Mr. T

Mr. T Fan Reviews (9)

• a great actor

Mr.T was born Laurence Tureaud on 21 May 1952 in the rough southside ghetto area of Chicago. He is the second to youngest of twelve children (he has four sisters and seven brothers) and grew up in the housing projects of Chicago. His father left when he was 5, and his mother raised the family on $87 a month welfare in a three-room apartment. Mr. T's brothers encouraged him to build up his body in order to survive in the area, and he has commented, "If you think I'm big, you should see my brothers!" His mother is a religious woman, who has had a strong influence on him.
  • A good actor

T, Mr. was born Laurence Tureaud on 21 May 1952 in the rough southside ghetto area of Chicago. He is the second to youngest of twelve children (he has four sisters and seven brothers) and grew up in the housing projects of Chicago. His father left when he was 5, and his mother raised the family on $87 a month welfare in a three-room apartment. Mr. T's brothers encouraged him to build up his body in order to survive in the area, and he has commented, "If you think I'm big, you should see my brothers!" His mother is a religious woman, who has had a strong influence on him. He says, "Any man who don't love his momma can't be no friend of mine." He was an average student in school. "Most of the time", he says, "I stared out the windows, just daydreaming. I didn't study much because I have a photographic memory". Apart from one spell between 5th and 7th grades when he went a little astray - playing hookey, cursing, acting tough, being disrespectful -- he was a well- behaved child. (He worried about how his mother would feel if he ended up in jail, and stayed out of trouble!) He attended Dunbar Vocational High School. He was a college football star, studied martial arts, and was three times city wrestling champion! He won a scholarship to Prairie View A&M University in Texas, but was thrown out after a year. Entered the world of pro wrestling in 1985-86 and 1994-95. Was Hulk Hogan's tag team partner at the first WrestleMania, defeating the team of Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper on March 31, 1985. His feud with Piper continued into WrestleMania 2 in 1986, defeating Piper in a boxing match by DQ. Mr. T returned to the WWF as a special guest referee in 1987, before disappearing from the wrestling world. He reappeared as a special referee for a Hogan-Ric Flair match, 7 years later in October 1994. He stayed with Hogan for a few matches before returning to obscurity.
  • This guy is a classic, read on and I will tell you why everyone loved him so much.

He helped out kids in need and charities, and Public Service Announcements. This was back when celebrities actually contributed to communities. He also was just a classic icon of the 80's, and for those of us who grew up in the 80's he was entertaining, yet he always seemed to teach people a lesson. I think everyone liked him because he probably was genuinely a good guy, and even though he played a guy with a bad attitude (B.A. Barracus) everyone knew that was just part of the show. I wish there were more people like him in the entertainment industry today.
  • I think Mr.T is great cause of his "fool-hatin'" attitude.He made me understad what to do when i get bullied or annoyed.

Mr.T is my great idol because he inspiered me to be brave and strong with my indiviuality to do what i want.It goes to be great to be him and i wish he can still be him as i can be.Mr.T is the real hero to the world tht is very great so i shall be standing up t my self.
  • Mr. T starred in alot of movies and shows THE A-team (my favorite) and in Rocky III. He lived in the ghetto and rose up to the toughess and respectable man that he is today.

Mr. T is one of my favorite actors. I like the way he talks because he commands respect. This man is tough inside and out; but has a heart, because he cares. I have enjoyed his work and I would like to see him work again. My favorite show was the A-team and it still is. I think he is cool, i like his hair I wish my hair could be cut like that. He is simply the best.
  • Mr T

This guy has to be really great. I like his catchphrase which is "I pity the fool" because it is really cool. Although I don't watch the A-Team I see Mr T in The Simpsons thats how I knew who he is. I really think he is talented and as I said I like his catchphrase.
  • An idol to many.

This man should have been bigger than he was in the 80s, heck, he should do things other than guest roles on cartoons and movies. This man was a great actor, which I'm sure he still is. You cannot hate this man without questioning yourself. He had the looks, the muscle, and a attitude that many loved.
  • Why does everyone love him so much?

Mr T has one phrase wich he says every 2 seconds and im not even gonna say it coz u know what it is. com on man, get some new material. "I wear alot of jewallery". I guess he likes being a ladee. Sorry, now little britain is coming into it.
  • I pity the fool who doesn't know Mr.T

Mr. T is the toughest actor I know. I like his modified mohawk hairstyle. His role in the A team was great and original. I've seen his cartoon and Mr. T still has that powerful reputation. In his cartoon, maybe he's too powerful for kids.
    I still dont know what the T in Mr. T stands for.