Ray Sharkey

Ray Sharkey Fan Reviews (2)

• Ray Sharkey

Ray Sharkey was one of the best talents of our time. His performances reminded me of thre greats from the past. People like Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart and James Cagney. It is a shame that we will never experience the full potential of this great actor due to his untimely death. His performance as Sonny Steelgrave in TV's "Wiseguy" was the best I've seen in decades. Wish I could share my love for his talent with his family.

Sent his agent a letter attempting to reach Ray immediately after the "Wiseguy" series, without ever receiving a response. This is one actor I would loved to have met personally.
    John Mancino
    Lancaster, CA
  • Would have been great ...

Ray Sharkey had a lot of potential as an actor, but unfortunately had his career and life cut short due to a serious drug addiction that resulted in him contracting the AIDS virus.

Ray had an edge, passion, and really got in to his roles. He made you believe that he was the person he was portraying. Which doesn't seem to be a common feat for many actors.

I deeply regret the fact that we'll never get to see what he would have made of himself if he had lived, and his life story is one of the many sad defining reasons why everyone should avoid ever trying illegal drugs.