Sarah Michelle Gellar

Forums: Sarah Michelle Gellar Board: Your views on SMG_dissertation research_ please help!!

lil_miss_gellar

[1]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 1

To the members of the Sarah Michelle Gellar posting board,

I am Hannah Pond, a third year Film and TV student at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth and am carrying out some research on the fabulous Sarah Michelle Gellar. Being a massive fan of her myself I am looking to find out other fans perspectives on Sarah and how they view her as a person and as an actress. I would be extremely grateful if you as a fan could take some time to fill out a few questions regarding your views on SMG and the roles she has played throughout her career.
    I will be taking the answers you give me and comparing them to those from a group I did a discussion with earlier this month. The main aim of my research is to find out if there are any differences and/ or similarities between the way different fans perceive Sarah and whether the roles she plays on the big and small screen have had an effect upon this image.
    If you do choose to fill out the questions your answers will be extremely useful as research for my dissertation so thank you very very much for your time, it really is much appreciated!!!

If you could just number your answers according to the questions i have posted below that would be a great help! Thank you!

Questions

1. How did you first become a fan of Sarah's? Can you remember your original reasons for becoming a fan of hers?

2. How would you describe SMG's physical image in your own words, i.e. the way she presents herself (type of dress/ ****

3. How would you describe Sarah's personality?

4. Are there any characters SMG has played on either the small or big screen that you felt suited the actress particularly well and if so why do you feel she suited this role/ these roles so well? On the other hand are there any roles the actress has played that you felt did not suit her? again please could you give your reasons for your view/s

5. Are you male or female?

6. Which age bracket do you fall into? (Really sorry to have to ask this question but unfortunately it is important to my results!)

15 - 20 years
    21 - 25 years
    26 - 30 years
    31 - 40 years
    40 - 50 years
    50 years or above?

7. Roughly how often do you visit this website/ posting board and what are your main reasons for visiting?

8. Would you consider yourself more a fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar or a fan of a specific character she has played, e.g. Buffy from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', Kathryn from 'Cruel Intentions' or Karen from 'The Grudge' etc? Or do you feel have an overall interest in them all?

«*Thank you SO much for your time and comments!!* «

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

exitgalaxy

[2]May 5, 2007
    • level: 4
    1. through buffy but i was more a fan of show than her. p.s. she is also hot. 2. In buffy days she was definately more sexy. Now i would say she is dressing like a bit of an old lady. Mutton dressed up as lamb type of vibe. Her body is still smoking hot though.

3. don't know here. Couldn't judge. Normal and down to earth for hollywood. 4. She is only buffy. 5. All Male from head to toe.

6. 21-25

7. Once ever was looking at pics. Not busy so decided to do questionaire. 8. no only buffy. Which is because of joss.

marvelfan89

[3]May 20, 2007
    • level: 39

Don't know if you still need this but anyways:

1. How did you first become a fan of Sarah's? Can you remember your original reasons for becoming a fan of hers?
    I'am not a big fan of hers but I like Buffy.

2. How would you describe SMG's physical image in your own words, i.e. the way she presents herself (type of dress/ ****
    I think she presents herself very well.

3. How would you describe Sarah's personality? Approachable. 

4. Are there any characters SMG has played on either the small or big screen that you felt suited the actress particularly well and if so why do you feel she suited this role/ these roles so well? On the other hand are there any roles the actress has played that you felt did not suit her? again please could you give your reasons for your view/s

Just Buffy. She's played too many stupid roles as of late. Scooby Doo she played a bimbo version of Daphne. She's played the victim in a lot of movies since then and there isn't really much depth to them almost stupid in a way. While I think this role might have suit her early on, it's time for her to do something better.

5. Are you male or female? Male. 

6. Which age bracket do you fall into? (Really sorry to have to ask this question but unfortunately it is important to my results!)

26 - 30 years

7. Roughly how often do you visit this website/ posting board and what are your main reasons for visiting?

Daily. Lots of great information here, the moderation is decent and there's a lot of activity.

8. Would you consider yourself more a fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar or a fan of a specific character she has played, e.g. Buffy from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', Kathryn from 'Cruel Intentions' or Karen from 'The Grudge' etc? Or do you feel have an overall interest in them all?

Probably just Buffy.

Edited on 05/20/2007 2:52am
    Edited 2 total times.