Patricia Routledge

Patricia Routledge Fan Reviews (3)

• Patricia Routledge is, in my opinion, one of the funniest and finest actresses ever to grace the stage and screen.

'Talented' is best word to describe this amazingly versatile lady. She can sing like a nightingale, do superb comedy and very strong drama. Truly an all-round performer.

Most people would know Patricia best for her flawless portrayal of the arch snob Hyacinth Bucket in 'Keeping Up Appearances'. For five years, audiences were delighted by each episode as Hyacinth worked on her endless quest to be 'above' the rest of the community in wealth, etiquette and social standing. The results were predictably hilarious and I honestly can't think of anyone who could have done a better job.

Not many people realise that part of Patricia's extensive stage background includes extensive singing and that she is very skilled. People old enough will remember her from 'Coronation Street' and later, in her role as elderly 'private detective' Hetty Winthrop. Even aged over 80, Patricia is in excellent health and continues to work regularly. She has never married nor had children but she certainly leads a very busy life and her work brings joy to millions.