Nathan Fillion

Forums: Nathan Fillion Board: General Nathan Discussion

 
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [21]Sep 14, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    Yeah, the show is not very good. Nathan makes it worth watching the episodes he's in, though. The only one I can't seem to find is All in the Family. It's like that episode just doesn't exist. It never gets aired when a network re-runs the show and it's one of the episodes that never aired in the original run.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [22]Sep 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    angelandspike wrote:
    Yeah, the show is not very good. Nathan makes it worth watching the episodes he's in, though. The only one I can't seem to find is All in the Family. It's like that episode just doesn't exist. It never gets aired when a network re-runs the show and it's one of the episodes that never aired in the original run.


    Have your tried looking on Youtube.com? They have everything and anything you could want when it comes to videos. You can see everything from hugh jackman in the boy from oz to full episodes of tv shows and clips. They have it all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [23]Sep 18, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    I generally try to avoid YouTube as they have so many illegal videos. I'm sure it's not there, though. I know people who have tried there and couldn't find it. Nobody seems to have seen that episode. It doesn't even have a production code available. I'm beginning to think it never actually got filmed.

    If I have a chance, I will ask Nathan about it in December. It'll give me something to use as a conversation starter.
    Edited on 09/18/2006 10:43pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [24]Sep 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    angelandspike wrote:
    I generally try to avoid YouTube as they have so many illegal videos. I'm sure it's not there, though. I know people who have tried there and couldn't find it. Nobody seems to have seen that episode. It doesn't even have a production code available. I'm beginning to think it never actually got filmed.

    If I have a chance, I will ask Nathan about it in December. It'll give me something to use as a conversation starter.


    Ask Nathan?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [25]Sep 25, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    Yes, ask Nathan. It's in the guide blog. He's scheduled to be a guest at Flanvention II and I will be attending that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [26]Sep 26, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    angelandspike wrote:
    Yes, ask Nathan. It's in the guide blog. He's scheduled to be a guest at Flanvention II and I will be attending that.


    Oh, wow. That's so cool. I was thinking for a minute that you knew him. I was like wait...no way, couldn't be!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [27]Oct 1, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    I don't know him yet, but I plan to change that at Flan. It's not impossible that someone would know him, though. It could have been that way. I have posted with him before on the Uni board. It's not exactly like knowing someone in person, but it's something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [28]Oct 2, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    Wow, I would love to talk to him let alone meet him. That's gotta be a thrill. Make sure you take some pictures! I know I'd love to see!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [29]Oct 2, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    Yeah, I am so excited to get the chance to meet him. Several of the BDH will be there also. You can see the blog on the Summary page of the guide for a list. I need to update it because Jonathan Woodward has been added.

    I plan to take pictures. I sure hope I get one of those candid shots he likes taking of a fan and himself. He's really good at taking them. They always come out really well. He hugs you close and puts his cheeck to yours for them as well.

    Ok. That was all way too fangirly, wasn't it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [30]Oct 5, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    angelandspike wrote:
    Yeah, I am so excited to get the chance to meet him. Several of the BDH will be there also. You can see the blog on the Summary page of the guide for a list. I need to update it because Jonathan Woodward has been added.

    I plan to take pictures. I sure hope I get one of those candid shots he likes taking of a fan and himself. He's really good at taking them. They always come out really well. He hugs you close and puts his cheeck to yours for them as well.

    Ok. That was all way too fangirly, wasn't it?


    Not in the least! Get tons of pics! I wanna see! Gotta see!

    Now that was fangirly! But it works with Nathan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DoveSweety

    DoveSweety

    [31]Oct 5, 2006
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 36
    Did anyone see Nathan in Two Guys and a Girl (formerly Two Guys, A Girl, and A Pizza Place)? I loved him in that and so he was the reason I started watching Firefly. Ryan Reynolds and the girl from Monk also starred in it. It was a hilarious show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DoveSweety

    DoveSweety

    [32]Oct 5, 2006
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 36
    SMG, do you watch Veronica Mars, since you like Charisma Carpenter so much?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [33]Oct 6, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    DoveSweety wrote:
    SMG, do you watch Veronica Mars, since you like Charisma Carpenter so much?


    Actually, no. I really love Charisma but I really dislike that show.

    But I have seen Two Guys and a Girl back when there was a pizza place involved in the title. It has been years though. I didn't even realize Nathan was in it until I started watching Firefly. I even went back and looked it up to make sure that I heard right.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [34]Oct 9, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    I plan to get tons of pics. Let's just hope I don't forget to do that since I'm sure I'll be caught up in what is going on at the time. Yes, the fangirly stuff works with Nathan.

    Dove, I've seen 2G&aG. I love Nathan on that show. He was wonderful as Johnny. The show was ok. I don't think I'd have watched it if Nathan wasn't on it, though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [35]Oct 9, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    angelandspike wrote:
    Dove, I've seen 2G&aG. I love Nathan on that show. He was wonderful as Johnny. The show was ok. I don't think I'd have watched it if Nathan wasn't on it, though.


    Heck I barely watched and I don't think I would have watched as little as did if Nathan hadn't been there. It had a really big cheese factor.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [36]Oct 10, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    Yes, I suppose it did. I watch anything Nathan is in, though, cheesy or not.

    Have you seen the news I posted? Nathan is going to be on Lost. I'm not a fan of that show, but I will be watching because he will be on it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [37]Oct 12, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    angelandspike wrote:
    Yes, I suppose it did. I watch anything Nathan is in, though, cheesy or not.

    Have you seen the news I posted? Nathan is going to be on Lost. I'm not a fan of that show, but I will be watching because he will be on it.


    I read. I don't think I'm gonna watch Lost is very much a fad show and I absolutely hate those but it's great he's getting back on tv. Lost's media popularity will get him so nice extra exposure, too. It will be nice to hear from him again on the small screen.

    If you watch you can fill me in!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [38]Oct 12, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    Oh, I'll be watching even though I don't like the show. I can't miss the opportunity to see Nathan act. I will definitely fill everyone in on it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [39]Oct 18, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    angelandspike wrote:
    Oh, I'll be watching even though I don't like the show. I can't miss the opportunity to see Nathan act. I will definitely fill everyone in on it.


    Koolness, I'm sure he will be good. I just can't watch shows I don't really watch for certain actors. I've tried it bunches of times but it never works! I watched The Mountain for James Marsters, Miss Match for Charisma Carpenter, and a few more as well. It never works for me. But Nathan....well, he almost makes me want to. But I just won't watch Lost.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [40]Oct 18, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    Well, I only watched Miss Match for Nathan. The show was just not that good. He was so worth it, though. I love Adam Logan. He's a great character and Nathan played him so well.

    Nathan is worth watching Lost. He's worth watching anything. So far, I haven't found a bad performance from him yet.

    I don't know if you saw the piece of news I posted in the guide, but he's signed a talent holding deal with FOX. They will either develop a new show specifically for him or cast him in a regular role on an existing show. It also ended up in the regular news section not long after I posted it, so it's in two places in the guide now.

    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to that. I hope they give him his own show. The only other one I can see them putting him in is Standoff with Gina Torres. The show isn't doing well, though. I stopped watching it because the two leads have no chemistry. If Nathan were on it, I'd watch again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.