Mo Willems

Mo Willems Fan Reviews (3)

6.8
  • While I haven't seen all of his works, I'm pretty fond of most the ones I've seen.

Mo Willems is the creator of "Sheep in the Big City", and the head writer for the first four seasons of "Codename: Kids Next Door". While the premise for Codename: KND doesn't appeal to me, Sheep is one of my favorite cartoons. I won't go deep into it, because you could easily read my review for that show, but I will say here that it is without a doubt one of the smartest, funniest cartoons I've ever watched.

Along with Sheep, I also liked "The Off-Beats", an animated set of shorts that used to come on between shows on Nickelodeon. It isn't an extreme favorite of mine, but they had some nice little shorts.

Mo Willems is also the writer of a few children's books, although I have never seen or read any of them.
  • He's one of the best writers and now he's leaving the Kids Next Door.

I was shocked at him, leaving the show of Mr. Warburton's. Don't listen to The_Hams' review, this kid says that Mo Willems created this show, but he did not, he only created Sheep in the Big City and his own cartoon shorts. When Mr. Warburton emailed one of my friends from the KND forum, he said that Mo is leaving and Mo decided to work on something else. He's one of the best writers and creators in this cartoon world. His show, Sheep in the Big City is one of his kooky, funny cartoons of all time. The ranting swede, the oxy-moron, the General, what else did he work on? He's very talented.

My final comment,

I like his work. I guess he could make his second show.
  • Out of his two shows, I love one and hate the other.

Mo Willems's past is shrouded in mystery...I'm sure if we asked him, he'd tell us, but until then, all that we know is that he came from Italy and moved here, made the famous short The Man Who Yelled, then jumped on the Cartoon Network bandwagon.

His mystery adds to my respect for him.

Now, to his credit, Mo Willems works on two shows on Cartoon Network. They are Sheep in the Big City and CodeName: Kids Next Door.

Sheep was clever. The humor was funny and all, but it got cancelled real quick, despite raving applause from critics.

Kids, however, is one show I dislike. Although it is mildly entertaining, the plot is hideous. "Kids save the world from adults." Not my favorite. No. And whenever it tries to be funny, it fails. Unlike Sheep, that was funny all the time, using an interesting brand of humor no one had ever seen before.

And, about that other review, Mo may not have created KND, but he is one of the writers and one of the biggest authoroties on it, until he apparently quit (thank bob).

So that's what I think of good ol' Mo. One show stunk, the other rocked. But, I have to give Mo credit. Even when Mo gets handed a deadbeat plot like that of Kids, he turns it into something mildly entertaining. Maybe he should make a third show...this guy makes good stuff.