Queen

Queen Fan Reviews (4)

• Queen are one of those bands that show talent beyond any others, and I'm glad they're touring again.

A kind of Magic is definately a good way to describe this dynamic four-piece Glam Rock and Roll band who, inactive for about 10 years, are now back into touring with new frontman Paul Rodgers, who fills Freddies place with style, but without completion, as Freddies place can never truly be filled.

Starting off in early 1970s, we see their first success in 1974 with Seven Seas of Rhye, which went in at #10 in the charts, and is one of my personal favourites. Next we saw Killer Queen, their first major breakthrough, getting to #2. Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, considered the greatest song of all time, it was no suprise that it went straight in at #1 and stayed there for 9 weeks. True classic, theres nothing at all like it, and there probably never will be.

Other great classic tracks include I want to Break Free, Tie Your Mother Down, Now I'm Here, Fat Bottomed Girls and their outstanding opus, Innuendo, which also, unsuprisingly, went straight in at #1. Collaborations with other acts, such as "Under Pressure" with David Bowie and "Show Must go On" with Elton John show how well they work with other artists, and allows their combined talents to really shine.

Less known tracks such as Staying Power, the Prophets Song and Dragon Attack really show how even Queens less popular tracks can be fantastic!

"These are the Days of our Lives", one of Queens most beautiful and Poignant songs is really Freddies closing moment, and watching the video, it's especially memorable for the moment when Freddie looks down, and utters "I still love you", which mustn't leave a single dry eye of the viewing public.

Hopefully, we will see queen continue touring, and I wait with great impatience for them to return to the UK to the Newcastle arena, as I am dying to see them live!

Best Point: Great songs, Great talent, Great inspiration