Roger Ebert

Roger Ebert Fan Reviews (4)

7.7
  • Roger Ebert

Roger Ebert is one not just one but the best crictiC. His show is done well with chechy music. I like the way they rate movies thumbs up thumbs down . Thats very good. It is sad how he has missed so many episodes for Ebert and Roper but to me he is a lengend
  • My bias towards fellow Chicagoans aside...I find Roger Ebert to be spot on in his reviews about 85-90% of the time.

I am from Chicago, and we have a variety of film critics to choose from, but even if I was from another state I would still agree with most of Ebert\'s reviews. He usually is very fair, despite personal preferences, and can judge a film by what it is. There have been several movies that I have had absolutely no interest in until reading his review...And I secretly thank him for textually persuading me to see a great movie. On the flip side, he has kept me from (or delayed me from) seeing not-so-good movies.
    While I take his word as gospel the majority of the time, like with any review...It comes down to opinions. I feel like some people tend to forget that opinions are not fact, no matter how strongly you may believe in them. Until Roger and I have a major disagreement, I will continue to follow his reviews to the end of the Earth.
    *cue dramatic end music*
  • He is better than his co-star.

Roger Ebert has been critiquing movies since 1967, and has hosted his tv show for 23 years, first with the late Gene Siskel, and now with Richard Roeper. I like Ebert better than Roeper, since Roeper is a cynic. They are both critical, but Ebert is better. He has fun reviewing the movies he critiques. He made the famous "two thumbs up" famous. Ebert works well. He started as a sports reporter, and now continues to do a great job reviewing movies. He's wonderful, but still critical. He's better at critiquing movies than Roeper, probably because he's been doing it for so long. Nevertheless, he's one of the best reviewers out there.
  • The Jerk

2.1
    the king of trashing movies like jason x why review it. for somebody who does not read comics there have been a couple of comic book movies that got really good reviews. i am too smart to watch sitcoms and shows like dukes of hazzard. i spend my time reading books well the little engine that could must be more inportant than watching dukes of hazzard and charlies angels. theres another movie that got trashed once again you do not take the charlie angels movies seriously. so the king of trashing good movies gets a star and all this publicity then the world is stupid.this guy sucks and so does millon dollar baby.