Oliver Platt

Forums: Oliver Platt Board: Submissions for Oliver Platt

mafalada

[1]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 28

Information on Submissions

First of all, great that you want to help improving the guide. I appreciate it. This can either be a new information or editing the old one for errors or plagiarism.

I used the examples to show that comments on submissions can be quite detailed. It needn't be as long, just let me know about your research.

Here are the official Person Submission Guidelines. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Enjoy the guide, I look forward to your submissions.

Edited on 01/12/2009 5:42am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mafalada

[2]Sep 6, 2008

1) Quotes

Please provide a source for your quote so that the information can be confirmed. This can be either a complete url, a book, or a magazine (with publication year and page). If necessary, provide some detail on the context of the quote. Use the submission comments to let me know why something is important to you, that helps. Basically, the quote should be a good addition to the guide and sould not be already provided.

The name of Oliver Platt is bold followed by a colon. Context is provided in italics and within brackets. Here is an example of what a quote submission looks like:

Quotes Blurb:

Code:
    <b>Oliver Platt</b>: <i>(on shooting the 1988 movie Crusoe)</i> I was flown to the Seychelles Islands and found myself sitting around nudist beaches, eating smoked fish and being paid more money on a daily basis than I would have been paid for the whole run of an off-Broadway play. It was obvious my values would be imminently corrupted.

Submission comment:

Quote on him being spoiled, something that is missing in the guide.
    Source: New York Times Interview, 1998 (author: Bernard Weinraub):
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=
    9C04E7DC1E3DF93AA25755C0A96E958260&sec=
    &spon=&pagewanted=all (middle of the page)

Edited on 09/07/2008 4:44am

mafalada

[3]Sep 6, 2008

2) Trivia

Again, please provide a source for your Trivia so that the information can be confirmed. You need to use your own words. Please make sure that the significance of the Trivia item is clear for everybody; provide detail if necessary. Also check if there are Trivia items where your information can be integrated (like the awards item). Use "edit" instead of "add" then. Use the submission comments to let me know what you think, that helps.

Trivia is mainly normal text. I do not expect you to provide hyperlinks but of course, you can do this. Just click on "edit" for a blurb with a link to see how it is done. Here is an example for a Trivia item:

Trivia Blurb:

Code:
    Oliver Platt attended twelve different schools before High School graduation. He used to join the drama courses because he enjoyed their feel of subculture and coherence. When he was in ninth grade, he got expelled from three schools in Japan because of Marijuana use. After that, he went to boarding school in Colorado.

Submission Comment:

The background information adds interesting details beyond the facts in the biography.
    Source: New York Times interview (author: Linda Lee):
    http://query.ny times.com/gst/f ullpage.html?
    re s=9805E0DC153FF 93BA25754C0A96F 958260
    Relevant quote: I was thrown out of three schools in the ninth grade in Japan. (His father was a career diplomat.) I went to 12 schools before I graduated from high school, he said. In ninth grade he bottomed out. The offense: smoking marijuana. Eventually, he found his way at a progressive boarding school in Colorado
    The part about subculture and stability is also referenced, here:
    Snead, Elizabeth (1998-10-06). Oliver Platt well-rounded as an Impostor, USA Today (cf: http://wiki.hea lthhaven.com/Oliver_Platt#cite _note-snead-4)

mafalada

[4]Sep 6, 2008

3) Biography

If you find errors or new basic information that should be added to the biography, go ahead. Again, please provide a source for all your additions and be specific about your changes. Example: I changed the year of birth for the second child, I changed "has been" into "had been" and so on. Again, you need to use your own words and you should make use of the submission comments, as done above.

Anything else? - Just ask if you like.