Richard Matheson

Richard Matheson Fan Reviews (2)

• A 20th century American terror master!

"I Am Legend" was published in 1954. I was BORN in 1954! Richard Matheson has been scaring the peanuts out of horror fans all of my life with some of the best terror writing (Richard Matheson calls himself a terror writer, not a horror writer...a distinction he insists upon)the world of television and motion pictures has ever seen! Considered an American classic, "I Am Legend" has made it to the big screen in a minimum of three separate incarnations; "The Last Man On Earth" starring Vincent Price, "The Omega Man" starring Charelton Heston and the latest high end but somewhat disappointing production; "I Am Legend" starring Will Smith. Richard Matheson has been responsible for some of the best episodes of The Night Gallery series in addition to The Twilight Zone and has done some marvelous work with the late producer Dan Curtis over the years. Some years back, his novel "What Dreams May Come" was made into one of the most unusual and intensely touching and romantic movies I've ever seen, where Robin Williams gives up the bliss of heaven to rescue his wife's soul from hell after she commits suicide. Dante Alighieri would have been proud of that movie, would that he were alive to see it. Mr Matheson; long life to you, and may you continue to produce quality stories and screen plays for years to come!