Michael J. Fox

Michael J. Fox Fan Reviews (24)

• When people ask me to name actors and actresses I admire, the name Michael J. Fox is always on the list.

The very first time that I believe I saw MJF on screen was where he was playing a Doogie Howser-type character who was a very young medical genius. The next thing was "Family Ties", which ended up being one of my very favourite shows. His portrayal of Alex P. Keaton was flawless.

On top of that, of course, there were 3 excellent performances in the "Back to the Future" trilogy where he made Marty McFly a household name.

It was while filming "Doc Hollywood" in the early 90s that he first developed the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease. We have all followed his fight against this debilitating illness and I strongly admire the way that he uses his celebrity to help in the battle for funding and reserach. Married to actress Tracy Pollan and the father of four, Michael is also a writer and still appears on our screens on a semi-regular basis. I certainly wish him well and am grateful to have been able to follow the work of such a talented actor.