Paul Newman

Paul Newman Fan Reviews (4)

• Great

I've personally found really difficult to pick just one word to cl@ssify him. I was very sad and sorry when I've heard about his death, even tough he was really sick. In my opinion with his death the world has lost one of the greatest man and actor of all time.. He was a star but not the kind of star that behave like they are the owner of the world.. he was a true gentleman and a great human being, one of the latest man of the Old Hollywood. His movies are all masterpieces: "The sting", "Torn Curtain", "The virdict", "Butch Cassidy" just to name a few. I'm sure he will definitely will be missed.
  • "Legend" seems like too small a word to describe Paul Newman.

Although he was one of the most recognized names and faces in the history of film entertainment, Paul Newman never fell in with the Hollywood crowd. As a profoundly personal man (he rarely ever even gave out autographs), he shunned most reporters and interviewers. Only those that he felt were a credit to their profession (Barbara Walters, Johnny Carson, etc.) ever got him to agree to an interview. His performances on stage and on film were superb and will never be equaled.

In addition to his work as an actor, he championed so many charitable causes. His "Newman's Own" brand of consumer goods has raised over 200 million dollars for causes that Newman felt strongly about like the "Hole In The Wall" camps for gravely ill children.

People like Mr. Newman come along once in a very long time. His passing on September 26 2008 was both a sad day in that he is no longer with us and a day to celebrate all that he accomplished in his life and the legacy he left behind.
  • empty

Paul Newman is a true actor. You really believe that he got into acting because he loves it for what it is. You'll never see him in any tabloids and you won't hear any gossip about him. In his roles, you sense more realism than many other actor's who are considered more talented than he. Of all of his roles in all of his movies, my favorite has to be "The Color of Money."
  • Gorgeous actor since many years

It's a long time since Paul Newman became an actor and he is really one actor who set his mark in Hollywood. In more than 50 years of acting he proved in many different roles his amazing talent.
    Not many actors are able to make the development from a young hot blue-eyed youngster to a charismatic and interesting legend.

But he is not only a Hollywood actor but also played on Broadway and worked as producer, director and writer.

With films such as "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" he really wrote film history and in films like "Mr. & Mrs. Bridge" he proved a good and thoughtful choice of roles he played.

Even though today Paul Newman isn't young anymore he still kept his charm and impresses again and again with his acting performances.

And honestly: one look in his amazing blue eyes and you just have to love him!