Michael J. Fox

Michael J. Fox Fan Reviews (24)

• One of the best.

Love him and his attitude about life.Great actor.
  • When people ask me to name actors and actresses I admire, the name Michael J. Fox is always on the list.

The very first time that I believe I saw MJF on screen was where he was playing a Doogie Howser-type character who was a very young medical genius. The next thing was "Family Ties", which ended up being one of my very favourite shows. His portrayal of Alex P. Keaton was flawless.

On top of that, of course, there were 3 excellent performances in the "Back to the Future" trilogy where he made Marty McFly a household name.

It was while filming "Doc Hollywood" in the early 90s that he first developed the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease. We have all followed his fight against this debilitating illness and I strongly admire the way that he uses his celebrity to help in the battle for funding and reserach. Married to actress Tracy Pollan and the father of four, Michael is also a writer and still appears on our screens on a semi-regular basis. I certainly wish him well and am grateful to have been able to follow the work of such a talented actor.
  • talented

I've only seen Michael J. Fox in the Back to the Future trilogy, and in his two appearances on Scrubs, but it is pretty clear he is a talented actor. I hope to see him someday in Spin City and Family Ties. I have a lot of respect for him because he is a great actor, and his battle with Parkinson's Disease, he remains tough throughout it, which shows bravery. I like him a lot as an actor and he is one of the few famous people in the world I wish I could meet. I hope they find a cure for Parkinson's someday, not just for him, but for everyone who has it
  • He has an impressive CV, for certain...

...but as far as performance goes, nothing tops "Alex P. Keaton" for me! Mainly because I am almost totally opposed to anything that character stood for, and yet MJF made him likable if not always lovable. I think the other thing I liked about comedy of that time, was that when you do selfish things, it comes back to you. It made the characters, like "Alex" more human somehow; unlike today's mean comedy for mean's sake. Spin City was also a little piece of brilliance, and probably the last decent sitcom on TV; largely thanks to Michael J Fox, his smart story lines and characters you wanted to see.

BttF was a good movie, though there were some I could have left...

But his enduring legacy will be his spirit, which showed itself in his work long before he was compelled to show it in his life. He works hard for the right reasons and that's why he gets the right results.

An admirable man and an admirable performer.
  • One to remember.

Michael J. Fox is a terrific actor. I have plenty of respect for him and what he's done in his career. He's been really good in everything he's been in and I have to say that I can't think of one time where he hasn't been great. I best would remember Michael in the Back to the Future trilogy. He was great as Marty McFly and I can't imagine anyone else playing that role better than him. He instantly made that movie a classic. I don't think that it would have been as successful without him. I respect him for being open about his Parkinsons disease and I think that he's been very much a class act in trying to find a cure. Michael will always be one of my favorite actors. Thank you.
  • Man is talented.

He's before my time but in what ever i've seen him i enjoyed very much so. I had no idea that he was from Canada, for some reason i just thought he was from the united states of american. Sadly though, not so long ago, he was dianosed with some weird dieseae. I think it has something to do with why he looks so young while he's like in his late 40's. With the health problem we ain't gonna see him as much any more. He's trying to find a cure. But we haven't heard nothing esle on the matter of life or death.
  • This guy rocks!

Michael J. Fox has got to be one of the greatest actors ever! He is just so talented. He is actually an acting role-model for me. Yes, going for acting, but I'll probably never be as good as he is. It's just too bad that he had to stop acting.
  • very talented.

From Family Ties, to Back To The Future and then Spin City, Micheal J. Fox has always been at his best, a very talented actor who act in both movie and tv at the same time and never miss a beat, Its just so sad that his has Parkinson's Disease. He is always so involved in what he does. If any one can find a cure its him.
  • empty

Great actor. He knows how to act, and the best is that he can act in a lot of younger roles and he makes perfect roles, he was excellent in Back to the future, which is an awesome movie. I really think that he is one of the best actors ever, and that he really knows how to do his job. Sadly, he was diagnose with a sickness and he has been unable to act in more movies, but still he is cool!
  • empty

love his work i have seen most of his movies and they are great he has over come trials in his life and he still keeps going his book was great he has great courge and is so good on screen
  • MJF left Burnaby Central High in 1979 when he was 18 in grade 12. Start career when he is 15 in 1976, Leo and Me, which environment makes him to get parkinson's in 1991 in his age of 30. Married Tracy Pollan in 1988.7.16. has 4 chldren. Good idol, courage

Courageous. good person. really reply to whoever fanmail he received from. his book helps people to understand his life and know him more. I mean Lucky Man. Serious boy, girls would love him 4 life. Marry Tracy for nearly 19 yrs still not divorced. Jealous from me and some girls. I love this guy...Spin City, without him, isn't SC anymore! Frighteners without him isn't original film. MJF is a good person, pity that he got Parkinsons'. Poor Mikey. I am willing to devote my love and heart to support this person, he worths it. Love him please. I love him
  • empty

Michael J. Fox is one of my all time favourite actors, not just for his role in Back to the Future, the Frighteners and the Conceirge, but also because he's refused to give up when it could have been easy to do so.
  • Great!

Michael J Fox is an amazing actor and you can tell he loves what he does! (exactly what a good actor needs) I've not seen many of his movies but the few I have seen I absoloutly loved. He can manage such a range of completely different characters and pulls them off perfectly!
  • Who doesn’t love Back to the Future? "Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"

He will always be Marty McFly in my book. I love this guy and I get excited whenever I hear of him guest starring on a sitcom or a voice actor for a movie. Plus we cannot forget his awesome role as Alex from Family Ties. He always gives a 100% in everything he does, and I hope all goes well for him.
  • I love him!!!!

If anyone is the image of talent and great acting, it has to be Michael J. Fox. He is by far the greatest actor of them all. I first saw Back to the Future when I was a little girl and I still loved him. As well as being really cute, having a really great voice, and being fun to watch, you really have to admire him. I watched his commentary on the BTTF trilogy and only then could I really appreciate how hard he worked to be on both Family Ties and BTTF at the same time. Working day and night is really heroic, and although he was tired he managed to make everything look completely effortless!
  • One of my favorite actors of all time.

Michael J. Fox is a great actor. Everything he acts in is good. Even if the story is not too good, he does his best to make it good. From very early in his career, I could tell that he was a great actor. His role as Alex Keaton in the show Family Ties is one of my all-time favorite characters in the history of televison. I think the best example of how good his acting is would be the episode of Family Ties called "A, My Name Is Alex." As he grew up, he was in many movies. Some of these were not too good, but his acting was always very good. His next big sit-com was Spin City. He played Michael Flaherty. While I don't think that this role was as good as Alex from Family Ties, Michael made this character, and the show, fun to watch. Unfortunately, after doing this show for four seasons, Michael was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, and had to leave the show. He does appear in some cartoon movies, but to think that he will not be doing the great acting that he was doing throughout his short but extensive career is very sad. I feel sad that he has the disease, and I feel sad that he won't get to do as much acting as he used to. If you get the chance to see any of his works, I encourage you to do so. I don't think you will be disappointed.
  • Loved since Family Ties All-around nice guy doesn't hurt as well

I have loved him since Family Ties
    As well as being an all-around nice guy
    Doing good work for the cause of Parkinson's
    He maybe kept it a secret due to being rejected roles but hey
    Sometimes good deeds are worth it
    Didn't like at first I admit
    But then he seemed like a nice person
    Both on and off screen
    Glad that he is with the same person
    His on-screen girlfriend in Family Ties Tracy Pollan
    Good for Michael!
  • HE IS AWESOME!

michael j fox has been awesome in every tv show or movie he has been in. best character on spin city,ruled in all the back to the futures. put simply, the man is a one of the greatest actors of all time and i wish they would give him another tv show!
  • Unlike anyone else.

This man is one of a kind. No one else will ever compare to him. His presence on screen is unlike any other I have ever seem. He is successful in whatever he does. All his roles/ movies/ shows will become classics if they are not already. I hope that everyone else will love him as much as I do.
  • MJF is one of the greatest around...

I cannot even begin to describe how much I love this man - he's so talented and such a great guy (I've read his book so many times that I've lost count).
    Words cannot explain how great this man is - he's greatly missed in the movie and tv world, although he does do some good childrens movies (Journey to Atlantis and Stuart Little).
    Spin City was one of my all time favourite shows, I adore Back To The Future and even enjoy some of his less-known films. Because I live in England, I haven't had a chance to see Family Ties, but I'm trying to find a way...
    And I loved his appearance in Scrubs - very welcome.
  • MJF is definitely one of my personal favorites. He is very talented and a great actor.

I can't find enough words to describe Michael J. Fox. First off, he's one of the best talented actors ever. Whatever TV show or movie or whatever he's in, is pure greatness. I never get bored of watching him or any of his work. Not only that, but he's an inspiration to everyone about living a great life. He has Parkinson's and look at him! He's doing great, and is always happy. I can't think of anyone really who has a disease and is really happy about it except him. I wish him the best of luck with finding a cure for his disease!
  • This man is awsome!

Wow i am so happy that he is cured! I would hate to see him get worse! He has kids and he loves them to death and they love him to death! I first saw him in the Show Family Ties and the movie Back to the Future! They both rock hard! They are Classics to the end nothin can change that!
  • What a star, this man is such a great actor, he blows my mind every time i see him perform...

Michael J Fox is such a talented actor, with some great credits to his name, my favourite being the Back to the future trilogy. He is a brilliant actor and despite being diagnosed with Parkinsons disease hasn't given up. he continues to act now and has set up the Michael J Fox foundation for the research into parkinsons disease.

He is a great actor, catch his films because they rule!
  • Anything he touches - turns into a hit

You’ve gotta love Michael J. Fox. He’s a pint sized talent – and I mean that in the most respectable way that can gather laughs wherever he performs. And he makes it seem so easy.

If it has his name on it, you can bet its going to be a hit. When you think of Family Ties, the first thing that comes to mind is the signature character of “Alex P. Keaton”.

Its no wonder that when Fox returned to television with the series Spin City that the ABC sitcom took off as a hit as well. I’d love to see more of Mr. Fox, but naturally his recent interest has slowed his appearance schedule tremendously. Regardless, he’s still a major talent.