Sally Field

Sally Field Fan Reviews (7)

• Played great roles perfect for a great lady

6.7
    She has a "Feynman Number" (interpreted here as the graph-theoretic relationship "a close acquaintenance of") of two, since her brother, theoretical physicist Richard D. (Rick) Field, collaborated with Richard Feynman in the middle-late 1970s. Field dated Burt Reynolds for many years. She was first married to Steven Craig from 1968 to 1975. In 1984, she married Alan Greisman. The couple divorced in 1993.

Field has two sons from her first marriage. Her son Peter Craig is a novelist; his brother Eli Craig is an actor and director. Her third son, Sam Greisman, is from her second marriage.

Now playng nora walker on Brothers & Sisters as the great mother of the family thought to be naive but not all as is it seems
  • Sally Field currently plays Nora on Brothers & Sisters.

I have seen Sally Field in many TV shows and movies since I was a little kid, and I have to say that I have always felt that Sally Field was an amazing actress. Sally Field's current role as Nora Holden on Brothers & Sisters is definitely my favorite of all the roles that I've seen her play. Sally really shines in the role. Her portrayal of Nora really makes each episode an amazing work of TV. I couldn't imagine any other actress in the role of Nora. She's absolutely perfect for the role. I hope that Sally Field continues to grace our screens for years to come.
  • Always has been a great actress...

Sally Field is one spectacular woman even as an actress of age. She always made me love her in other movies and it doesn't make a difference how old she is because she plays out a brilliant performance on Brothers & Sisters. I can't get enough of Sally Field. I loved her in Mrs. Doubtfire especially it's hard to believe she's much older now. She obviously knows what she's doing since she's been out in the acting world for a long time already. She knows how to capture her emotions and portrays her characters really well. Sometimes it seems like she really is that character and she shows such great emotions through her characters that she plays.
  • What a fantastic actress!

I was first introduced to Sally Field's excellent acting when she guest starred on ER as Maggie, who suffered from a Bipolar disorder. What acting it would take to pass of that role. And Sally did it fantastically and in style! Eversince then, I've been a huge fan, and am hooked on Brothers and Sisters.
  • It is very nice to see such talent on a weekly basis

Sally Field has always been a favorite of mine and I admire the way she has chosen to run her career path. She is one of those actresses that gives her all to the performance and allows the audience to experience the emotions as she goes through them. It is nice to see her work with such a talented cast with the same caliber as herself. They all seem to blend together and make you believe that this is actually a family going through life regardless of their economic status or position in life. I hope this program continues to grow each year.
  • She indeed can do it all!

I have always loved Sally Field and that she is
    Indeed one of the all time greats and that she
    Can go from comedy to drama as she had a rough
    Time at the time trying to breakthrough drama roles but Sybil gave her that opportunity as well as two Oscars to
    Go along with it. Love her now in her recent role in Brothers & Sisters!
  • Sally Field from Gidget,the Flying Nun,Oscar winner to TV drama, she does it all.

I have always liked perky little Sally Field. I liked her flying over the convent, freaking me out as Sybil, giving a not so award-winning but much joked about oscar acceptance speech, flirting with Burt Reynolds, making me cry when she made her point in Steel Magnolias, driving Abby crazier on ER and now as Nora Walker on Brothers & Sisters. This pint-sized feisty actress is a real heavy weight on film, whether it be the silver screen or the tv screen is a national treasure. How God put so much strength and talent into her small stature is a miracle in it's self. I can remember Gidget even though I was probably 5 or so, and saw her fly over the convent giving the mother superior heartburn, and laughed at her antics. I remember being a teenager and seeing her do Sybil(Sybil originally aired as a made-for-television miniseries in 1976. Sally Field starred in the title role, with Joanne Woodward playing the part of Sybil's psychiatrist, Cornelia B. Wilbur. Based on the book Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber, the movie dramatises the life of a shy young graduate student, Sybil Dorsett (in real life, Shirley Ardell Mason), suffering from dissociative identity disorder (multiple personality disorder). With the help of her psychiatrist, Sybil gradually recalls the harrowing childhood abuse that led to the development of sixteen personalities. Sally Field's portrayal of Sybil won an Emmy.--thanks Wikipedia) and crying and cheering as she overcame her abuse little by little, Sally deserved that Emmy. I cheered for her in Norma Rae, giggled at her acceptance speech and applauded her win. I watched all those Burt Reynolds movies..Smokey and the Bandit..etc etc and laughed and wished I was as small and cute as her.
    Now as she has settled into "Mom" roles such as M'lynn in Steel Magnolias and as Abby's mom, Maggie, on ER ..I still admire her and love to watch her acting. I have grown up with her and she seems a friend even when I see her on any medium whether it's tv or film and she is one of the greats in my opinion. You're one of the best Sally..keep on keeping on and I will keep on watching.