Sally Field

Sally Field Fan Reviews (7)

• Sally Field from Gidget,the Flying Nun,Oscar winner to TV drama, she does it all.

I have always liked perky little Sally Field. I liked her flying over the convent, freaking me out as Sybil, giving a not so award-winning but much joked about oscar acceptance speech, flirting with Burt Reynolds, making me cry when she made her point in Steel Magnolias, driving Abby crazier on ER and now as Nora Walker on Brothers & Sisters. This pint-sized feisty actress is a real heavy weight on film, whether it be the silver screen or the tv screen is a national treasure. How God put so much strength and talent into her small stature is a miracle in it's self. I can remember Gidget even though I was probably 5 or so, and saw her fly over the convent giving the mother superior heartburn, and laughed at her antics. I remember being a teenager and seeing her do Sybil(Sybil originally aired as a made-for-television miniseries in 1976. Sally Field starred in the title role, with Joanne Woodward playing the part of Sybil's psychiatrist, Cornelia B. Wilbur. Based on the book Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber, the movie dramatises the life of a shy young graduate student, Sybil Dorsett (in real life, Shirley Ardell Mason), suffering from dissociative identity disorder (multiple personality disorder). With the help of her psychiatrist, Sybil gradually recalls the harrowing childhood abuse that led to the development of sixteen personalities. Sally Field's portrayal of Sybil won an Emmy.--thanks Wikipedia) and crying and cheering as she overcame her abuse little by little, Sally deserved that Emmy. I cheered for her in Norma Rae, giggled at her acceptance speech and applauded her win. I watched all those Burt Reynolds movies..Smokey and the Bandit..etc etc and laughed and wished I was as small and cute as her.
    Now as she has settled into "Mom" roles such as M'lynn in Steel Magnolias and as Abby's mom, Maggie, on ER ..I still admire her and love to watch her acting. I have grown up with her and she seems a friend even when I see her on any medium whether it's tv or film and she is one of the greats in my opinion. You're one of the best Sally..keep on keeping on and I will keep on watching.