Sam Lloyd

Sam Lloyd Fan Reviews (5)

• This is one funny guy!

Until today when writing this review I did not know Sam's name but was absolutely certain he is one of the few guys who can really crack me up on television. When he plays Ted the accountant, I find myself bursting out every moment he opens his mouth to speak let alone the times when whatever he does cracks me up. I believe either he has not been exposed appropriately or many directors and scouts are passing on a multi -talented actor that has a natural stride in him.He gives scrubs that additional touch that makes it a comedy drama in its own class. Absolutely marvellous!
  • Sam is an incredible actor, hes funny, has a great voice and can act out quite a few characters to a high level.

I believe that Sam Lloyd is most appreciated by his role as "Theodore Buckland" in Scrubs. He has appeared in 77 (out of a possible 139) scrubs episodes. He is the hospitals legal attorney and most of time, Dr. Kelso's (Ken Jenkins) assistant.

His character has many problems, he lost his hair at an early age, he still lives with his mom and it took him 5 attempts to pass the legal bar exam because he has stress induced dislyexia. In many scenes of scrubs is his clumsy and has recently been named the hospitals sad sack by Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley).

Other appearances include: Desperate Housewives, Malcom in the Middle and Spin City (created by Bill Lawrence, who also created Scrubs).
  • Sam Lloyd is by far one of the most underrated character actors around. I have been lucky enough to catch him in summer theater. A real talent and a joy to watch.

I have enjoyed Sam in all of his characters. Each role brings out a different aspect to his abilities, and his latest role in Scrubs showcases his musical talents. I especially enjoyed him as Elaine\'s stalker in Seinfield. He was great with the Seinfield cast. Another favorite of mine was his role as the Brie\'s therapist. He portrayed the typical Jewish doctor to perfection.
  • If he's playing Ted Buckland on Scrubs or Dr. Goldfine on Desperate Housewives, you got to love this guy.

Ted Buckland, a nervous, self-doubting, failed, suicidal, sad, pathetic lawyer. Dr. Goldfine, a phyciatrist. Two completely different characters on two completely shows, but one and the same because of Sam Lloyd. Most people wouldn't find that a good thing, but I do. Why? Because it totally fits the role and the appearence. Your first glance at Ted would be: "Oh, he's a loser." And that's totally correct. If someone else played that character it wouldn't have been the same, it fits Sam right. Now he wasn't that much on Desperate Housewives but when he was, it felt like he took Ted with him.
    If he's playing Ted Buckland on Scrubs or Dr. Goldfine on Desperate Housewives, you got to love this guy. Seriously.
  • Amazing!

I am a massive fan of Christopher Lloyd so I thought I would check out Sam Lloyds performance in 'scrubs' and I wasn't disapointed at all. I completely love his character and he carries his character as naturally as himself in this series. It's a shame he doesn't have a bigger part as he is only a regular guest. So Sam Lloyd is responsible for the 'scrubs' obsession for making the show so much more enjoyable!