What is your favorite Patrick Swayze role?
I loved him in the tv mini-series NORTH & SOUTH!!! That also wasn't mentioned.
These tv.com Polls are really starting to suck because they give such limited, lop-sided choices and I'm less inclined to answer them. TV.COM should get it together if they want accurate polls!
- Have to agree with some others. Not a very good listing for choices. There are many movies not mentioned that he played the parts very well. Since I liked most of his movies it was not a very fair selection to choose from. I can even go back to Grandview USA where Patrick played oopposite Jamie Lee Curtis. Never did see Skate Town but I have Tiger Warsaw.
I enjoyed Patrick Swayze in Ghost, North & South, Point Break, and Dirty Dancing. Dirty Dancing and Ghost I have seen at least 20 times. I owe all mentioned DVD's. Why wasn't North & South and Point Break included in the preference voting?
- Although I've loved everything Patrick Swayze did, I have to say my favorite was Dalton in Roadhouse. I wish they could have let everyone enter their personal favorites it would have been a truer indicator of which movie was the best loved.
- my favorite role was Orry Main in north and south and in the movie Next of Kin with his brother...and most of all Point Break!!..he was great in all his movies and tv showsEdited on 09/16/2009 2:05pm
- I picked the Dirty Dancing one because of the ones mentioned on the poll I think it was the best, but his all-time best in my opinion is a two-way tie between RED DAWN AND POINT BREAK!!! He was AWESOME!!!
I wholeheartedly agree, I first developed my lifelong crush on him after seeing him on North & South, I mean, I love almost everything he's done but that is still my favorite & my second fave which was also not mentioned was Next Of Kin, that was a very good movie too. Of course, I hated Book 3 cause they killed Orry & Constance, that just really sucked!
- I voted Dirty Dancing but Red Dawn was my true pick. Then North And South. He was a wonderfull person, you could tell by the interviews he did. I feel sorry for his wife because they were so close.
- I would have to agree here. Roadhouse was one of those movies that I can watch again and again. It's like a Clint Eastwood or Sylvester Stallone movie. And Sam Elliot was also awesome in it. Dalton's fight with Jimmy by the lake is a classic.