Peter Jennings

Peter Jennings Fan Reviews (5)

• Peter Jennings was simply one-of-a-kind...

To me, this man was much more than just a news broadcaster. He was in fact a personal hero of mine. Throughout my childhood I remember sitting down at seven every night and watching the entirety of his broadcasts. He always put a smile on my face with his style of reporting. Without him, I surely wouldn't be as aware of the issues going on in today's world as I am. I really wish I could have gotten the chance to thank him for everything he has done for me. I remember the night when he announced he had lung cancer. I was truly speechless as he spoke in his crackled voice. And obviously, I was devestated when he died from his cancer a few months later. I will always remember World News Tonight as the show that Peter broadcasted each and every weeknight for over twenty years. He truly was a great man that will surely be missed.
  • What can I say?

I believe that Peter Jennings is and always will be one of the most talented news casters of the 20th century and many people underestimated what he did. As some said, he was an extrordinary person and he surely placed his mark upon history. He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten.
  • Peter Jennings will be rememberd as the best and most influencial anchor of the 20th Century. He was a class act. Jennings by far was superior to Cronkite and all others on the evening news.

Peter Jennings will forever be rememberd as the best and most influencial anchor of the 20th Century. He was a class act. He started out completing with Cronkite, but in the end there was no comparison. Jennings by far was superior to Cronkite and all others on the evening news.
  • Excellent reporter

Peter Jennings was one of the greatest journalists in television. He brought the news like a natural and really comfortable on camera. He is one of the reasons why I want to become a television reporter. Even though I rarely watched World News Tonigh, I always enjoyed his other work.Peter Jennings will always be a part of American television.
  • Peter Jennings was a great new's anchor. He was one my personal heroes. He didn't have to be an athlete or a movie star to be a hero, he was just a man simply doing the news. A great human being and a great news anchor.

An amazing man. He Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather were the top 3 News anchor's. Brokaw worked for NBC, Dan Rather worked for CBS and Peter Jennings worked for ABC. Jennings just simply told the news, and made it interesting. I remember him in the new millenium New Year's ave spectacular and remembered that he was on for over 25 hours. For a whole day and hour, now who else but Peter Jennings would do something like that? He was one of a kind. I enjoyed watching him and I have so much respect for Peter Jennings. I used to watch World News Tonight because he made it fascinating. He was a great human being and was one of a kind. Plus he told the news humbly and graciously, he was a great news anchor and was also a great human being.