Mia Kirshner

Mia Kirshner Fan Reviews (5)

• "I Live Here" - Mia's New Book

Mia Kirshner's much anticipated 'I Live Here', is a unique paper documentary brought to life in collaboration with J.B MacKinnon, Paul Shoebridge, and Michael Simons. It's a publication of the I Live Here Foundation- a foundation dedicated to telling the stories of silenced and unheard people through a series of books and other media projects about our world- and will be released this October. Here's a quick note from the publisher!

"I LIVE HERE (Pantheon Books/October 14, 2008/$29.95) is a visually stunning paper documentary, in which the lives of refugees and displaced people become at once personal and universal. It is a raw and intimate journey to crises in four corners of the world: war in Chechnya, ethnic cleansing in Burma, globalization in Mexico, and AIDS in Malawi.The voices we encounter are those of displaced women and children, told in their own words or by noted writers and artists, including Joe Sacco, Ann-Marie MacDonald, Phoebe Gloeckner, Chris Abani, and many others. Threaded throughout these accounts is Mia Kirshner's intimate travel narrative, brought vividly to life in collaboration with writer J.B. MacKinnon and designers Paul Shoebridge and Michael Simons.This groundbreaking book is but one element of a larger project known as the I Live Here Foundation, committed to establishing creative writing programs for marginalized people. Further information is available at i-live-here.com"

Please visit Causecast.org (http://causecast.org/leader/mia-kirshner) to read Mia's blog entries with even more information about 'I Live Here' including photos, trailers and also the new I Live Here Foundation that she has set up in order to help fund creative writing programs in the areas she and her partners have visited. If you would like to donate to the foundation, you can do so through Causecast.org or through the official I Live Here website (http://i-live-here.com/)