Paula Abdul

Paula Abdul Fan Reviews (21)

• We give her too much attention.

Love her but please go away. Overrated.
  • Paula is cool

I think Paula Abdul is a talented person. She is a pretty cool person too I think she is a good singer. Paula is most known as a singer back in the day and a judge on the show American Idol. I think she does a good job as a judge. She is not mean like Simon Cowell and does not crush other people's dreams. She always tries to say something nice to a person even if they are not that good. I think Paula kinda is pretty too. So overall I think Paula Abdul is a nice and talented person.
  • hi

5.2
    in my opinion paula is way to nice. she always gives the contestants a break, even when they do awful. shes all "you did great sweety" be honest! lying is a sin! randy and simon are way more honest. be honest or be cut. in that rule, bye bye paula. paula is an okay singer, but also needs to improve there. sorry paula fans. anyway this is my 16th review so i get an emblem. yay me! plz view my profile and comment on the blogs. cut the girl!!!! paula, be honest! im trying to help out here. you need top be honest!
  • She's forever my girl!

I love Paula! I think she's a beautiful person inside and out. She's very kind-hearted and compasionate toward the American Idol contestants. Sometimes she is too lenient, but most of the time she accurate, but in a nice way. She's also very talented. She was a fabulous dancer and a pretty good singer in the late 80's and early 90's. Her music videos from back in the day were absolutely outstanding. She's deffinately got her short-comings too, but everyone does. I think her flaws have been blown out of proportion. I also believe some stories were falsified and based on rumors, with no merit whatsoever. All in all she's a great person!
  • Meh....

Paula Adbul is a singer and a judge on American Idol. She's been a judge on American Idol since Season 1 and there have been 6 Seasons so far. I heard they're gonna make another one. I think Paula is just average. I know an 8.0 is high for an average person, but I think that 5.0's are low. The only thing that I like about her is that she is very nice as a judge. She's not very honest. I think that Simon and Paula like each other. I saw them kissing a few times. Awww!! lol So overall she's okay.
  • She's okay i guess but i feel thats shes overrated.

7.8
    I mean i don't see why people think she's so pretty. I think she be acting fake too. I know at one time she was a dancer for the cheer leading team but you can some times see through her acting all nice. I think she acts nice to keep people to watch the show so she can cover over simon meaness to contestants on the show. People say she can sing but i never heard her before. I wonder after american idol ends what shes gonna do with her life. All in all she is over rated to me.
  • a great singer

Paula Julie Abdul was born on June 19, 1962 in San Fernando, California to Harry and Lorraine Abdul. Her parents seperated in 1969. In 1981 Paula enrolled in Cal State Northridge. It was during this time she began a fifteen year struggle with bulemia.
    In 1987 Paula wisely uses over $30,000 in savings to record a demo tape. In 1988 "Knocked Out" reached 48 on the Billboard Hot 100 and Paula's debut album Forever Your Girl is released on June 21, just two days after Paula's birthday. "The Way That You Love Me" is released in November of 1988. Paula continues her fight with bulimia and joins Over Eaters Anonymous.
  • Well, she's good for a laugh, if nothing else!

I've seen Paula Abdul twice recently (and I'll be seeing her a lot more since I watch American Idol); once in footage from last week's interview with a Seattle tv station where she was dazed and confused, and once tonight (January 16th) in the opener for American Idol with the auditions in MN.

Both times she was ...odd. In the tv interview, she was raving about who-knows-what. In the auditions in MN she was extremely quiet. What gives? This girl doesn't seem to have a middle ground, really. She's either over the top or under the bottom!

The one thing that I keep in mind is that she makes me laugh, but not in a good way. It's more like it's 'OMG, I'm so glad she's not sitting next to me in the restaurant, or at a movie, or on the bus or whatever!' Fun to watch, but only from a distance.
  • I love Paula

I've been following Paula Abdul's career since the beginning and I though of her as one gorgeous woman. I don'tr watch 'American Idol" and I've been hearing all those bad things about Paula. I don't believe them and I got one thing I llike to say about Paula Abdul. she talented and she is gorgeous. The other night on "Access Hollywood," she is lookjing for a boyfriend. I would love to be her boyfriend. I'm looking forward to dating her and get romantic involve with her. I'm giving her a 10, so that she can notice me. I'm single too.

1.1
    Paula Abdul is such a liar. She lies about people on American Idol just so they don't feel bad about themselves. But Simon Cowell on the other hand tells the truth about how he feels about the contestants. Paula is so annoying she thinks she is the one who is the best judge in Idol but the host Ryan Seacrest even thinks she is a brat but i was about to call her a ***** but I could get suspended. But Paula is making american idol the worst possible thing in the entire world. They show get a new female judge.

• liar

Paula Abdul is such a liar. She lies about people on American Idol just so they don't feel bad about themselves. But Simon Cowell on the other hand tells the truth about how he feels about the contestants. Paula is so annoying she thinks she is the one who is the best judge in Idol but the host Ryan Seacrest even thinks she is a brat but i was about to call her a b**** but I could get suspended. But Paula is making american idol the worst possible thing in the entire world. They show get a new female judge.
  • funny, talented (more-so in the dance than in the vocals, obviously), sensitive, unique.

Paula Abdul is by no means perfect, but she has a good heart. I love watching her and Simon bicker, I wish they had a cartoon. That would be awesome. Anyways, I like her a lot I think shes funny and goofy and she doesnt pretend to be someone shes not, and I dont know much but from what I can see Paula Abdul is not a drug addict, its just her natural personality and if you dont like it, oh well. Just get over it and find someone else to insult, im sure that wont be too hard. Paula Abdul, you rock.
  • Yes, even a "7" might be over-rating Paula Abdul.

Paula Abdul is a judge on American Idol and this review is based on her appearance there.

Paula loves everyone. This might be nice in your everyday life, to meet someone who never has a bad word to say, but she's not appearing in our everyday lives; she's a judge on a singing contest, and she needs to learn how to JUDGE.

In my opinion, she doesn't know how to do that, and is quite rude to boot. She thinks everyone is wonderful; you can always tell when she secretly thinks that their singing sucked, because she'll tell them that their outfit looks great and won't say anything about the singing... unfortunately, it's all about the singing. Being a judge means telling people whether they're good or bad. She can tell someone that they didn't do well without being rude about it - it's called "constructive criticism". She needs to learn to do that.

But she's also quite rude. She sits there and gushes (sometimes inappropriately) over the contestants, and then, when it's Simon's turn to speak, she doesn't let him! She shouts over what he's saying and makes rude noises... she acts like a five-year old who's not getting her way. Simon lets her speak, even though he mostly disagrees with what she says; she simply isn't capable of showing him the same courtesy.

Sometimes, I really have to wonder what she's been taking, or what's ~really~ in that Coke glass she has sitting in front of her... she's just SO inappropriate.

American Idol producers should really think about getting a new judge to replace her, as she seems to be highly unstable, and inappropriate, and completely unable to actually "judge" anyone.
  • This is just what I know about Paula on American Idol: She's sweet and realizes that there's more to people that they're showing.

I realize she's made some awful mistakes in her life, such as being bullimic, but everyone makes mistakes. Paula is such a nice, kind person... She gives people chances. Both her and I realize that there's more... maybe someone's not showing everything they've got, but it's still in them. That often happens to me. Although sometimes her hair or clothes are 'weird' in many people's opinions, it doesn't matter. She deserves to be an American Idol, and I'm so glad she's there as a judge, because without her to keep him straight, Simon would go insane with cruel (yet truthful) comments.
  • While this has been a decent season of American Idol, it seems to me (And I'm sure a lot of other viewers) that Paula Abdul is more out of it than usual. There have been several shows where she has appeared to be intoxicated, high on drugs, or both.

And it seems she has know idea what a judge is suppose to do. She hardly ever has a critical word to say about the contestants. From the start of the season she has liked every one. To her they are all the best and never sing wrong. She always says how splendid they look. While it may be nice to compliment them; it is a singing competition, not a fashion show. I would say they need to replace her, but they would probably get someone just like her or even worse than her.

• Time for America to vote her off

I have to wonder why the producers of American Idol keep Paula Abdul around? Is it because she is quite attractive and some of those outfit she wears will get any mans heart going? or is it because she has a real ear for music? or is it just to polite and nice a person to want to hurt someone? My guess is it is not reason #2 as I have to wonder how Paula could ever allow people through to the next round when they sound like a cat having it's tail run over by a steamroller.
    It mightbe time for Paula to bid farewell and allow the producers to bring in someone who really has an ear for music and will not allow these talentless twits through to the next round knowing they will never make it to the final 12.
  • Paula Abdul is my idol!

I think Paula Abdul is an inspiration for all. She has a great personality, and she's a great role model. Paula Abdul is my idol! She's very beautiful and multitalented too. What more can you ask for? I hope to meet her someday, because I know she's a great person.
  • A one time pop singer and former dancer who is treated like a superstar.

There are many people who’s accomplishments in the music industry far outshine Paula Abdul but don’t get anywhere near the excessive amount of attention she gets.

Abdul was fawned over by the media far above anything her past accomplishments deserved before she was selected to be a judge on “American Idol”. Now that AI is a ratings success her annoyingly high media profile is attributed to her being a “star” on that show.

Ironically, Abdul’s star performances on “American Idol” could be replaced with film clips from previous seasons and no one, but people at the taped event, would know the difference. Her comments on performances lack any originality, thought or insight. The only thing that prevents her from coming off as a mindless lackwit is the fact that she sits next to Randy Jackson and Simon Cowell.
  • Paula Abdul

1.2
    I don't like Paula Abdul, I never really have. I actually like Simon Cowell more than her! I don't think she has much talent, and I wonder why she is even famous. Besides the fact that she is a judge on American Idol, and has a really bad temper, she's talentless.
  • Paula is the best.

Paula is one of the best. She is not that famous for her music though, she's more famous for being an American Idol judge. But, people should listen to her music and / or at least buy her greatest hits or you will be missing out on a good thing.