Robert Patrick

Robert Patrick Fan Reviews (8)

• Agent Doggett.

Robert Patrick (born November 5, 1958 in Marietta, Georgia, USA) is an American actor. He was a track and field and American football athlete at Bowling Green State University.

He is the brother of Filter lead singer Richard Patrick. He is married to actress Barbara Patrick who appeared with him in some of his films such as Zero Tolerance and as Barbara Doggett in two episodes of The X-Files. He has a daughter (Austin) and a son (Samuel). Almost every year, he does the Love Ride, an annual motorbike race that raises money for charities.

Patrick shot to fame by starring opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day. He played the T-1000, a Terminator that assumed human form but was made of a substance that could imitate anything it touched; his character fought against Schwarzenegger's now 'good' T-800.

Patrick also became well-known on the small screen in his role as Agent John Doggett from 2000 to 2002 in the final two seasons of The X-Files.

More recently, in 2005's Walk the Line, Robert Patrick plays the abusive father of Johnny Cash.
  • Great underrated actor!

I think that Robert Patrick should have been given more stuff and that the quality stuff that people are passing him by with. We first saw him in the Terminator 2 movie but then, he has mainly done unforgettable films. But he did have a plum role doing the unthinkable and replacing David Duchovny for the next couple of seasons on the X-Files until the end. Sure he was no Duchovny as he had to make the role of Agent John Doggett and take it as his own role. He can play either good or bad roles. He is very versatile. Now if Hollywood would take notice.
  • From "The Terminator 2" to "The X-Files."

Ok, so the first time I ever really remember Robert Patrick was when he showed up naked on Terminator 2: Judgement Day. LOL He was awesome then and he's still awesome now! I though he did a superb job in that movie. Wow. Amazing! He played the part so well...he was scary at times. Those eyes, he looked...evil.

Then, what do you know, he shows up on The X-Files. LOL. At first I was a bit resistant since he practically took over Mulders role. All fans were pissed, ya got to admit...I know I was. He had big shoes to fill but, in all, I thought he did a great job. I enjoyed watching him on The X-Files, although, I WAS happy that Mulder returned. The few episodes when he and Mulder were in together, I loved!

In all, I think he's a great actor. I don't recall him doing anything recently (at least not that I watch) but I wish he'd do more. I think he did little for the talented actor that he was...and is. When I think of RP, I still think of him in Terminator 2 more than the X-Files. Weird, huh?

~Snyder~
  • He saved "The X-Files" and fought Ah-nuld...

I guess it's unfair, but I judged Robert Patrick's acting ability solely on his turn as T-1000 in "Terminator 2." That was before I saw his story arc in Season 2 of "The Sopranos," as Tony's gambling addict childhood friend and before he stepped into the basement office on "The X-Files." As a fan of "X-Files" who had been losing interest in Seasons 6 and 7, Patrick brought me back to the fold. His John Doggett was everything Mulder was not, and Robert Patrick was a heck of a better actor than David Duchovny could ever hope to be. Not many people can play a man of action without looking like a brainless muscle man, but Robert Patrick regularly offers characters who are tough and smart.

I would have loved to see a few more seasons of "X-Files" with Robert Patrick in the lead (though I would have dropped Annabeth Gish). I'm glad he's back on TV, even though I'm not a fan of "The Unit," and very glad he keeps a steady flow of film appearances.
  • Great actor and Good looking, what's not to like?

So the first thing that I ever saw Robert Patrick in was probably the second charlie's angels. But I didn't know who he was then. When I got into the X-Files I discovered how...awesome he is. His character in the X-Files is easy to like and he does a great job in the show. I have also seen him in many other things and he does so great with all sorts of different types of roles. And of course you can't forget that he is extremly good looking, if that even begins to cover it. He is an excellent actor, and I'm not just saying that because I like the X-Files and I think he's really hot. I mean it, he is a great actor.
  • Ok the guy is a good actor but...

Robert Patrick may be a good actor but he isn't excellent. Look at his performance in the X-Files. In some episodes he looks great and he can replace Mulder but there's something about him that don't fit in...
    I've seen Terminator and I liked the way he's acted! I was impressed. After that, I watched The X-Files' seasons 8 and 9 and I changed my opinion. In the X-Files he looks bored and I really thought that he needed some sleep because in some episodes he isn't just right! I know that there's a show named The Unit and Robert Patrick acted in but I didn't liked the show so I can't give my opinion about it!
    As I said before, Robert Patrick is a good actor but he is far away from perfection!
  • Good Looks + Great Acting = Robert Patrick

This Guys Something I tell ya! He Rocks as the T-1000 in "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and Rocks In "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", In fact He was the Only Reason I Watched That (God Awful) Movie and after his Character Died I Stoped watching the movie. I Was excieted to hear he's gonna be in X-Files as John Doggett and I think he did an Excellent Job Man! I Love John Dogget! I sure hope to see him in more movies or TV Shows in the future.
  • Robert Patrick\'s greatest strength as an actor is his ability to play a character to the point where you can\'t tell where the actor ends and the character begins.

I had never taken notice of Robert Patick before his performances as Agent John Doggett in The X-Files. I am not a big fan of action movies so I had not seen many of his flms, including T2. Because of my loyaltiy to Mulder and Scully and the first 7 seasons of The X-Files I, like many other fans, felt a lot of hostility toward the character of John Doggett when he first appeared on the show, and so I didn\'t pay much attention to the actor that was playing him either. I soon realized I had made a very big mistake. The man is truly talented on the screen. After having seen some of his other \"B\" movies such as \"The Cool Surface\", \"Pavement\", \"The Faculty\", some of \"1st To Die\" and a few others, I realize that the man doesn\'t just act as characters, he becomes them! I\'m still trying to get used to seeing an actor I adore play a character I don\'t much care for though.
    Jay