Ronne Troup

Ronne Troup Fan Reviews (1)

3.4
  • Ronne Troup was the girl next door, the spunky heroine, and my first crush. I will always remember her fondly.

Ronne Troup was one of my first childhood crushes, and this was even before -- waaaay before, actually -- I liked girls. I was just 6 years old when I first saw Ronne on the \"Danger Island\" segments of the Banana Splits shows. I was immediately taken by her, or at least as taken as a 6-year-old can be. She was the fun, adventurous, pretty girl to whom I wanted to live next door and whom I wanted as my babysitter. Then, when she went on to play Chip\'s wife, Polly, on My Three Sons, she became the girl I wanted to marry (I was all of 8 years old by then).

Ronne had a definite girl-next-door quality, with a bit of tomboy added on the side. On \"Danger Island,\" she played a spunky, plucky heroine -- the kind of ingenue who wouldn\'t let the bad guys capture her and tie her up without a good fight and a few kicks in the pants. On \"My Three Sons,\" she was the inept young bride who wasn\'t quite ready to be Donna Reed.

Unfortunately (for me, anyway), Ronne never really made it to the next level of stardom after \"My Three Sons\" went off the air. She did some guest shots, made a few TV movies, and eventually faded from show business (even though she has returned to guest starring roles on TV shows in recent years). But she will be my first crush -- and probably my ideal girl -- forever.