Matthew Fox

Matthew Fox Fan Reviews (63)

• "By, far one of my favorite actors of all time"

Mathew, your one of my favorite actors ofcourse, playing the stern yet macho form of Jack Shepard on my favorite show, "Lost". I wish it wouldnt end in two years but what are you gonna do. I recently went to Hawaii for a vacation and couldnt stop looking for you =D, My ultimate dream is to meet you, I would also like to meet Evangeline Lilly. But I can imagine so would 100 million other people in the world. I just want to let you know that out of the hundereds of thousands of people that watch you every time you play a part. I am cheering you on Bravo!
  • Don't ever underestimate this man.

You know, this guy is probably one of the most talented actors I have ever seen in all of my life. And I'm not even kidding when I say that. He has always been one of the bravest characters in the show and I think he really deserves a lot of respect for that. Because only he could pull off the outstanding role of Jack Shepphard. When he plays the character, it's as though you can feel empathy for him. Like you are going through all these events with him. Because he makes this show feel real to us which makes this show so great. And that's something that very few can do. He has a great gift for acting and I think that "Lost" is very lucky to have him in their show. Overall, what I'm trying to say is, Matthew fox is the best actor of mankind without a doubt.
  • Matthew Fox's portrayal of Jack has been synonymous with the quality and success of the show. The best!

Without Matthew Fox as Jack, this show would not have been nearly as successful. Since the first episode, Matthew Fox's intensity has driven me to watch every episode and depend upon his character to pull me through to the next one, when sometimes, the show's direction became pretty murky. The gripping emotion and sometimes pure angst he can convey with just his eyes is incredibly compelling. He is so believable, despite being the star of a show that requires one to suspend belief to enjoy. He reveals overwhelming insight without saying a word. I will admit, however, that his performances given in all of the prior seasons were more convincing than this final year. It seems that, at times, he (Matthew Fox) doesn't care anymore and has "checked out". Notwithstanding, I am basing my review on all of the show's history, not just recent episodes. I still love Jack.
  • Just fantastic.

Matthew Fox, who we have all come to know as Doctor Jack Shephard in the show Lost, is just a brilliant actor. In the real world, he seems like a great person. But back to the TV world, of LOST, he plays a very important role, without Matthew filling this role, the show would have turned out very differently. In my opinion, Jack has gone through many changes, keeping Matthew on his feet, always adjusting himself to keep in line with these changes, back in season one, Jack had to be my favourite on Lost, but slowly, theres just something about him, and I have begun to dislike him, Matthew plays him very well, and is very talented, will watch other shows he is in.
  • He is simply perfect :)

He is really talented and makes Lost worth of watching.I'm looking forward to see him on the big screen soon again. We are the Marshalls was simply great movie and his acting really great ot it. He defenitely is suitable for variuous roles. He is amazing and who can stay cold after watching his crying. ;)

I hope he'll stay Lost till series ends. Lost would be really lost without his role. He is amazing as Jack and we are whole time seeing new layers of his personality on that show. He seemes to be really nice guy in real too. He talkes always so warmly about his kids and his lovely wife. And he is really kind and nice to his fans. He is simply the best actor for years and I hope we'll see him lots in the future.
  • Matthew fox is an amazing actor and he is also my favourite character on Lost. Because he is the leader of the survivers and makes the right choices.

Matthew fox is awsome I absolutely think he is the best character on Lost because he is a leader aswell as nice, caring, compassionate and looks after the sick or injured of the castaways on the show. If I were to be on Lost I would definatly want to be jack, and to play his role. Hes a very good man that deserves so much better on the show, because his wife left him for another man, his fathers mysterious death and reappearing back on the island and the number one thing is he is lonely and doesn't have anyone to share his feelings with. So overall I think matthew fox is an amazing actor and man and he plays a very important role on lost.
  • My second favrourite charactor!

Matthew Fox is one of the main charactors in LOST but his name is Jack Shephard. Jack is a doctor just like his dad, Christian Shephard, who is know dead. Jack is my second favourite charactor on LOST just after Kate. I love his flashbacks, they are always intresting and they always have me on the edge of my seat! I love the whole thing with him and Kate, they act there whole situation like it is really happing, Matthew Fox and Evangeline Lilly are amazing charactors! I hope in season four Kate tell Jack she loves him too and then you know..."Get It On!" I haven't seen Matthew in anything else other than LOST but if I had to rate him on how good his acting is, it would be 10 out of 10!
  • You got to love him in Lost and heard hes not half bad in Party of Five also.

Once the shining heartthrob of TV's hottest series, Party Of Five, Matthew Fox is a star of the 90s whose talent and charm have endured. Found starring and various films since Five went dark, Matthew Fox is now the central figure in the hit ABC series Lost. His lead role in Lost was the first seeing him. He is a great actor although at times on Lost he annoys me I do enjoy his acting.
  • He's awesome!

Matthew Fox is a very talented actor. I had never heard of him before his role of Dr. Jack Shephard on LOST. But now that I've seen him act, I think he's great. He is amazing at acting. He's one of my favorite characters on LOST. He just seems so real when he's acting. I can't even explain what I'm trying to say. But now I am definitely a huge fan of his. I think he's pretty hot too!!! He seems like he would be a cool person to get to talk to. Maybe one of these days I'll get to meet him. (yeah right!) Matthew Fox rocks!
  • Great actor

Really great actor in LOST, I think he brings a lot to the set and he should have a really great career after LOST because of its massive sucess. I think he possible could be replaced easily however, which is sad because he is a good actor but his character is not suited to him. I KNOW lots of people will probably disagree with me there but you know... I would like to see him vary his acting in other shows or maybe films to see how good of an actor he is.It may be the script writing but I don't think he is anything like his character in real life.
  • Great Actor!

I Love Matthew Fox, His Acting Techniques Are Great. I've Only Ever Seen Him In Lost And a Little In Part Of Five But I'm Basing This Review On Lost. You Can Really Tell Jack's Emotions And Matthew Makes Jack a Hero Even When He Isn't a Hero Within The Losties. That's a Sign Of a Great Actor. Well Done Matthew Fox. *Claps Hands*
  • I love him!

I really love him! He's a great actor! He is really good in lost too! that's where I first saw him. He plays his character very good and he is really good in showing his emotions. You can really see if he's happy or not. I love when actors are good in that because then you are really in the story. He's my favourite actor in lost!
  • Great Talent

Matthew fox is now my favourite charcater on TV. The way he plays Jack in "Lost" is great he has the atitude and the personality spot on and always act the the best of his abilities. I hopr to late see him get lead roles in movies and more TV hits. But for the time being i would like to see him stay on "Lost" and keep his role as jack shepard. He is Luck because he gets to act "Lost" on a tropical island filled with wildlife. Usually when you think of acting you think of a studio with 10 carmeras around you and coke cans on the floor, but nope not for him and the island.
    He is also a lucky guy getting to work with the acters that he works with. Together "Lost" is 10/10 for me and always will be.
  • Review

Known best, and sometimes only, as Jack Sheppard on the hit series Lost. Mathhew Fox has tried to reach the big screen as well, co starring in the recent box office hit We are Marshall. However, the biggest problem Matthew has is that no character he ever plays will live up to Jack Sheppard. Matthew Fox was born to play Jack Sheppard on Lost and he does it with the intensity and integrity that makes it exciting to watch him act on Lost from week to week. Many people think that he could have been cast better, however there is no one better to play Jack Sheppard then Matthew Fox and I think his performance on the show over the past couple of seasons has been amazing. I think that Matthew Fox should be getting a lot more oppurtunites to appear in movies. I think We Are Marshall was a decent start with him, but I think he hasn't even hit his prime yet
  • When i started to watch Lost..

When i started to watch Lost, i liked Sawyer much more than Jack. But after season 1 Jack has become my favourite character . And the reason why i prefer Jack to other characters is because he's played by Matthew Fox. It's not just handsome and clever person. Matthew Fox is one of the most talented actors, who has a great charism and such a beautiful style of acting. That's all i can say. He's just great.
  • Matthew is best-known for playing Jack Shephard in "Lost" and Charlie Salinger in "Party of Five." He debuted as a director with the feature "Lucky Bugger." He and his family currently reside in Hawaii, near the set of "LOST."

I think he is the hottest star in the List cast, and that kate shoukd totally give him a try. I also think that he should have more and more oppertunities that just going on a couple movies and lost, because he is a very talkented actor and should have a very big career with his portray of Jack Sheppard on lost, he will probally get more career oppertunities in tome but for now he is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot on lost. If they get off the island then he will look twice as good as he does with the dirty sexy doctor on the island.
    TOTALLY LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • empty

Matthew Fox is brilliant in Lost. In season 1, I liked him the most, in season 2 he got a little too serious and I liked him less and I hope in season 3 he won't be too serious.
  • So awesome!

there would be no lost with no Matthew! He is the perfect character for the person he plays for lost! he is strong, willing to take control and be a leader in a situation where everyone is in a panic state! He not only can play the part but he is so believable when he is on the screen. Sometimes I'm watching lost and i forget I'm at home and I'm not on a deserted island (or so some think...) and i just get lost in the great performance of the characters of lost. Matthew is just so awesome and so believable its incredible, like i said there would be no lost without him! Awesome show with some unbelievable characters!
  • Matthew and his Lost Charater, Jack. My Opinion.

Matthew Fox is the best actor i can ever think of. He is the greatest & the hottest which is a great thing. LOL =P =D =* He's cute and funny what more could you ask for, lol, i'm just in love with him. hehe He is an great actor, his character on Lost, Jack, he makes you feel what he is saying he makes it real, he makes his feeling true, he is a great guy, and a great doctor. Matthew plays this character so very well, i'm glad they didnt kill him off in the pilot. I've fallen in love with Matthew's character Jack. If i had to sum up in 3 words Matthew they would be Loving, Actor, & Hottie, haha lol. Matthew Fox is great, and there is no one greater than him, I think. I could go on and on about Matthew & Jack but i dont have the time right now, maybe later. Will you take a rain check??
  • i love him! he's such a talented actor! he's one of my favoriye charectors on LOST!

i love him! his acting is awesome. he can be funny, sexy, fearless, scared, worried and a whole bunch of other emotions on screen. he just makes LOST such a better show! where would all the other castaways be without their leader? someones got to make decisions. he just a good actor and has a great charector to play! i dont know who i like better, jack or matthew. probably both the same. people juust love him and it does help him that he is very HOT!!!!! lol
  • Matt is sooo hot and talented perfect match.

Matt is like the fittest man on earth he is soo hot. I could watch and look at him all day. He would definatly be my reason for staying in bed. ;) Also he is soo talented he is such a great actor, but lost is definatley his best performance. Sexy and talented cant get a better match. I wish i were stuck on an island with him. no one else. His wife is so so lucky. Im am so his biggest fan. If i ever met him I would be thinking i were imagining it. He's so fit. He is even fitter than chad michael murray and i used to think that were impossible so i was wrong.
  • Good looking, good actor!

Since I saw him first on Party of Five I learned to love him. I watched while he grew up and he became a great actor. He has a lot of talent and can play so much different characters.

And the way he looks... well that is a plus too!

Also he seems a really nice regular guy. Doesn't get in problems that we know of and tries to keep his personal live what it is: personal.

In lost he is excellent. He understands his character and had give him a great personality, just the guy that you will want to introduce to you family.

I hope will get to see a lot more of him as he continues to grow as a person and a professional.

• an incredibly talented actor!

matthew fox has been the main reason for me to watch "party of five" and now he plays my favourite character in "lost" (which has a lot to do with his great performance). o.k., he is a very good looking guy but there is a lot in his appearance that goes way beyond this.

he adds so much depth, warmth and humanity and still unpredictability to the character of jack in "lost". he first is introduced as being some kind of superhuman hero but the more the show is brought forward, the more he is shown as a character not being that perfect, struggeling inner demons and doubts, seeming to be losing it at times, suggesting that there have been things going on in the past wherein he has made some terrible mistakes and lapses.

i think matthew fox is doing wonderful, brilliant and most credible acting dealing with the complexity and ambivialence of jack shepard. the more he loses his perfection, the more he shows his vunerability the more lovable he gets in my opinion.

that is why i think "white rabbit" to be one of the best episodes of season 1. the scenes with matthew fox in the focus are absolutely striking (for instance the sheer horror he shows when he first sees he father in the jungle, then seeming to shrink to be a little boy again when he asks "dad?". the scene where he is crying when he sees his father dead and takes this crying back to the present, the scene where he is trying to convince the woman at the airline desk to allow him to take the coffin of his father home. ...).

i'm looking forward to hopefully many more seasons of "lost" with many more scenes like that and i really hope, that matthew fox is going to have a major breakthrough to big screen one day!

• What an actor and what a show!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it wasnt for lost i would never have known about this talented actor. The same goes for the other members of lost. I think that the show is amasing, but without the actors and actress's they have now, the show would be crap. Im not so sure about the new girl who just came in on series 2 because she isnt really out of the original cast, but thats probably because she is new. She might even become as good as the others but that would mean shed have to be the best. Im just glad i av something to do on tuesday nights. And i have to say, id be lost without it, wouldnt you?
  • This guy is cool.

Matthew Fox is a very talented actor, and he is proving it on Lost, the hit television series in wich he stars.
    I honestly don't why he didn't win any award for his perfomance. Why people like to give all the attention to Desperate Housewives?
    Lost is a better show, with better actors and better stories.
  • OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how sxc is matt i think ive suddenly found love ! he is such a hottie wow anyone else who agrees add me to ur msn badtastechick@hotmail.com

matt is the sexiest guy on lost im his biggest fan i think he is even sexierthan david beckham and he is gorgeous. i so want to meet him! id love to be stuck on an island with him id make sure he is never board! matt if you ever read this give me a text weetie ! 07947375824 i love matthew fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brilliantly captivating.

I'd have to say Matthew Fox is one of my all-time favorite actors. He's got natural talent, which definitely breaks through in his role on the hit TV series, LOST, where he plays the heroic doctor, Jack Shepard. Matthew never ceases to amaze me in his performances on that show. He fits the part perfectly and had any other actor gotten it, the show wouldn't be nearly as good as it is now. I've never seen anything else that he stars in, but I'm sure he's got quite a career ahead of him.
  • Matthew Fox is a very talented actor.

One of the reasons I love to watch "Lost" is because of Matthew Fox. I like the character he plays (Jack), it suits him, it is a perfect fit. I liked him as Charlie on "Party of Five". It is nice to see him again and on another hit television show. I was sad when "Party of Five" was over because I wouldn't see him anymore. He is very talented and I am glad he was cast as Jack. I know he tried out for the part of Sawyer, Holloway is a great pick for that part as well, Matthew is the only one I could see playing Jack. I hope nothing bad happens to his character on Lost.
  • Matt or Charlie in Party of Five was always one of my favorite actors growing up. Don't get me wrong I started watching POF because of the lovely Neve Campbell but once I started watching the show, I decided that was the type of person I wanted to be.

Matthew is an outstanding actor and I have been waiting to see him in something great like Lost every since the last episode of POF went of the air. He had this greatness about him in POF that let you know that he could play any role. It's just a shame that it has took this long to get him back in the act so long but it was worth the wait. Great show awesome actor. Also, it would be great if we could get Scott Wolfe involved into Lost.
  • Matthew Fox is a fine, talented actor with a great range at dramatic performance.Strong on-screen presence. This actor should be doing more feature films!

I remember him in Party of Five and looks like he has evolved even further as a fine actor. I wonder if Jack and Kate will finally hook up for real in the Second Season. I am thinking that Anna Lucia, if not Kate, will get together with Jack. Matthew Fox should be doing more features films. He has strong on-screen presence and is a talented actor indeed.
< 1 2 3