Matthew Perry

Forums: Matthew Perry Board: Matthew Perry Quips and Quotes

[1]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 78
    As per site guidelines of having just 10 quotes per editorless person guide and my personal preference of having at most 15 quotes for all person guides I edit, I transferred some of the interesting quotes previously found in the Quotes section of the guide. If you wish to submit a new quote, either do it on this thread or kindly PM me before replacing any of the existing quotes on the Quotes section. Thanks!

Matthew: (on whether or not he's looking for a wife) No. If one happens to walk by me I'll marry her.

Matthew: (on working in "Studio 60") Everywhere you look there's talented funny people.

Matthew: I've just found out there are pages on the internet dedicated to whether I'm gay or not.

Matthew: I really lived life to its fullest and that got me in trouble from time to time.

Matthew: (joking about the kind of woman he's looking for) I'm looking for rich, very very wealthy. I'm looking for someone who can play Hockey better than I can. So I don't know why I haven't been able to find this. A rich Hockey player woman? Why should I be having a problem.

Matthew: (on working on the show "Scrubs") It was kind of an offer to do both,'Come be on Scrubs and we'll let you direct'. The show runner, Bill Lawrence, wrote for the first year of Friends. He's been a friend for a long time.

Matthew: (on weather or not the cast of "Friends" would reunite in the set of "Joey") No, that's not come up. I think that's gonna come up a little bit later, once they really get going. Maybe in Year 2, we'll pop by.

Matthew: (on his chemistry with fellow "Studio 60" co-star Bradley Whitford) I can't really take much credit for it because it was just pretty easy, I mean, for whatever reason the chemistry between Brad and I works.

Matthew: (on dating someone you work with) It's certainly a bad thing, a bad idea in general to get in a relationship with someone you work with because you're going to break up and it's going be bad and you're going to have to see the person every day, but I don't want to say that and then cut to four years from now I'm married to Courtney Cox and then they'll play that at the wedding.

Matthew: (on shooting the last episode of "Friends") Yeah we shot the last one, very emotional evening. Now we kind of have to make an appointment when we want to see each other.

Matthew: (on what he did after "Friends") I has a couple of years off, where I worked a little bit but mostly, I mean, I had ten years doing this show, so I kind of just enjoyed myself, I traveled a little bit, and kind of chilled for a while. It was nice. And now that time is way over.

Matthew: (on his character's story line on "Scrubs") My character's a loser. That was fun to play. The story line is my father needs a kidney and I have to give him one of mine. We have a contentious relationship and I don't want to give it to him.

Matthew: As an actor, being on autopilot is the worst thing possible.

Matthew: (on shaking off his character Chandler on "Friends") If you're fortunate enough to portrait a certain character on Television for a long period of time people are going to attach your face to that character, I don't know how we rise above it, I don't know how we get past it, but one of the things we do as actors is we look for good material and different characters in order to change it up a little bit and I think that Studio 60 represents that for me.

Matthew: (when asked what time has taught him about Jennifer Aniston) That she's the worst driver in the history of drivers. If I know she's going somewhere, I stay home.

Matthew: (on directing) I'd like to follow in the footsteps of young Zach Braff and direct a movie someday, I found that directing a one-camera show has taught me enough to possibly fake my way through directing my own little movie.

Matthew: I was like: I'm going to ask Julia Roberts out but I'm going to be very nervous about it. Then she said yes, I got even more nervous.

Matthew: (joking about his thoughts about the "Friends" ending) I thought that everybody should move out and that I should stay [laughs] We'd call the show Friend.

Matthew: The funniest thing is when somebody says "Look I've no idea who you are but my friend said you are on a show and I just wanted to introduce myself" you know that they are lying! Those people can just get out of my way.

Matthew: Actually, as a kid I wanted to be a tennis player, but I wasn't good enough, so I became an actor. Since then, I've just been lip-locking with gorgeous babes. So, let that be a lesson to all you little tennis players out there.

Matthew: I used to be a real Prince Charming if I went on a date with a girl. But then I'd get to where I was likely to have a stroke from the stress of keeping up my act. I've since learned the key to a good date is to pay attention on her.

Matthew: I can tell if someone is talking to me because I'm on Friends or cause they just think I'm neat. You know I don't think I've ever spent more than five or ten minutes with somebody who was ogling me because they recognized me from the show.
    Edited on 07/30/2008 2:19am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 1
    thats our favorite friend i hope to see more of matthew since 17 again i laughed so hard i hope he dose something new
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.