Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Fan Reviews (13)

• The first man to give Thomas his voice.

Ringo Starr is well-known around the world for being a member of the Beatles. My Dad, who loved the Beatles, is a big fan of him for a Beatle. I'm a big fan of him too. Not for being a Beatle however - but for being a narrator t=for Thomas The Tank Engine. Ringo was the first narrator for the show. When Britt Allcroft offered him the role when season one was going under production, Ringo was unsure at first, as he hadn't read the Railway Series. But he changed his mind, and became the first narrator. He delivered his lines well, and put great enthusasim in his narration, which was what put the first season to great success. I particually like his Gordon voice, which was potrayed deep and well. Ringo confirmed Gordon was his favourite character to voice. Ringo returned to narrate the second season of Thomas. His nrration in this season was even better than his season. He used better voices and enthusasim into it, and gave classic voices to characters such as Duck, Diesel and Harold. His improved and great narration is one of the reasons why season two is my favourite season. Ringo also potrayed Mr COnductor in the American spin-off of Thomas; Shining Time Station. Being British, I haven't seen much of this show. But from what I've already seen, he put grat acting into this two, potraying Thomas' special friend. Ringo left when the third season began to go into production, and was replaced by Michael Angelis in the UK and George Carlin in the US. Although Angelis is my personal favourite narrator, and Carlin is pretty good too, I miss Ringo. It would be nice if he came back, just to narrate an episode or two. Still, he was a great narrator. His role will always be remember, and I'm sure he will always have a place for Thomas in his heart.
  • My favorite TTTE narrator besides Carlin.

Ringo Starr was awesome when he narrated Thomas the Tank Engine in the UK and the US. He was also my favorite member of the Beatles, my favorite band from Liverpool. I own all of the tapes that includes his narrations. The tapes I have are: Thomas Gets Tricked, James Learns a Lesson, Best of Percy and Season 1, which is The Early Years on DVD. Man, I even want his own album! But where can I buy it? He was also great playing Mr. Conductor in Shining Time Station, which I used to watch on PBS when I was little. Like I said: he's the best besides George Carlin!
  • The best Thomas narrator in my opinion.

Richard Starkley (Ringo Starr) Was my favorite Thomas The Tank Engine narrator. When I got my first Thomas VHS years ago for my 1st birthday, I loved his naration. I always thought he gave a good voice for the characters of Thomas. I only found out last year that he did a full narration for Thomas Season 2. I loved the narration of the 52 episodes he narrated. He also played Mr. Conductor on Shining Tome Station. Both Ringo Starr and George Carlin did great narration on the 1st 2 seasons of Thomas but I think Ringo did better in the 1st 2 seasons and I think Carlin did great on Seasons 3 and 4. You will love Ringo Starr`s narration on Thomas & Friends. ;) -DF8
  • The original narrator

Ringo Starr is one of the world's most famous drummers being a part of The Beatles. However, I like him for his narrating role in Thomas the Tank Engine. In 1846, Ringo was hired to narrate the first season of the televison show. Then, two years later, he came back to narrate season two. A few years later he worked with producer Britt Allcroft to narrate season one and two again for America, and he starred as Mr Conductor in Shining Time Station. I found that Ringo was a good narrator though his voices weren't that good, but I found his voice for Harold to be the best voice ever!
  • Ringo should not only be remembered for the Beatles' drummer, but also for bringing Thomas to life.

I simply love Ringo Starr. Now I'm not a diehard fan of The Beatles but his work for the Beatles were absolutely great. He's a fine drummer. Anyway, he should also be remembered for being Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends to life. He was the only narrator to narrate the American and UK versions for 2 seasons. Whenever I heard his narration as a kid, I loved it. I tended to watch my Ringo Starr narration tapes before I went to bed because I felt as if he was telling me a bedtime story. The way he narrated the episodes was great. Obviously, he's the narrator that many longtime fans associate with for Thomas.
  • One of my favorite Thomas the Tank Engine narrators and my most favorite member of The Beatles.

Ringo Starr is by far, the most popular person ever in The Beatles and is by far one of my all-time most favorite narrator for Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. One of my all-time favorite shows! Ringo is awesome and is the best drummer The Beatles have ever had! I wish they would bring him back in Thomas the Tank Engine to keep narrating because he is one of my favorite Thomas the Tank Engine narrators besides George Carlin. Ringo will always be considered awesome in my book.
  • Personal and childhood favorite!

Ringo was by far and always will be the childhood
    And personal favorite of mine as he added the personality
    To the other three members as I always know he was
    Very funny as well as just really lovable. Very underrated but also he was the one and only original Thomas Narrator!
  • Original Thomas Narrator.

One of the best narrators ever. Ringo Starr narrated Thomas the Tank Engine for seasons 1 and 2, but I think it would have been great if he stuck around for a couple more seasons. He was deifinitely the best narrator in the UK version of the show, and probably has two of the three American narrators beat too (George Carlin is my all time favorite). He was the one that gave the original characters their first voices, and many of them were imitated by later story tellers. But not only was he one of the best Thomas narrators, he was part of one of the greatest bands ever. He is an all around, amazing person.
  • Ringo Starr a all time great.

Ringo Starr is a very good storyteller as well as a beatles member. Ringo's time spent in the music band the beatles was mostly in the sixites.
    In 1984 Ringo started a new type of television appearence narrating the episodes for Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. He did this really well and its a shame he only narrated series 1 + 2, I think he should have carried on.
    Ringo is an all time great. He can do various roles and do these really well. Ringo is generally one of my favourite storytellers and I think that he is great!
  • Ringo Starr was by no doubt the most original of The Beatles in his song writing, you can hear that when you listen to octopus' garden.

Ringo was the shortest of The Beatles and also the oldest, he joined the mega group 2 weeks before they recorded their first hit, Love Me Do. His unique style of druming was a breath of fresh air for Harrison, Lennon and McCartney.

Ringo's real name is Richard Starkey, but from a very early age he liked to be called Ringo.
  • My favorite Thomas & Friends narrorator.

Ringo Starr was the first narrorator for Thomas & Friends. He did an supremely excellent job at narrating. The best episode he has done on Thomas & Friends was Thomas Comes To Breakfast. To me, the way the episode went & Starr narrating made it so popular. It's hard not to understand why.
  • I have to say, I think Ringo was pretty much the coolest Beatle! I love him an especial lot!

Wow. Ringo equals love always. Ringo is really COOL! The drummers always seem to be the bestest! He had the best facial expressions, wit, cleverness, and really was more talented than I think a lot of people see him as in my opinion. (which means he was REALLY talented) I think he was one of the most attractive as well. Now, don't get me wrong, I love all the Beatles, a lot, a lot, a lot. But Ringo is definetaly up there. I also love his voice!!!!

~What would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me? Lend me your ear, and I'll sing you a song and I'll try not to sing out of key.~

~I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden in the shade!~

~In the town, where I was born, lived a man, who sailed the sea. And he told us of his life, in the land, of submarines.~

I love you Ringo!!!!!!!!
  • Everybody loves Ringo. Ringo was also one of my favorite Beatles. He was a great drummer and I love his songs. This guy is great! Ringo is probably known as the Beatles anchor man, but he was alot more. He is one of the greatest musicians of al time.

Ringo is so awesome! I love Ringo! He's so awesome, his songs are so amazing. My favorite song that he sung was "With little help from my friends." Everytime I listen to that song I always think about Ringo and his wonderful rendition of that song. I also love his rendition of "Yellow Submarine." There is nobody that can possibly argue that their is a better band then the Beatles. The Rolling Stones have been rockin for 40 years, and they still aren't better then the Beatles. The Beatles had a magical quality about them. Which had alot to do with the people in their band. Ringo was a key part of the Beatles and one of the greatest drummers of all time. I love his song "It don't come Easy". Ringo was a great musician and the Beatles will always be a key part of musical history. Without Ringo the Beatles wouldn't be the greatest band of all time.