Roy Scheider

Roy Scheider Fan Reviews (5)

• ROY'S LAST FILM!

ROY SCHEIDER'S FINAL FILM "IRON CROSS" – TRAILER & UPDATE MAY 2009

Calibra Pictures is pleased to announce the release of the trailer for Roy Scheider's last film "Iron Cross". The revenge thriller, written and directed by Joshua Newton, will be previewed towards the end of the year in Los Angeles, following our Roy Scheider Film Week, dates and location tbc. The trailer can be downloaded securely from the following yousendit.com link: http://rcpt.yousendit.com/674374016/2c8d2c044adbfe73d4293fc995eca0cb

We'd be delighted to receive your comments. Yours truly The Iron Cross Team
    ironcross@calibrapictures.com

Check us out on facebook, myspace, twitter and world press blog,

and

pass it along to your family and friends!

Thanks!
  • One more for Roy

I'll miss him - he was one of my favorite small movie actors. "The Last Embrace" had wonderful chemistry between him and the late Janet Margolin, and in "The Seven-ups" and "52 Pick-up" he was marvelously driven and merciless. His voice was also extremely distinctive, with lots of sharp notes in his intonations. And yet there is still more of his work to come right?

His Oscar nominations for "All That Jazz" and "French Connection" were well deserved. A sad loss to the acting world. His last movie Iron Cross is yet to come out - lets hope that it does the legend of Roy justice.

Rest easy big guy.
  • Show me the way to go home I'm tired and I want to go to bed I had a little drink about an hour ago And it got right to my head

Roy Scheider 1932-2008 I wanted to write something in honor of Roy Scheider because he starred in the TV shows SeaQuest DSV and Third Watch but by the time I was able to get to my computer there were so many tributes to the man from all over the world. Since so much has already been said about this talented actor, I decided to pour myself a drink, raise my glass and sing,

Show me the way to go home
    I'm tired and I want to go to bed
    I had a little drink about an hour ago
    And it got right to my head
    Where ever I may roam
    On land or sea or foam
    You will always hear me singing this song
    Show me the way to go home

Good Night Mr. Scheider. You are now home.

In Solidarity

Tony Figueroa
  • empty

A very much underrated actor.

Roy Scheider is an intense presence onscreen, with shades of Robert Mitchum in his acting style. He's usually not the first person of whom people think when they name the lists of top actors. Well, that ought to change. Think of what your cinematic life would be like without the dedicated Long Island policeman in "Jaws," the astronaut driven to explore the truth in "2010," and the plethora of dramatic roles he's taken in "The French Connection," "52 Pick-Up" and dozens more. Roy Scheider is proof that brains and brawn don't always cancel out in film.
  • roy plays great charcters as chief broady in jaws and captain bridger in seaquest dsv.

there are a lot of great actors out there and every one has there own favourite. one of my favourite is roy scheider. i first fall in love with him when i first saw jaws. he was amazing in that movie. the charcter chief broady is still one of my favourites to this day. and i loved him in jaws 2. when he became captain bridger in the scifi hit seaquest dsv i was happy. he always play a strong and careing charcter in the role of brigder and broady. thats why i must have the dvd of season 2 with him in it. he has gone on to appear on a number on tv since then. one show that sticks in mind is third watch where he plays a villian. he did a great job on that. as well as law and order. crimanal intent. i hope to see him in more tv soon. he is one great actor of our time.