Matthew Perry

Matthew Perry Fan Reviews (61)

• Matthew Perry-True Magic

Its not everyday that you come across an actor as talented,witty and charasmatic as Matthew Perry.Not to mention versatile.Placed in any charactor role,he can steal the show, sometimes with a sly oneliner,sometimes simply with an expression.He made working a joy for his co-stars in friends,and certainly knew how to work the audience.And to top it all off,the media love him.Stood by him when he went through the painkiller saga,not a single disrespectfull comment.Any man that can have the world at his feet,through thick and thin,is truley amazing.
  • empty

i think he's the best in "friends" along with Jennifer aniston
  • empty

Matthew Perry really made a name for himself when he was one of the six stars on the wildly popular "Friends." His sense of comedic timing is very well honed and he always brings a sense of originality to his television and film roles.
  • he's my number 1 reason for watching friends

everyone in friends is great and funny but matthew is my top favorite among them. he's wickedly funny and really cute. he's the guy-next-door type but he still looks hot. matthew looks neat and simple and he is loved for those things. he also looks very natural and you shouldnt doubt his talents.
  • The funniest one from Friends

He played Chandler Bing in 2 shows, most famously Friends, but was also playing the SAME character in the classic 90's sitcom Caroline in The City. He also did Beverley HIlls 90210 and Ally McBeal too, but is probably best remembered for Friends. He was once notoriously in the news for his addiction to pain killers, and became painfully thin at one stage but he came through that with flying colours. He's made numerous films, and even tried his hand at Directing an episode of Scrubs entitles My Unicorn. He is so talented, that it sholdn've been him to get his spinoff when friends ended in 2004.
  • Could he BE more Chandler?

Well, actually, it seems that he can do other roles. Often when an actor does one role for a long time, they get typecast, and end up playing that role in various incarnations, in all the shows that they're in. But Matthew Perry has moved on from Chandler in his new role as Matt Albie.

Don't get me wrong; I liked him as Chandler. He was funny, and that's not as easy as it seems. His new character seems to be completely different, though, and that's a good thing. It will allow him to show that he ~is~ more than Chandler. Even though he's playing a writer on a comedy show, I just didn't get the impression that he's going to be the same character at all.
  • Mattew i hope to see you soon!

Hi man,

I have watched everything of u, some is good some a little less. I did like "Go on" to bad that was canceled! I hope to see you soon in a new show, perhaps something like "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" that was just an amazing show! it seems the ratings are not on your side, but as fans we are and i truly hope you find the next big thing for you to star in, so we can see you act as often as possible!

Kind regards,

Raymond
  • He makes comedy what it is...

I love to watch him act, and I know him best from his role playing on Friends. He is witty, has this silly slanted smile that goes along with his comedic role-playing. I enjoy watching him act, I can barely keep my face from turning red when he's acting... now that's a great entertainer! Keep it up Perry!
  • A truly gifted actor who surprises me every time.

I find heard of Matthew Perry the same way many did I am sure, from Friends. I was a huge fan of the show and I always thought Chandler was funny enough but by the 4th season or so he had become my favourite character. His comiic timing was great but what I fell in love with was how sweet and compassionate his character could be while staying within Chandler's rehlm. I watched the 9 and 10 yards movies and wasn't too impressed it was mostly just the Chandler character in a different setting. It wasn't until very recently that I reaised Matthew Perry full range of talent. In the new drama Studio 60 he plays a character who is funny and dark and emotional to the point where I can no longer see Chandler when I look at him. Now when I watch Friends reruns I find myself looking for Matt Albie (Matt's Studio 60 character). I never really thought of Perry as a dramatic actor, but since Studio 60 I have become so impressed with his dramatic skills that I hardly notice the other characters. I know that Studio 60 had not done well with the critics or ratings but if this show does nothing else besides showcasing Matt Perry and allows him to do some more dramatic roles, then I think this show has served its purpose
  • empty

Matthew Perry is a really good actor. He acts really well in shows like "Friends" or "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip" which are really cool. I really think that he is a good actor, his way of acting and his style is something unique and something very entertaining if you ask me. I think that he has a lot of future coming ahead, he is kind of cool!
  • Review on the actor Matther Perry.

Matthew Perry is a highly talented actor.
    He is most famous for his role on Friends, Chandler Bing.
    He acted it brillantly, and with such affection.
    Matthew Perry also starred in one of my personal favourites, The Whole Nine Yards, also starring Bruce Willis.

Unfortunately he grew addicted to Paracetamol, but now he has overcome it, and is carrying on with his acting career, and hopefully we will see him in more television series and movies.
  • OK

Mathew best know as Chandler from friends. He had his problems just like ever one else. He is not any thing spatular but he is better then others. I think his real problem is that he ever chose a role that suits him. Like Chandler did but so of his movies role could have been picked better then what they were. He is good but not great. He real just needs work basicity. He has the same problem as so many other he just ever go for what he is good at which is fine. If someone asked in one word how you explain, Mathew Perry and I would say good.
  • Easily the most underrated actor ever! He needs to be in more movies!!

matthew Parry is one of the funniest and best actors ever and nobody can disagree with that. I loved him in friends(Chandler Bing) which I think was his biggest role of his acting career. I hope I can see him in future movies to come and mabey a new show or two. I can't recall that iv'e seen him in any movies i did see one with him but I can't recall what movie was named but it was pretty good but it got a pretty bad rating..But I can't wait to see what his next role will be. So buh bye
  • Love you Chandler Bing.

Hi Matthew: I am your biggest fan when you were Chandler Bing on "Friends". This past Christmas was not a very good one for me so when I was feeling down I would choose my favorite episodes of "Friends" and you would make me laugh so many times, especially when "Eddie" wouldn't move out. You are the greatest in whatever you do Matthew, keep up the good work. I love you. Your facial expressions and body language are priceless.

Joyce from Rochester Hills, Michigan
  • Love you Chandler Bing.

Joyce from Rochester Hills, Michigan
  • Great on "Friends" only

Funny. Picks really bad movies and tv shows.
  • He is really great! The funiet guy ever!

Matthew is great! One of the funiest actors I have ever seen in my entire life! Who can forget Chandler Bing? He was absolutelly fabulous in Friends! So funny! And in Studio 60 he was the best at the show! Very charming!
    Well, despite being very funny, he is also very handsome and charming. And he also seems to be a very sociable and cool person. I really wanted to meet him.
    Well, I really do like him and I think that he is an incredible actor. And I also think that he should do more works on TV because he is a little "missing"
  • One funny man.

I first knew I loved Matt Perry when I watched Friends for the first time ever. His funny jokes brought me back for another episodes then another and another until I was hooked for life. The way he can act makes you believe he is that person and you aren't watching TV or a movie but if you are there watching it as it happens. With his amazing performance on Friends I am going to give Studio 60 a chance this coming monday when it premiers right after Deal or No Deal. If you haven't seen this truely amazing guy I advise you do it RIGHT now. Could he BE any funnier? in the words of Chandler Bing.
  • Sme6en e

Born in Williamstown, Mass., and raised in Ottawa, Ontario, Matthew Perry had his first taste of acting when he was in the seventh grade. He recalls, "After I got my first laugh on stage, I was hooked."

At age 15 he moved to Los Angeles to live with his father, actor John Bennett Perry. Matthew's interest in acting increased after he performed in several high-school stage productions. In addition to acting, he excelled at tennis -- he was rated No. 17 nationally in the junior singles category, and he and his partner were ranked No. 3 in doubles competition.

After his graduation, Perry had intended to enroll at the University of Southern California, but when he was offered a leading role on the television series "Boys Will Be Boys," he seized the opportunity to begin his chosen career. His other TV-series credits include regular roles on "Home Free" and "Sydney" as well as a recurring part on "Growing Pains." He guest-starred on such series as "Beverly Hills, 90210," "Who's the Boss?", "The Tracey Ullman Show," "Empty Nest" and "The John Larroquette Show."

His TV movies include "Deadly Relations," "Call Me Anna" and "Dance 'til Dawn." Among his feature films are "A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon," "She's Out of Control," "Parallel Lives" and the movies "Fools Rush In" and "Edwards and Hunt: The First American Road Trip" with Chris Farley.

In addition to acting, Perry enjoys writing. He sold his first pilot, "Maxwell's House," to Universal Television recently. His other interests include playing ice hockey and softball.
  • Matthew Perry who playes Chandler Bing! Excellent actor!

Before I became a Friends-addict, I liked "Chandler" the least of all of the caracters... But as time went by, and I gre older ;) I liked him more and more..
    Matthew Perry is really talented, and SOOO funny! I've seen clips from the set of Friends, where he ruins scenes for the others by doing or saying something really hilarious! I do not know where he get's it from. :D
    At the same time he is a very good seriuos actor, and he can play all kinds of emotions.
    He is really terrific (and good-looking)! And I miss Chandler :(
  • I can only say that I love him...

The first time I saw friends He makes me laugh in every joke he made. Since then I've been watching Friends almost everyday. He is one of the most talented characters of the tv and one of the most funnies guys I ever heard. But he had reached to make me cry when he declares his love for Monica. He is a great actor and although all his entries in rehab now he is comletely good. I started loving him since the first chapter of friends and now that the serie has ended I still love him, He was my first TV love...I miss him!!! I feel lucky because today the spanish tv puts for first time Studio 60!!!
  • this guy is a realy good actor!

He was a great actor on friends! He was great for 10 years making me laugh and cry for two year cause (i just found out about the show two years before it ended) but i will always remember his jokes on friends i know that he dident realy come up with theem but still he was realy realy realy good! and he is great on his new show studio 60 . but if they bring back friends (movie or a phew episodes of show) i will be sure to watch his peformense cause he was my favorite actor on friends (besides lisa kudrow)
  • Matthew Perry remains one of the most sarcastic comedians alive and in good standing =D!

Since the beginning of friends, I have enjoyed Matthew's lively sense of humor, he always makes me laugh! I have watched him in several other movies where he shows the same vibrant attitude. It was really depressing to find out that Friends was finishing its series at the end of the ten years. I suppose that shows cannot last forever. Kudos to the actors, directors, and all that participants that made Friends a show to be recognized even today still. It connects you to the characters in a profound way you would never imagine. Oh, =D, just a side note...I own all ten seasons!
  • i love him

Matthew perry is a great actor. he is one of the funniest actors. i love him. he was my favorite on friends and it doesn't hurt that he's so cute too.
    but i think he's not only funny and can do dramatic or more intense thing than comedy. and he can definitely make me cry. he is actually the only one on friends (apart from the finale) that made me cry. it was the one with the birth mother when he talks to Erica to convince her to give him and Monica a shot at adopting their baby, Matthew made me cry so much, the way he talked, his tone was just right on. and he has another quality for me that i cannot overlook, we share the same birthday!lol. i know not really a quality, but still;)
    well that's why i love him anyway!
  • Very snazy dude

I grew up on Friends and Mathew Perry has to be my favorite charcter on the show. (Truth be told I hated Chadler when I was little, now he's my fovorite) He plays the charcter so well and is a really funny guy. I also like the few movies that he has done and hope he ends up doing more soon!
  • Chandler Bing

Not many words can describe him, with all that he did on Friends and what he is doing for the new show studio on the Sun Set strip. Matthew Perry is by far by favorite actor to ever to any work in a sitcom. As my faovrite character on television ever is Chandler Bing, the role he played so well back in the 90's and 00's
  • Go On

I lost my son a year ago and I have never laughed so hard. I could actually relate to the characters. It was better than going to see my Shrink! I cant wait to see further episodes. This is an awesome show!
  • he's Matthew Perry!

he's brilliant, besides from Friends he's still hilarious. It's sucks because he's so talented, but it's difficult to get rid of 'Chandler'. I liked Chandler and I'm sure he doesn't regret getting that role, but people compare him to that. Besides that, Matthew Perry is a genius and very witty; my friend and I look up to him. He's awesome
  • HE is one of the bestest actors since this sitcom in 94' i used to watch this all the time whenn i was kid very funny.

a aa a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a aaaadad asd fasd fa sdfasdf asd fa sd f a sd f as df ads f ads fasd fa dsf asd fasd f asd fas df asd fa sdf asd fa sdf a s df asd fas df asdfasd fa sd f sa df asd f asdf as dfa sdf as df asd fasdf ads fasd f asd f adsf asdf asdfasd f as df ads fasd f asdfas dfasdfadsfa sdf asdf asd f sadfasdfads fasd f asd fsd dfsa sa sa a a a a a
  • His role on Friends was monumental. ...he quotes Mr.T! Hilarious.

Matthew is a huge huge actor. His role on "Friends" was monumental. Easily the best actor on that series. Pity he hasn't starred on any other series... yet.

Haven't seen him on any other movies beside "The Whole Nine Yards" and it's successor "The Whole Ten Yards" (as Oz), but one thing is sure, he's gifted for comedy!

While on "Friends" he was addicted to Vicadin (like House) and Alcohol which makes his role even more memorable.

To me his best remark on "Friends" was when we was wearing a bracelet given to him by Joey and he quotes Mr.T! Hilarious.

By the way, I saw somewhere someone saying that he can sing too!
< 1 2 3