Shannen Doherty

Shannen Doherty Fan Reviews (54)

• Overated.

Horrable actress.
  • I love Shannen Doherty but shes not the nices person

Shannen Doherty is such an amazing actress but not the nicest person which has got her fired from a couple of shows like beverly hills and charmed but some people think she quit charmed because she wasn't working well with Aylssa Milno who is a better actress I think. I'm not sure what I think but I think maybe she might have quit. I wish she was a nicer person then she might get more acting jobs I haven't seen her on anything in ages I only really liked her on charmed though. I think Alyssa Milno should get loads more work than she has I thnk the only show shes been on is charmed the same with Holly Maria Combs. peace out charmed fans
  • Shannen is awesome! She's totally kick ass, I can't get enough of her.

I personally think people really don't give Shannen a chance. They hear the rumours and what not and just think she psycho or whatever. Some of it may be true - most not, but who cares?!?!? I thinks she's friggin' awesome. She was charmed, she was beverly hills 90210 and letting her go was incredibly stupid!
    I love that she's real - she gets into fights - punches chicks - i love it, because she's also an awesome and talented actress! I hope she gets back into the public eye - in a good way or bad - I miss seeing her in starring roles. We don't get enough of Shannen in australia!!!

• Shannen Doherty is a real super star. Starring in some great television shows like Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed. She is a strong leading member of any cast.

Shannen knows what is is to be a star. Her acting is well above many others She has starred in some memeriable shows like Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed. Even thought she was let go from both shows she has proven that her career does not begin and end with those television prgrams. She was Charming in Charmed and one of the more talented co-stars of Beverly Hills 90210. It shows how grood she must have been to be ask to have a reprise her role as Brenda in the new 90210 spin off. If only producers of Charmed asked her back to reprise her role as Prue on Charmed on series finale that would have made that a truely classic ending to classic show. Shannen is really one of the Charmed ones in the 90210 zip code of reality.
  • shannen is amazing

Shannen Doherty is such an amazing and talented actress. She does not deserve all the bad press and media that she has gotten in past and present. But the thing i admire most about Shannen is that she doesn't let all the bad press bother her and just lets it all brush past her. She has done well for herself and always inspires me. she needs to be offered more challenging roles which suit her the best. i also like the fact that her and actress former co star of charmed Holly Marie Combs have and still will be best friends. When she left charmed i was very disappointed. I mean i do really like Rose McGowan but it was hard to get used to not having Shannen.
  • Most known for portraying "Prue Halliwell" in "Charmed" and "Brenda Walsh" in "Beverly Hills, 90210."

Shannen is condsidered to be a pain in the butt to work with, having on screen problems with many of her co-stars including Jennie Garth, Tori Spelling, and Alyssa Milano at some point. However, that is not something that will affect my review, as i only try to focus on what they bring ot the screen, and not personal lives.
    So, anyway, i think that Shannen Doherty is one of the most talented actresses that have entered the business. She has played so many different roles, each with their own difficulties, problems, etc. Each of the roles i believe she has done flawlessly, and the only reason why she isnt a bigger star is because of off-screen conflicts. In a couple of words, she is talented.
  • i love Shannen Doherty

Shannen Doherty is one of the best in the business but i don't know why she is always getting fired from her jobs on shows oh well. i loved Shannen Doherty on Charmed and in 90210 i haven't yet seen her show Breaking up with Shannen Doherty but im trying to. i would love to see her in another drama or sci-fi cause she really knows how to be a witch lol. it would be great to see her in another show rather than the shows i just listed but as i said it would be great to see her in a new show. she is really talented.
  • Shannen Doherty

Most Recent Role: Herself/Host on Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty
    Alias Name(s): Shannon Doherty
    Gender: Female
    Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee
    Birthday: 4-12-1971
    Birth Name: Shannen Maria Doherty

Shannen Doherty was born on April 12, 1971 in Memphis, Tennessee to Tom, a bank worker, and Rosa, a beautician. In 1978, when Shannen was only 7, the Doherty family moved to Los Angeles and Shannen immediately announced her dreams to become an actress. Success began early, with guest spots on TV series including Voyagers and Father Murphy. When a casting notice was released in Hollywood for a regular role on the popular Little House on the Prairie, Shannen leapt at the opportunity and eventually won the role of Jenny Wilder at just 11 years old, thanks in part to actor Michael Landon seeing Shannen's guest spot on Father Murphy.

When Little House ended in 1983, Shannen moved onto the next stage in her career, which included a regular role on the sitcom Our House and an appearance in the movie Girls Just Want to Have Fun. In 1989, Shannen landed a role which made her a household name, as the popular Heather Duke in the cult movie Heathers co-starring Winona Ryder and Christian Slater. The film received rave reviews and, thanks to her performance, Shannen was offered a role in an upcoming Fox series. That role was Brenda Walsh, one of the lead characters in an eagerly anticipated teen drama series entitled Beverly Hills, 90210. The show was an immediate hit with viewers and critics alike and worldwide fame beckoned for Shannen.

But things were not all they seem. Tabloid reports of on-set rivalries and Shannen's "diva" attitude may have increased audiences, but it was not enough to secure her future on 90210, and Aaron Spelling dropped her from the series at the end of season four. Refusing to let her firing end her acting career, Shannen moved onto bigger and better things, appearing in the cult classic movie Mallrats and several TV movies, including Blindfold and Almost Dead.

In 1998, Shannen was contacted by 90210 executive producer Aaron Spelling, who offered her one of the leading roles on a new show he was developing entitled Charmed for the WB network. Shannen leapt at the opportunity to headline a series on the then-new network and was cast as Prue Halliwell, a strong young woman who discovers, along with her two sisters, that she is a witch who must protect the innocent from various forms of demonic evil. Charmed was a hit with audiences and one of the most-watched series on the WB but, after many tabloid reports similar to those aimed at her during her 90210 days, Shannen ended up fired from the series, after on-set arguments and disagreements with the producers.

Just like in 1994, Shannen was left in a bad situation: she was jobless and her reputation had been badly harmed. Fortunately, Shannen was determined to continue her successful career, winning roles in several TV movies and developing her own series with network producers.

In 2003, Shannen turned to reality television to keep in the limelight. Her first reality TV series was "Scare Tactics" on the Sci-Fi network where innocent people were put in hilarious horror-themed situations by their loved ones. The show was a hit with audiences but Shannen soon grew tired of it, leaving the series in 2004.

Following her departure from Scare Tactics, Shannen appeared in the Fox series North Shore and headlined the UPN comedy pilot Love, Inc. but was quickly fired after she tested badly with audiences. In 2005, Shannen revived her career with the TV mini-series Category 7: The End of the World and another reality series, Breaking Up with Shannen Doherty, on the Oxygen network, which debuted in August 2006.

Throughout her career and in her personal life, Shannen has been repeatedly knocked down by firings, tabloid allegations and personal trauma. But, like a phoenix rising from the ashes, she always manages to claw her way back into the spotlight. After a nuclear holocaust, all that will be left are cockroaches, Cher... and Shannen Doherty. Shannen Doherty also stared in Charmed as Prue Halliwell.
  • In roles such as Brenda and Prue, Shannen is a great actress whose show's were never the same once she left!

Shannen is an absolutely wonderful actress ... while i continued to watch charmed after she left, it was never the same ...Even now in syndication i only sit through from the first three seasons.. i mean occasionally an episode from one of the later seasons will come on that i really liked but for the most part , much like 90210 the show was much better with her on it.. I really am not a huge fan of many tv shows these days i watch alot of reality tv,behind the music,as for programs Gilmore Girls, Las Vegas and Charmed reruns and maybe a few others but for the most part any show I watch is already long established or in syndication. However,I would def watch any series she appears in and hopefully next show she's on she'll stay on the entire time cause she is an awesome actress.
  • Too unpredictable for me...

Don't get me wrong, Shannon is a great actress, I completely fell in love with her character Prue on Charmed, but I can't say I am a big fan. I don't agree with Shannon's decision to leave that show. She said she left because of complaining on the set coming from co-star Alyssa Milano and that she wanted to enjoye her work but the atmosphere wasn't pleasant. I want to thank those writers for doing an amazing job in saving that show. I didn't have a clue how they were going to keep that show going without the 3 Charmed Ones but they found a way to make it work. It worked so well that the show continued for another 4 seasons!
  • One of my favorites.

I don't care about the reputation she has gotten heh that reputation just makes me respect her more. The first time I seen her was on our house and I loved her in that then 90210 I watched almost religiously right up until she left. I was Sad to see her leave charmed. Her personality on camera is wonderful she could make any show good. I have yet to see breaking up with Shannen but I've been wanting to check it out I'm sure it's good. Her acting ability is wonderful and she is very much one of my favorite actresses.
  • Shannen was one of the biggest child stars of the 80s, and was well known into the millenium on Charmed.

I'm normally into blondes, being a blonde myself... I used to be awestruck as a girl with Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth on 90210- what perfect foils for one another. And when Shannen left I found myself on her side... this show was once about her, how did it go on without her? Poor Shannen... then Charmed went on without her. Of course, she said in an interview she was a producer... so I guess she doesn't need my sympathy.

Yet, still, I'm on her side. I just can't help myself. She's so cute. And she is always in these roles where she's so brave and has to soldier on...
  • No matter if you hate her or love her, you gotta respect her.

She's original, and she's being herself, even if it does cost her a job. I love the fact that she keeps her opinion on things no matter what others say. She's what some actors need to be. I love that she plays characters that in some way resemble her, especially Prue. I could never really choose which group of Charmed Ones I liked, because I like all of them. Prue is full of pride, and from things you hear, so is Shannen obviously. Both very strong, and someone you would want to have your back when your in a fight. I love her show that she has now, I'm not sure if it's still on air, but it's cool. I would love to see Shannen in more tv and/or movie roles. She's talented, smart, and funny, so hopefully she will get some. Can't wait to see her on tv again, besides in repeats of Charmed.
  • A woman with great talent!

I've seen her in Charmed, 90210, and a couple of movies, and she is very good! The first time I saw her was Charmed, and I LOVED her in it. And Beverly Hills, 90210, she played Brenda, and some people say that the Brenda years were the best of the show, and I almost agree. And I actually don't really care if she was kicked off both shows (if that's what REALLY happened, there are mixed stories). Prue and Brenda were two fantastic characters on two fantastic shows, she did an excellent job on both of them, and a great job on her other projects, too.
  • The biggest Women ever... Yeahhhhh

This incredible actress, is an original person, this characteristic is why she is so GREAT in all of the roles she plays. She don't take crap from anybody, and run her life by her rules. This is why so many people love her. But unfortunately this is why so many people are afraid to work with her. All the shows she have done are been sealed with that sensuality and passion. The only thing i hope is to see her in a show that truly can compared to her enormous talent.
    She is the meanest of all the women i know and for that i love her. Bye.
  • Shannen rocks!

I just love Shannen doherty!
    She's my fav actress ever!
    She was great in every show she was a part of!
    I like her since Beverly Hills...I liked Brenda alot!
    And she was soooo great in Charmed!Prue rocks!She and Piper are so great!
    She is the reason why i bought the charmed-dvds;)
    And I like her altough she's a badgirl:)
    I would like to see her on an episode of house!That would be so great!She would be a cool patient!
    I think that she would be great on 24 too!I would like to see her hooking up with jack bauer...then he would leave audreay...hihi...:D
    just love her;)
  • Misunderstood.

There is no doubt in my mind as to whether or not she is an amazing actress. Although, many see her as a but of a b***h, it is my opinion that she is simply one of those people that won't be happy until something is perfect.

She was terribly abused by the late Aarron Spelling, having been fired from Beverly Hills 90210 and then the whole on-going debate as to whether she quit charmed or she was fired although Mr Spelling made her out to be the bad girl. Out of all the sisters she was definately the strongest. She was the best actress of the charmed sisters.

She deserves a new breakthrough role to get her back in the spotlight for all the right reasons. I personally love her.
  • Talented, and gorgeous

Shannon Doherty is one of my all-time favorite actresses. She gives depth to her characters and it brings them to life, makes them seem like more then just some TV character.
    Unfortunaltey, she has been kicked off of a few of her shows due to her attitude. Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed were her most famous and popular roles and she got fired from both of them. She doed tend to let fame get to her head and sometimes does stuff that gets her into trouble.
    Overall Shannon is a good person who just needs to relax and not let Hollywood influence her.
  • She's just so wonderful. Talent and beauty. What more could you ask for!

Shannen has always been a favorite of mine. Not only is she mind-numbling goregeous. She's talented like no other. Her acting in Charmed threw me out the wall. And I loved her portrayal of Brenda Walsh. Not only the above, but she just seems like a "real" person. Not afarid to speak out against others, or even the media. I admire and respect her for everything she's done. She believes in herself, and that's gorgeous. Better than any beauty queen. No matter how the public percieves her, she'll always be inspiring to me.
  • I Love Shannen Doherty!!!

I think she MADE the show Charmed if she was not in the first three series it would never had been successful. She is a truely great actress and I have watched everything she has done. She should be a megastar!!!. Lol
    She may be a little crazy but thats what makes her soooo great. I really want her to do hollywood movies or be cast in a very very popular show like Greys Anatomy (which I love). Her new show sounds good but its not a golden globe kinda show though is it. Please cast her in great show or movie! She's the greatest
    I Love Shannen Doherty!!!!!!!!!
  • Shannen Doherty is so amazing! I love her in Charmed she is so ddedicated to her work! I'm so sad she quit and Prue had to die.

Shannen Doherty is so awesome! I love watching her in Charmed as Prue Halliwell. A lot of her lines are super funny! I also think she’s absolutely gorgeous! I have so many pictures of her and they are so pretty and unique. She has a great face and her hair is so silky and just so beautiful! I love how she captures the real character of Prue. I especially love how she captures all of the romantic scenes with Prue and Andy and how they are just friends and then when he dies she seems so heartbroken and sad that he’s gone. Shannen Doherty Rocks.
  • Shannen Doherty Prue on Charmed and Brenda on 90210.

I have watch Shannen Doherty since she costared with Sarah Jessica parker and Helen Hunt in the movie "Girls just want To Have Fun' just like her costars she also turned out to be a great actress. Shannen Doherty also played a Rebel in Beverly Hills 90210 not the typical blonde beauty but ahe showed that you dont have to blonde to be a good actress. Then my favorite Charmed. She played older sister Prue Halliwell another strong willed character. Shannen Doherty has always been a independent and beautiful person. To me she is a good role model better then all the other people in the media right now. i have grew up to watching Shannen Doherty acted and she helped me with what I am today.
  • The oldest and most powerfull sister Prue form 'Charmed'

Shannen is very talented and beautiful, although she is sometimes a rebel! I don't know if she's more known for her role in 'Beverly Hills 90210' or the role of Prue in 'Charmed'. I've heard that she is making a new show where she will brake up instead of somebody else. I don't know if it started yet, but if it did, I will sure watch one of the 'episodes'. I also hope that she will make more new movies, cuz I really wanna see her on a big screen!!!
  • Shannen is on of the most talented actress I have ever seen and enjoyed watching.

I started watching Shannen Doherty on 90210. She always was and is a beautiful, talented, hard-working actress on Charmed and 90210. I was upset when she left both of these she because she was my #1 favorite and always will be. I hope somedays that she never left Charmed but you do have to move on in your Career, esp when you get older you want to try new things and thats what she wanted to do after she left both of the shows. I'm just glad that I got to know more about her in 1-3 in Charmed.
  • Shannen is one of my favorites. She should have been on 90210 longer than she was.....

I enjoy watching any show that features Shannen Doherty. I started watching her when she first appeared on Little House: A New Beginning. I enjoyed her protrayal of Kris Witherspoon on Our House and luv the movie Heathers...She has done so much, I have not been lucky enough to see all her work, but by what I have seen so far is great.

When she left 90210, I was very disappointed, the show lost a wonderful character and talented actress. She deserved better treatment than what she got. I know some will disagree with me, but I really don't care. I felt that the show lost alot when Shannen left. I followed her to Charmed, she was terrific in her portrayal of Prue, she even got to direct some episodes. It was a sad day for me, when she got ousted from Charmed. I will say this again, she deserved better. I still enjoyed watching the show after she left but it was never the same. The "Bad Girl" image that she got, was not deserving...

Shannen is who she is and with her you either luv her or hate her, I for one will always be her #1 fan.
  • shannon not that bad girl, not to me.

For the past ten years, I keep hearing bad things things about Shannon Doherty. Now it's my turn. Except, you won't hear anything bad from me. She may be a tough woman, but she is a gorgeous woman. I'm in love with her. I even sent her a fan letter. I hope she gets the letter. but no matter, I happen to like Shannon. she's a wonderful woman. I have a few pictures of her at home. She comes off as a very sexy woman. She might be tough, but also she's gorgeous. Love her or leave her. I rather love her.
  • Shannen is amazing

I personally think that Shannen is an amazingly wonderful actress. I remember watching her on Little House on the Prairie when I was younger. Then I fell in love with her on 90210, but I am most fond of her as Pru on Charmed. I dont really think Shannen is given proper credit for her talent, everyone is more interested in her behavior than her acting. Shannen will always be one of my favorite celebrities and I can not wait to see her on her show Breaking up with Shannen Doherty, im sure it will be great fun for all.
  • The best actor on charmed! She should have stayed on charmed for longer ever tho I like Paige or Rose alot but i wish Shannen would have stayed!

Shannen is a great actor! She is not what people say she is she is so nice and carring about her fans! I really wish she would have stayed in charmed even tho her and Phoebe or Alyssa Milano did not get along but they could have worked it out or something. Shannen is one of my favorite actors in the world and she. And unlike some stars she cares alot about her fans! And I believe she is a great role model if you want to be a great person or just an actor! Well your the best shannen!
  • Go Shannen!

From "Heathers" and "Mallrats" to "Charmed" and "Beverly Hills 90210," Shannen has done it all. Often thought of as just an arrogant person with a diva like attitude to match, Shannen's good name has been slandered to the ground on countless occasions by the media, who, as always, exaggerated matters.

Fired from both "90210" and "Charmed" due to, as claimed, fights with Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling, and Alyssa Milano respectively, Doherty has become one of the media's targets for antics news. But the way I see it, both "Beverly Hills" and "Charmed" began to go downhill in terms of both quality and ratings shortly after Doherty left. Coincedince? I don't think so. Both cast and crew on "Charmed" have said that some of the recent, light episodes, which are considered mindless by the fans, are based on ideas that Shannen rejected back in the old days, due to the fact that she owned a percentage of the show.

Shannen's acting talent is extraordinary which was one of the things which truly hurt "Charmed" when they sacked her and kept Alyssa Milano. Milano's unnecessary soft-porn scenes and weak acting is what eventually made me tune out of the show.

Amazingly beautiful, undeniably talented, Shannen Doherty is truly one of the best stars to grace our small screens.
  • brilliant actress.

shannen doherty has starred in many tv shows and numerous movies.

she starred in the film heathers among others.

she also starred in the hit tv show beverly hills 90210 which she quit ( or got fired) from because of tension on the set.

she has also starred in the hit tv show charmed.she starred alongside holly marie combs and alyssa milano in charmed. her charachter prue was very smart independent and she always protected her sisters no matter what. she was very good for the role. she quit the show after just three years.

she is a very good actress and hope she works on more television and movies in the future.
< 1 2