Michael Richards (I)

TeaCake911

[1]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 6
    Hey, I'm conflicted.  I'm black, but I loved Seinfeld.  Should I stop watching the reruns or risk the guilt of watching 'em and laughing at Kramer?  Dilemma.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

silvioStrippers

[2]Nov 28, 2006
    Hey pal, whats the dilemma? I think he's sorry, I believe he's stated that a few hundred times already! Although your buddy, the Rev Jackson, (Mr. Shakedown himself) is making the poor guy jump through hoops like some kind of dog! Richards never should have given in to Jacksons antics. He looks foolish now.

TeaCake911

[3]Nov 30, 2006
    Well I actually glad everyone's still buying the Seinfeld DVDs, the whole boycott thing was a little excessive from Jesse. But I've decided to keep watching anyway, cause I've seen/known real racists and Michael Richards doesn't strike me as the type by any stretch. He was just heckler-bombed and unfortunately caught on video during the horrific explosion. Besides, he was only following the Andy Kaufmann 'controversy creates comedy' school of stand-up. He could've actually made the whole routine work before he snapped and let his anger get the better of him-- twas a rookie stand-up comic's mistake that could happen to anybody.

Darth-Revan45

[4]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 20
    silvioStrippers wrote:
    Hey pal, whats the dilemma? I think he's sorry, I believe he's stated that a few hundred times already! Although your buddy, the Rev Jackson, (Mr. Shakedown himself) is making the poor guy jump through hoops like some kind of dog! Richards never should have given in to Jacksons antics. He looks foolish now.

Rember the "Himey Town" thing from Jesse ..

So Kramer said ******, get over it.

Angelwomyn

[6]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 65
    TeaCake911 wrote:
    Well I actually glad everyone's still buying the Seinfeld DVDs, the whole boycott thing was a little excessive from Jesse. But I've decided to keep watching anyway, cause I've seen/known real racists and Michael Richards doesn't strike me as the type by any stretch. He was just heckler-bombed and unfortunately caught on video during the horrific explosion. Besides, he was only following the Andy Kaufmann 'controversy creates comedy' school of stand-up. He could've actually made the whole routine work before he snapped and let his anger get the better of him-- twas a rookie stand-up comic's mistake that could happen to anybody.

He's NOT a rookie stand-up comic, he's done stand-up before and if he can't deal with people not liking his act he is in the wrong business. He went on an anti-Semitic rant too once and then tried to justify it by saying he was Jewish, when actually he isn't.  And we're not just talking about using the n-word here. Invoking lynching is not funny.

RogerC44

[7]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 10

I will find him when he ever comes to Flordia find him and hunt him down.

RogerC44

[8]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 10

TeaCake911 wrote:

You sir need to wake up and smell the fresh air. He is dissing me, you , and Jesus so if your a true black get on your feet and unchain yourself because he has chained you and you don't even notice it.

Szurkulet

[9]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 3
    I mostly agree with Teacake. I'm a fan of controversial humor but the outburst was fairly long and very racist. I don't condemn him though, everyone is a different person and I think it was just a huge mistake for him. We've all said extremely hurtful and uncalled for things to people, even people we love sometimes. It's just extremely unfortunate for MR that it was in public, racist, and on tape.

tabbikattster

[10]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 16
    I agree that it was totally uncalled for and that it was really racist for him to call them n****** but I don't think that not watching Seinfeld will do much.I mean (and this is just my personal opinion) it wasn't Kramer that did that, it was Michael.Seinfeld ended over 8 years ago so I don't think that we should ban from watching it just because one of the actors from it made a really huge mistake, almost 9 years later.And like Szurkulet said, sometimes we say things that are very hurtful, to even people we love and care about.Like I said, that is just my personal opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with me. And I also just think that it was really unfortunate for him to be caught on tape and in public.

cdr12993

[11]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 4
    I don't think hes sorry. It was all a publicity stunt. He had one of those Freudian Slips of the tongue. Thats how he really feels towards black people. Plus he's supposed to be an entertainer, you ignore the hecklers, not shout out racist rants about their race!

Stupidpeople

[12]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 1
    You think he is sorry! Have you even seen the clip? “Fifty years ago we would have you all tied down with forks up your asses!” He spoke what was in his heart, Black people should still be slaves! The only thing Michael is sorry for is that he was caught on camera. I say boycott Seinfeld! If that is the way in which Michael feels about Blacks, we don’t need to patronize their products.

Stupidpeople

[13]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 1
    Sorry he got caught on tape! Nothing else.

shmaller

[15]Feb 14, 2007
    Stupidpeople wrote:
    You think he is sorry! Have you even seen the clip? “Fifty years ago we would have you all tied down with forks up your asses!” He spoke what was in his heart, Black people should still be slaves! The only thing Michael is sorry for is that he was caught on camera. I say boycott Seinfeld! If that is the way in which Michael feels about Blacks, we don’t need to patronize their products.
    You're an idiot!!! Have you EVER heard of a little something called losing your temper? He's sorry for WHAT HE SAID AND THAT HE LOST HIS TEMPER. Not just that he was caught on tape. Is boycotting Seinfeld really going to change the fact that he went on his rant? NO!!! And anyway, Seinfeld's run ended NINE YEARS AGO. His rant just recently happened. How, I ask you, does his rant affect the show? I'm not being rhetorical, I really want you and everyone else reading this to ask themselves: Does something that happened recently affect something that ended nine years ago? I really want you to come up for a response for this one. If you can't, admit that you are wrong.

heman3602

[16]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    I dont see wat boycotting one of the best shows ever has to do w/ this issue or how it will solve any racial problems and if some of u guys dont see that then youre complete morons that played rite into the hands of the biggest ***wipe in America aka Jesse Jackson. Its ironic though that Richards tried to atone for this by seeking help from the biggest racist in America, aka Jesse Jackson. I say lay off of Richards, he screwed up bad and his career's probably over, but how many of u can honestly say that u never thought racist thoughts or said racist words. At the end of the day Richards is trying alot harder to atone then Jackson ever did for his 'Hymie' comments.

panjo23

[17]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yes, in terms of the whole 'should I stop watching this show now' I think that's a ludicrous thing to suggest. Even if the man is a racist it doesn't change the fact that Kramer is an extremely funny character on a great show. It should not change anything. If you found out a member of your favourite band was a paedophille, would you stop listening to the music?

marbles01

[18]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 12
    RogerC44 wrote:

TeaCake911 wrote:

You sir need to wake up and smell the fresh air. He is dissing me, you , and Jesus so if your a true black get on your feet and unchain yourself because he has chained you and you don't even notice it.

He only let the anger get the better of him. It was their fault for talking in the first place.

tvman91693

[20]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    he just lost his cool... he just needed a little help and hopefully got it.

he definitely won't do anything like that again