- I will most certainly be watching tonight that's for sure. I wouldn't say I'm totally hooked yet but I do like it. Once the show gets going and I see a few more episode I'll be able to tell if I'm hooked.
angelandspike wrote: The ratings were low again. That's not a good thing.
FRICK! And I'm starting to really enjoy it. I'm gonna seriously be kicking myself if they cancel this.
- I'm just going to enjoy what we get. I will keep trying to spread the word to help increase interest, but I'm not going to be upset with myself if it doesn't make it. It's not my fault and there's no sense to not enjoy what they give us. The episodes can be viewed on FOX's MySpace page, so pass the word. The more people who see the show, the better the chance of it surviving.
- I know what you mean but honestly the reason that I never watch new shows on FOX, at least not when they are in their first season, is for the fear that I will like the show and they will cancel it quick like a bunny. I mean I hate that, it just bugs the frick outta me. It's why I didn't watch Vanished, I mean I love Gale Harold but I told myself if it lasted through the first season then I'd give it a shot but till then no way. And I was more then right, I mean Gale's character was killed off and they show basicly died which just went to show that I probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. It's the same reason why it took me so long to discover House and give Bones a chance, I'm just always afraid FOX will pull a Firefly (or every other good show they cancelled way to quickly) and scare me off again.
- I can't think like that. If I don't watch the show, then what chance does it have? I'm of the mind that it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I would not miss watching the original airing of Drive for anything!
- Well I see your point, I mean I am so glad I did watch Drive even though it could potentially be cancelled. I just know though that if it's cancelled I'm gonna go crazy and other then House I will not be watching a pilot on FOX again.
MsRogue wrote: Did Drive get Cancelled??? I saw it in someones SIG that totally blows I knew Fox would do it Tim should have known better than to trust them....
I am sad to say that it was. Such a complete and total downer. It bites in fact!
- I'm sorry I'm late getting to this. I was out of town.
I think some of it is the timing. The show was aired as a mid season replacement which isn't the best time to bring in a new show.
FOX did do some promotion for it, but the viewing figures just weren't there.
- What was this I heard about Nathan having some kind of contract with FOX though? I'm a little fuzzy on the details, actually I don't really know any of the details but I heard from someone that Nathan had some kind of contract with FOX that was still in effect.
In other Nathan related news, I'm really anxious to see Waitress. It looks really good in that quirky kind of way.
- Nathan signed a talent holding deal with FOX. Part of the deal was that they would either develop a new show for him or put him in an existing show. It's unclear if he will be put in a leading role or supporting roles since Drive has been cancelled, though. I have also heard a report that the contract is for 3 years. If that's true, it means he has almost 3 years left to work for them.
I've seen Waitress twice. I loved the film. I saw it at the Newport Beach Film Festival and in Los Angeles last week. I also met Jeremy Sisto at the festival and Cheryl Hines at the LA screening.
I've seen White Noise: The Light now and loved it as well. I consider his performance in it to be his best to date. He was amazing.
- So he'll for sure be back in something on FOX, though it could possibly be an already existing show?
I have yet to see Waitress because it's not playing in a ton of theatres here but I plan on hunting around a bit for it.