Nathan Fillion

Forums: Nathan Fillion Board: General Nathan Discussion

SMGslayer97

[41]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 34
    I have been seeing that news on every other site I go to! It's so great. If he gets his own show I will so be watching. I know he can pull of a lot of different roles, too. So, we know there is a really good chance that not only will Nathan will be good in the show but the show itself might be really good. It's great to hear he is getting back to television. I always thought he shouldn't abandon it completely to go onto the big screen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angelandspike

[42]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 66
    Yes, that and the news about Lost are everywhere! I guess news about Nathan travels fast.

His diversity is one of the things I really love about his acting. I'm glad that he is going to work in television again as well, but I hope he doesn't stop working in films either. I think he hasn't been on TV for a bit because the roles just weren't there for him. Obviously, that's changing now.

SMGslayer97

[43]Oct 21, 2006
    Honestly, I don't want him to stop doing film either but I always feel like he has more of a place on television. Not because of anything he has done. It just seems like with the roels he has taken in film so far he hasn't done anything great, anything even that good in my opinion. He has always given good performances but there needs to be more then that when it comes to a movie. A good performance by one actor can sometimes up the possibility of people enjoying it more but that's not always the case.

angelandspike

[44]Oct 26, 2006
    I would love to see him get roles in better films. I like Slither. I'm a horror fan and I think the film is wonderful. I realize it's not for everyone, though. There's a certain audience that will like it, but it's not mainstream.

SMGslayer97

[45]Oct 26, 2006
    angelandspike wrote:
    I would love to see him get roles in better films. I like Slither. I'm a horror fan and I think the film is wonderful. I realize it's not for everyone, though. There's a certain audience that will like it, but it's not mainstream.

That's sorta his forte, non-main stream. Unfortunately though I kind of despise horror movies so it didn't appeal to me.

angelandspike

[46]Oct 28, 2006
    I can certainly understand why it wouldn't in that case.

SMGslayer97

[47]Oct 31, 2006
    angelandspike wrote:
    I can certainly understand why it wouldn't in that case.

It's a shame, too. I really had hoped he wouldn't do horror just because I know I wouldn't like it but he did. Ah well, maybe he'll get in a non-horror after Lost.

angelandspike

[48]Nov 1, 2006
    He did a romantic comedy, but who knows when/if that will get released.

SMGslayer97

[49]Nov 6, 2006
    I don't know if you knew this but Alan (wash) was on CSI last night, I didn't watch because I'm so lame! I missed it! I would have watched him!

angelandspike

[50]Nov 8, 2006
    Alan was awesome on CSI. I did watch that. Nathan was great tonight also. I really enjoyed watching him on something new.

SMGslayer97

[51]Nov 9, 2006
    Did you happen to watch Inara on How I Met Your Mother, wow. She was funny!

angelandspike

[52]Nov 9, 2006
    No, I didn't see Morena Baccarin on that show.
    Edited on 11/09/2006 11:57pm

SMGslayer97

[53]Nov 10, 2006
    angelandspike wrote:
    No, I didn't see Morena Baccarin on that show.

Oh geez! She had a small role and the show isn't something I normally watch (though it has Alyson Hannigan in it aka Willow) but I just happened to catch her big scene. She had me cracking up, she did some real destruction. Not to mention the role was so different then Inara and that's what she's most known for, at least by me.

Though shows pretty decent, too. They had Amy Acker (Fred/Illyria) and Alyson's husband Alexis Denisof (Wesley) guest star last season.

angelandspike

[54]Nov 14, 2006
    I don't watch the show, but I've seen a few episodes. I guess I should have watched more since so many of my favorite actors were on it.

SMGslayer97

[55]Nov 16, 2006
    That's what got me to watch. Originally, I wasn't interested even though Alyson was on it but after watching a couple of guest stars in episodes I actually started to like it a bit. I mean it is funny. I don't watch it to often but it is a funnier half hour comedy, some of them are rediculous.

SMGslayer97

[56]Dec 7, 2006
    Have you heard about Jayne being on this new show Daybreak?
    Edited on 12/07/2006 9:27am

angelandspike

[57]Dec 12, 2006
    Yes. I've watched Daybreak. Adam talked about it some at the B3 Thursday night. It's looking like it will be cancelled.

You've read my blog, so you know I met Nathan. He is such a sweetheart. If you ever get the chance to meet him, I'd recommend taking it. There's really nothing like it in the world.

SMGslayer97

[58]Dec 18, 2006
    angelandspike wrote:
    Yes. I've watched Daybreak. Adam talked about it some at the B3 Thursday night. It's looking like it will be cancelled.

You've read my blog, so you know I met Nathan. He is such a sweetheart. If you ever get the chance to meet him, I'd recommend taking it. There's really nothing like it in the world.

Heck, why would I ever pass up a chance to meet him! Well, okay I would be so wicked nervous and self conscious. Not to mention I have this fear then if one were to meet a celebrity that they thought highly of they would be really disappointed...okay, well maybe I might consider passing it up. But seeing as you said something, then again when am I gonna get the chance to meet him. It's highly unlikely.

I've heard that daybreak might be cancelled, something about not findingn it's audience or something.

angelandspike

[59]Dec 26, 2006
    He's not disappointing. He's very nice and takes the time to really listen to what you're saying to him. He focuses all his attention on you when you talk to him. He makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world to him.

I was extremely nervous meeting him, but he made me feel at ease. The second time I spoke with him, I wasn't nervous at all.

SMGslayer97

[60]Dec 31, 2006
    I always just worry so much that my ideas of what my favorite actors/actresses will be like will be shattered were I to actually meet them, I'm sure that in Nathan's case it wasn't true (I mean I'll take your word for it, seeing as you actually met him).

But I would have been so nervous if I had gotten the chance to meet, or ever do, I don't think I would even notice if he acted like a jerk or anything.