Based on the terms of the talent holding deal, yes, he will be on something on FOX.
Here's a list of free screenings. There might be one near you.
- Hey there is one here! But why are they doing free screenings? Not a whole lot of movies do that, actually it's very rare. Usually they'll try something like a midnight showing for the flicks they know will earn big or the free previews a month or so early for movies they want to test in the waters but other then that you never see free movies around these parts. At least not that I've ever heard of. It's a promotional thing?
- Well it is coming into most theatres here pretty soon, I checked the schedules for a couple local one's so I'm pretty sure I'll get to see it one way or another. All I've been hearing is good things about it though so I think this will defenitely be one I'll like, not only for Nathan but for the movie itself which is kind of a change for Nathan (at least from the stuff I've seen him in movie wise).
- Well I just caught the trailer on tv again, and it says that for now it's playing in select theatres. I don't know if that means it won't be everywhere but I have checked the schedule of the theatre I go to the most and it is playing there so I will see it, at some point. Actually you know what maybe I'll go see today. Wouldn't hurt me to get out of the house!
- It's a limited release. They're increasing the number of theatres slowly. It's doing pretty well, though. It came in second the weekend Spiderman 3 opened. That's really good.
Did you go see it yesterday?
- Couldn't, but I do plan to. You know sometimes I think putting movies in limited release is a big mistake, especially when the halfta compete with biggies like Spiderman 3. I mean I'm sure that they knew Waitress, no matter how successful, would not crack Spiderman's opening weeks but putting it in limited release sure as heck doesn't help.
- Very few things would beat Spiderman. I'm quite pleased that this little indie film which they only had 20 days to shoot came in second. I think that says something really good about it. I can't think of anything like it except Little Miss Sunshine that's gotten so much attention. They're doing all the right things with Waitress. It's making a lot of money considering what it is. You can't expect it to do anything like a big budget film would. Coming in second to the massive film that Spiderman is, is totally awesome!Edited on 05/13/2007 9:52pm
- Well you are right, I mean considering it's an indie film coming in second is particularly impressive considering how main stream a lot of people really are especially when it comes to things like movies. Man I gotta see it, as if I already didn't want to see it already you just totally made me want to see it more.
- Exactly. I think it's exceeded expectations. When you see it, you'll know why it has, though. It's a good film. It's such a shame that Adrienne Shelly is no longer here to see what her film has done. It's truly her legacy. You know, this film would have really jump started her career as a writer/director. It's bittersweet.
- What did you think of Kerri Russell (And I think I spelt that right) in the film? I'm always apprehensive of her, she always seemed at least to me and able to take on complex or deep roles. I mean she's most known for Felicity, which was...well the character not that complex.
- Keri was great in the film. I've never watched Felicity, so I can't say anything about her performance in that, but she was excellent in this. She's capable of carrying the film. That's good since she has to because it's more about her character than anything else.
- That's great, I always thought she was so much more capable then the performances and roles I've seen her in so far. It's good to see she did well because as you said the movie is basicly all about her character.
- It is.
So, now we just have to wait and see what happens with White Noise: The Light. Outing Riley was supposed to be released in the US on DVD this month, but I don't think that's going to happen. I hope they release it this year at least.
- Well, most times everything gets released here on dvd. Even if it takes awhile. But who the heck knows these days.
So what else is the cast like in Waitress? I really don't know to many other people that are in the movie.
- I'm not sure if they'll even bother with White Noise: The Light here. It's not done well in other countries at all. It's already been released on DVD in the UK. We don't seem to be the test market for films like we used to be.
The entire cast of Waitress is excellent. They all did a wonderful job.
- Well I didn't even see the first White Noise so I'm not exactly clamoring to see it, especially because I try not to make it a habit of seeing films (or anything for that matter) simply because an actor/actress I love is in it. But I'm sure it will eventually get released and if nothing else you could always order it over the internet somewhere, if you were dying to purchase it that is.
- Well you know that I probably would it's just the movie itself, the story line I mean, it just isn't my style. It might be something I'll rent off Netflix you know out of curiosity but usually when one of the actors in the only good thing in the movie, even if it's a story line that I can accept, it just isn't enough for me.