Milo Ventimiglia

Forums: Milo Ventimiglia Board: Heroes vs. Gilmore Girls

SMGslayer97

[1]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 34

Just out of curiosity what do people perfer so far? I mean, I know Heroes has only just started and Milo had a lot of time on Gilmore Girls but all the same.

So far, I gotta say Gilmore Girls. Jess is irreplaceable.

But I was just curious.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phillipjamal

[2]Sep 29, 2006
    • level: 3
    I'd say Gilmore Girls, Jesse was a great character. But you never know, Heros seems to be a good show and we don't know what they have in store for his character.

SMGslayer97

[3]Oct 2, 2006
    Exactly, it's impossible to chose yet.

zigzo_pazoru

[4]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 7
    Man, I've never seen Gilmore Girls... maybe I should?

SMGslayer97

[5]Oct 5, 2006
    zigzo_pazoru wrote:
    Man, I've never seen Gilmore Girls... maybe I should?

Well, I tell ya you should. For years I fought it. I thought it was another fad show that only lasted for years because of certain dippier tv viewers. Then I gave in, season. And wow! I was hooked. I took back everything I had ever thought.

alibeth25

[6]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 26
    I think it's to early to tell with Heroes. But, I love Jess from Gilmore Girls. I always thought he should end up with Rory. He was such a great character. I loved how he changed from a bad boy who stole money, baseballs, and a garden gnome to an author and a part owner of a book store/art gallery. Milo is a wonderful actor. I can't wait to see more of him in Heroes.
    Edited on 11/14/2006 7:49am

SMGslayer97

[7]Nov 6, 2006
    alibeth25 wrote:
    I think it's to early to tell with Heroes. But, I love Jess from Gilmore Girls. I always thought he should end up with Rory. He was such a great character. I loved how he changed from a bad boy who money, baseballs, and a garden gnome to an author and a part owner of a book store/art gallery. Milo is a wonderful actor. I can't wait to see more of him in Heroes.

I agree. I love Jess and still think he and Rory should end up together. Milo is a stellar actor. He's doing a great job in Heroes, too. I already adore Peter, I kind of did from minute one.

LitCoffee

[8]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 6
    I love Jess on Gilmore Girls, but Milo is needed more on Heroes. Frankly, with the un-steady room on GG, his character could leave without any real loose-ends to deal with. Sure, people would be pissed, I would be pissed, but that's besides the point. Heroes is a great show and is likely to go for longer than just one season (unless it was only written to go a season or something) and they need Milo more then GG does. And  unfortunately, I predict Gilmore Girls only being on screen for a season or two more, due to the unhappiness everyone seems to have with the new writers.

SMGslayer97

[9]Nov 11, 2006
    I agree, about Gilmore Girls. It's gonna be done after this season if not one more. It just seems logical. With all the issues and stuff.

You're right though Milo is more key and upfront on Heroes where as on Gilmore Girls he wasn't really key on Rory.

jayeb

[10]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 7
    actually I don't see that there has to be a choice. Jess and Peter actually have a few things in common (other than the same actor playing them). Both come from interesting family histories that don't seem to be conducive to creating a happy, popular, successful guy (in the traditional sense). both are a bit dreamy and even a touch shy until they get to know someone that seems to accept them on their terms. if the question is 'would you rather that Milo was still playing Jess and not on a new show' then I would say no. Jess's story was told and told well and it's time to let him go and be happy in his new life. And I can't think if anyone that I think would be a better Peter. Milo really has it nailed. He's totally believable as the kid that always dreamed of doing something big and special, partly fueled by an unspoken desire to one up his brother perhaps, to make a real difference in the world (why he wanted to be a nurse perhaps) etc.

green_arrow92

[11]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 20
    I don't watch Gilmore girls so I'm going with heroes.

firefly317

[12]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 23

oh. i love them BOTH!! but i have to say heroes!!

mclp300

[13]Dec 25, 2006
    • level: 2
    i really love heroes...but the thing is jess is the best character ever. i say gilmore girls. except if its for his careeer, then heroes. i just miss jess. im so selfish lol

marksvigil

[14]Dec 26, 2006
    • level: 24
    Its still to early for me to tell.  I love bad boy Jess, I wish he was my boyfriend.. His acting has improved, we shall see.

Hannahs1

[15]Dec 26, 2006
    I can't decide. I absolutely, positively LOVE  Jess onGilmore Girls but I just started watching Heroes, because of Milo of course, so I can't choose between the two yet. Either way I love Milo's character on both shows. Part of it's probably because he's such a good actor. Another part is probably because he is the HOTTEST guy that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Sorry, I have a huge crush on Milo Ventimiglia. Anyways, for now I'd have to pick Gilmore Girls, but who knows. Maybe after seeing more of Heroes I'll like it better.
    Edited on 12/26/2006 10:11pm

alethe16

[16]Dec 27, 2006
    • level: 5

I think Milo is one of the most talented young actors out there right now.  In my opinion, he is the best character every created on Gilmore Girls; he stayed in character better than any of the other characters on the show (and I love the show so that's saying something!).  His Jess was both bad-ass and vulnerable at the same time.  My favorite episodes all include him, and I'm still hoping he's going to come sweep Rory off her feet again before the series ends.  He is her match; way better than Dean or Logan.  They have more in common and better chemistry.

That said, Milo is awesome on Heroes.  Again, he plays his role perfectly.  Peter is one of the most likeable characters on Heroes.  He is one of the most pivotal characters in the show, and hopefully we'll be seeing way more of him.

Has anyone seen him in Rocky Balboa yet?  If I wasn't so turned off by Sylvester Stallone being Rocky yet again, I would have gone to see it just to see Milo playing his son!

Hannahs1

[17]Dec 28, 2006
    I like Heroes better now. What do you know. After seeing more of it I do like it better.

littlematilda

[18]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 12
    Jess will always be my favorite, but I think his story is over on Gilmore Girls. Heroes is an awesome show, and the character appearers to be taking a more challenging direction that should be interesting to watch.

Hannahs1

[19]Jan 12, 2007
    littlematilda wrote:
    Jess will always be my favorite, but I think his story is over on Gilmore Girls. Heroes is an awesome show, and the character appearers to be taking a more challenging direction that should be interesting to watch.
    Just saying on the GG forms we've been talking, fantasizing actually, about "I'd rather be in Philadelphia." We've come up with what we hope. Maybe Rory will get into a major fight with Logan and she will say/think that she'd "rather be in Philadelphia" because she truly loves Jess and he's in Philly. We've also been happy about the Lorelai/Chris split.

SMGslayer97

[20]Jan 15, 2007
    Hannahs1 wrote:
    littlematilda wrote:
    Just saying on the GG forms we've been talking, fantasizing actually, about "I'd rather be in Philadelphia." We've come up with what we hope. Maybe Rory will get into a major fight with Logan and she will say/think that she'd "rather be in Philadelphia" because she truly loves Jess and he's in Philly. We've also been happy about the Lorelai/Chris split.

I know I am thrilled about the Lorelai Chris split...but currently I gotta go with Heroes because I'm still not super pleased with the direction of this season of Gilmore Girls.