just so awesome and so believable its incredible, like i said there would be no lost without him! Awesome show with some unbelievable characters!
  • Too much of him on LOST

I get really sick of having almost every episode it seems having Matthew Fox or Jack in it. I probably wouldn't mind him if he wasn't being shoved down my throat all the time. He's to much of a goodie-goodie and a hero all the time on LOST and is always involed in the main storylines. I don't mind him on other shows thats why I gave him an 5. But if I was scoring him just on LOST I would give hime a 1 becuase he really really bugs me. I know everyone's going to disagree with me but o well life goes on.
  • Matthew and his Lost Charater, Jack. My Opinion.

Matthew Fox is the best actor i can ever think of. He is the greatest & the hottest which is a great thing. LOL =P =D =* He's cute and funny what more could you ask for, lol, i'm just in love with him. hehe He is an great actor, his character on Lost, Jack, he makes you feel what he is saying he makes it real, he makes his feeling true, he is a great guy, and a great doctor. Matthew plays this character so very well, i'm glad they didnt kill him off in the pilot. I've fallen in love with Matthew's character Jack. If i had to sum up in 3 words Matthew they would be Loving, Actor, & Hottie, haha lol. Matthew Fox is great, and there is no one greater than him, I think. I could go on and on about Matthew & Jack but i dont have the time right now, maybe later. Will you take a rain check??
  • i love him! he's such a talented actor! he's one of my favoriye charectors on LOST!

i love him! his acting is awesome. he can be funny, sexy, fearless, scared, worried and a whole bunch of other emotions on screen. he just makes LOST such a better show! where would all the other castaways be without their leader? someones got to make decisions. he just a good actor and has a great charector to play! i dont know who i like better, jack or matthew. probably both the same. people juust love him and it does help him that he is very HOT!!!!! lol
  • Nobody else on this planet could play Jack Sawyer from Lost. And one gets the sense that Matthew Fox would do a fine job playing any dramatic lead male character.

You can't deny the power of Matthew Fox's performance of Jack Sawyer. He makes you believe he is Jack Sawyer. Nobody else could play that role. This is what makes a good actor for me: he suspends your disbelief, draws you into his world, and forces you to come along for the ride... and you love every minute of it. Mr. Fox would certainly do well outside of Lost, but why should he? He's got a good thing going, and probably a rather large fanbase. I sincerely do hope that he sticks around for a while, whether it be in this role or in another capacity.
  • Matt is sooo hot and talented perfect match.

Matt is like the fittest man on earth he is soo hot. I could watch and look at him all day. He would definatly be my reason for staying in bed. ;) Also he is soo talented he is such a great actor, but lost is definatley his best performance. Sexy and talented cant get a better match. I wish i were stuck on an island with him. no one else. His wife is so so lucky. Im am so his biggest fan. If i ever met him I would be thinking i were imagining it. He's so fit. He is even fitter than chad michael murray and i used to think that were impossible so i was wrong.
  • Good looking, good actor!

Since I saw him first on Party of Five I learned to love him. I watched while he grew up and he became a great actor. He has a lot of talent and can play so much different characters.

And the way he looks... well that is a plus too!

Also he seems a really nice regular guy. Doesn't get in problems that we know of and tries to keep his personal live what it is: personal.

In lost he is excellent. He understands his character and had give him a great personality, just the guy that you will want to introduce to you family.

I hope will get to see a lot more of him as he continues to grow as a person and a professional.

• an incredibly talented actor!

matthew fox has been the main reason for me to watch "party of five" and now he plays my favourite character in "lost" (which has a lot to do with his great performance). o.k., he is a very good looking guy but there is a lot in his appearance that goes way beyond this.

he adds so much depth, warmth and humanity and still unpredictability to the character of jack in "lost". he first is introduced as being some kind of superhuman hero but the more the show is brought forward, the more he is shown as a character not being that perfect, struggeling inner demons and doubts, seeming to be losing it at times, suggesting that there have been things going on in the past wherein he has made some terrible mistakes and lapses.

i think matthew fox is doing wonderful, brilliant and most credible acting dealing with the complexity and ambivialence of jack shepard. the more he loses his perfection, the more he shows his vunerability the more lovable he gets in my opinion.

that is why i think "white rabbit" to be one of the best episodes of season 1. the scenes with matthew fox in the focus are absolutely striking (for instance the sheer horror he shows when he first sees he father in the jungle, then seeming to shrink to be a little boy again when he asks "dad?". the scene where he is crying when he sees his father dead and takes this crying back to the present, the scene where he is trying to convince the woman at the airline desk to allow him to take the coffin of his father home. ...).

i'm looking forward to hopefully many more seasons of "lost" with many more scenes like that and i really hope, that matthew fox is going to have a major breakthrough to big screen one day!

• What an actor and what a show!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it wasnt for lost i would never have known about this talented actor. The same goes for the other members of lost. I think that the show is amasing, but without the actors and actress's they have now, the show would be crap. Im not so sure about the new girl who just came in on series 2 because she isnt really out of the original cast, but thats probably because she is new. She might even become as good as the others but that would mean shed have to be the best. Im just glad i av something to do on tuesday nights. And i have to say, id be lost without it, wouldnt you?
  • This guy is cool.

Matthew Fox is a very talented actor, and he is proving it on Lost, the hit television series in wich he stars.
    I honestly don't why he didn't win any award for his perfomance. Why people like to give all the attention to Desperate Housewives?
    Lost is a better show, with better actors and better stories.
  • OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how sxc is matt i think ive suddenly found love ! he is such a hottie wow anyone else who agrees add me to ur msn badtastechick@hotmail.com

matt is the sexiest guy on lost im his biggest fan i think he is even sexierthan david beckham and he is gorgeous. i so want to meet him! id love to be stuck on an island with him id make sure he is never board! matt if you ever read this give me a text weetie ! 07947375824 i love matthew fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brilliantly captivating.

I'd have to say Matthew Fox is one of my all-time favorite actors. He's got natural talent, which definitely breaks through in his role on the hit TV series, LOST, where he plays the heroic doctor, Jack Shepard. Matthew never ceases to amaze me in his performances on that show. He fits the part perfectly and had any other actor gotten it, the show wouldn't be nearly as good as it is now. I've never seen anything else that he stars in, but I'm sure he's got quite a career ahead of him.
  • Matthew Fox is a very talented actor.

One of the reasons I love to watch "Lost" is because of Matthew Fox. I like the character he plays (Jack), it suits him, it is a perfect fit. I liked him as Charlie on "Party of Five". It is nice to see him again and on another hit television show. I was sad when "Party of Five" was over because I wouldn't see him anymore. He is very talented and I am glad he was cast as Jack. I know he tried out for the part of Sawyer, Holloway is a great pick for that part as well, Matthew is the only one I could see playing Jack. I hope nothing bad happens to his character on Lost.
  • Mateusz to przystojny aktor, choc nie robi takiego wrazenia jak np. Josh ale ma tez nudna role dobrego doktorka.

7.3
    Mateusz to przystojny aktor, choc nie robi takiego wrazenia jak np. Josh ale ma tez nudna role dobrego doktorka. Fatalnie wygladal w peruce w odcinku gdzie ratowal swoja przyszla zone, ktora niedawno byla przyszla zona Eda. Fajny byl motyw z Desmondem, podoba mi sie wprowadzanie takiego realizmu magicznego, jak np. to "Podnies stope" zastanawialam sie jak to wykorzytsa te informacje ale jakos nie pociagneli tego a szkoda
  • Plays a good leader type guy

I never watched that “Party of Five” thing, so I never saw Matthew Fox in anything before “Lost”. I was surprised at the fine performance he puts in on “Lost” thought. His character, Jack, seems to be the type of guy folks would look to for leadership in a situation like that, and Fox pulls it off pretty well. I guess I had a negative expectation, because I associated him with his previous co-stars like Hewitt, Chabert and that Wolf guy, all of whom should have never been actors in the first place.
  • Jack is one of the coolest members on the Lost island.

Matthew Fox, or as I am reviewing him, Dr. Jack Sheppard, is one of the coolest on the island in "Lost". Everyone looks to him as the leader, and he tries to help everyone, but maybe a little too much.
    We originally see Jack's devotion for helping people when he tried to save the US Marshall's life, despite the fact the Marshall could not be saved. Sawyer took a gun and shot the Marshall to kill him so the Marshall would not suffer, but he missed his heart so Jack had to suffocate him.
    Jack and Kate sort of have feelings for each other but Jack keeps an eye on her because he does not fully trust her because of her convict past.
    We found out that Jack worked with his dad as they were both doctors. But his father had a drinking problem, and that was the reason for the death of one or more of his patients. However, Jack did not side with his father and he turned his father in for it. I do not know what I would have done in Jack's situation, but you can't entirely blame him.
    We also found out that Jack's mother sent him to Australia to find his father, who went there after he lost his job because of what Jack did. But his father died, and Jack had to bring him back to the States to bury him, but that was the plane that crashed on the magical island that we have come to know so well.
    Jack saw his father on the island walking despite the fact his father is dead. Jack felt maybe he was hallucinating but John Locke said there was a chance he wasn't because the island is magical.
    Jack found the caves near water and brought half of the survivors there. However, he was trapped in a cave-in, but was saved by Charlie. Jack returned the favor by saving Charlie's life after he found him hanged in the forest by Ethan.
    Jack tried to help Boone after the accident with Boone on the cliff, but he couldn't, and Boone died.
    Jack is one of the coolest members on the Lost island. He saved lives and is "real", telling people what he thinks and how he feels about them or whatever they ask him about. He is always there to help them when they need it, no matter how he feels about them. And that's what makes him a good person.
    Season 1(9.0)
  • Matt or Charlie in Party of Five was always one of my favorite actors growing up. Don't get me wrong I started watching POF because of the lovely Neve Campbell but once I started watching the show, I decided that was the type of person I wanted to be.

Matthew is an outstanding actor and I have been waiting to see him in something great like Lost every since the last episode of POF went of the air. He had this greatness about him in POF that let you know that he could play any role. It's just a shame that it has took this long to get him back in the act so long but it was worth the wait. Great show awesome actor. Also, it would be great if we could get Scott Wolfe involved into Lost.
  • Matthew Fox is a fine, talented actor with a great range at dramatic performance.Strong on-screen presence. This actor should be doing more feature films!

I remember him in Party of Five and looks like he has evolved even further as a fine actor. I wonder if Jack and Kate will finally hook up for real in the Second Season. I am thinking that Anna Lucia, if not Kate, will get together with Jack. Matthew Fox should be doing more features films. He has strong on-screen presence and is a talented actor indeed.
1 2 3