Michael Rennie

Michael Rennie Fan Reviews (1)

• Michael Rennie was a terrific character actor who should have been a leading man. He never became the huge star that he seemed destined to become after his first US film, "The Day the Earth Stood Still", became a huge success and put his name on the map.

Michael Rennie was a terrific character actor who should have been a leading man. His acting talents seem to have been deeply underrated, and he never became the huge star that he seemed destined to become after his first US film, "The Day the Earth Stood Still", became a huge success and put his name on the map. He had a powerful screen presence, a quiet and dignified acting style, and his piercing blue eyes and handsome face surely must have impressed his female audience, yet in spite of these attributes, he never got the kind of juicy leading role again that he did in that first film.
    We lost him too soon due to his death at age 61 of emphysema due to his heavy smoking, and perhaps his ongoing health problems during the years leading up to his death hampered his acting career.
    Regardless, Rennie remains one of my favorite actors and I wish he had enjoyed a greater degree of success, screen recognition and respect for his talents.